and at .47/round the price is bearable!
Old 01-21-2013, 16:23   #3
WinterWizard

If only I had $600...
WinterWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 16:46   #4
Gunny Lingus
Think it moved

They seem to be about the only seller that regularly sells IMI. I'm on their email list and they have been advertising IMI for a long time.

This price isn't too high, considering it's 1200 rounds. IIRC, it was just under $400 before the election.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Hey Yeager: Youtube is NOT your friend, and DOES NOT help your business.

Last edited by Gunny Lingus; 01-21-2013 at 16:46..
Gunny Lingus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 16:53   #5
WoodenPlank
Who?

...website is down. It's online, but unresponsive. Either they are having technical difficulties, or the website is getting hammered right now.
Old 01-21-2013, 16:56   #6
Gunny Lingus
Think it moved

I looked at the website just before I posted, so I suspect that any mention anywhere of ammo being available ends up being like a DOS attack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Old 01-21-2013, 17:01   #7
WoodenPlank
Who?

They need to restart their proxy server.
Old 01-21-2013, 17:16   #8
dkf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
...website is down. It's online, but unresponsive. Either they are having technical difficulties, or the website is getting hammered right now.
AIM surplus is down too. Right after I got an e-mail they had uppers in stock. Luckily I am not looking for an upper right now.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 20:54   #9
danattherock

I went to the site and tried to register which had to be done prior to ordering. When I did, it was advertisements for best buy and education.org, saying my participation was mandatory. At the bottom, it tells me I am giving electronic permission for junk emails and phone call solicitation. Surely this is not required to do business with Widener's? If so, I will do without. If others have not had this experience (or have), I would be eager to hear. Emailed Widener's, but with things the way they are, I doubt I will get a timely reply. Wanted some ammo, but won't sign up for junk emails and telemarketers to do it.
Old 01-21-2013, 21:01   #10
boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
I went to the site and tried to register which had to be done prior to ordering. When I did, it was advertisements for best buy and education.org, saying my participation was mandatory. At the bottom, it tells me I am giving electronic permission for junk emails and phone call solicitation. Surely this is not required to do business with Widener's? If so, I will do without. If others have not had this experience (or have), I would be eager to hear. Emailed Widener's, but with things the way they are, I doubt I will get a timely reply. Wanted some ammo, but won't sign up for junk emails and telemarketers to do it.
I signed up a year or so ago and there wasn't any of that crap. Sounds like they got hacked or you got a phishing site.
boomhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 21:23   #11
danattherock

Hell, their website won't even open up now. I went back in to check and see if the same mandatory advertisement crap would pop up when I tried to register.
Old 01-21-2013, 21:23   #12
Ruggles

I agree. Bought a ton of 5.7x28mm from them in the past and they are a good company. Sounds like they have been hacked. They are on the up and up.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 21:26   #13
Gunny Lingus
Think it moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
I've been a customer for years. The only emails I ever get are about sales. They've never called me.

Old 01-21-2013, 21:30   #14
danattherock

Guess they got hacked. In order to register on the site (required to make a purchase) I was being forced to sign up for junk mail from iPhone, Best Buy, Education.org, etc.. Now the site won't even open at all. I sent an email, doubt I will get a reply before they are sold out of 5.56 though. Ha ha... I need a case of ammo badly. Got two brand new Barnes Precision AR-15's. Mounted Burris Signature 6-24 on one, and Eotech on the other today. Need ammo.
Old 01-21-2013, 21:48   #15
samuse

I like that IMI stuff, been buying from Wideners for a couple of years.

I went ahead and snagged a couple of cases just to get in on some of the panic buying! That oughta be my 5.56 purchase for 2013...

Quote:
You suck at...well, everything so far.
samuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 22:05   #16
No Quarter

Right before I posted earlier, I was able to register and order 1200 rounds of the 855 stuff. No problems and promptly received and email confirmation of my order.

It would not surprise me if some 99 week unemployment ****tards are screwing around with legitimate ecommerce sites to levy their own versoin of gun control on us.
Old 01-21-2013, 22:23   #17
cowboy1964

Site not responding at all as of now (11:23pm EST).

Last edited by cowboy1964; 01-21-2013 at 22:23..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 20:44   #18
StevenBiggs

Those didn't last long. I had the 'Notify when available' selected several weeks ago; i guess there were far more people trying to buy than they had available.

NRA - Life Member
StevenBiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 19:05   #19
SCmasterblaster

I wonder if it is possible to cripple an ammo website by too many shoppers trying to get onto the site?