SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-21-2013, 19:11   #1
G-34

permanent shift that is irreversable

so i heard on the radio today that "the country has turned to the left/liberal"

and that the "tea party/republican/bitter white old men" type has had its last "gasp"

and that the country has seen the last of it and now its shifted left and liberal permanently and that its irreversable.

not sure how i feel about that statement other than that if it turned left it can turn around again and go right,

"permenently center left" i think is not possible or permanent in any direction is not possible,

what do yall think of that persons statements?

"There is nothing so terrible as ignorance in motion.."
-Skyhook
G-34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 19:12   #2
aircarver
Silver Membership
Ride Continues

Wait'll the economy crashes ...

They'd created a vast, permanently unemployed underclass, dependent upon the Republic's stupendous welfare machine for its very existence, and in so doing, they'd sown the seeds of their own destruction. No one could place two-thirds of a world's population on the Dole and keep them there forever without the entire system crashing . . . but how in hell did one get them off the Dole? -David Weber, Flag in Exile
aircarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 19:13   #3
G-34

crashing economy? how would that have to do with left or right wingers?

-Skyhook
Old 01-21-2013, 19:27   #4
Bruce H

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswiss View Post
When things go to hell the give me give me crowd generally doesn't fare too well. When they don't get it given to them and try to take it things get real ugly real fast.
Old 01-21-2013, 19:31   #5
Syclone538

Quote:
Well there is a difference. One is tax and spend, the other is don't tax, and spend anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 19:31   #6
G-34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce H View Post
When things go to hell the give me give me crowd generally doesn't fare too well. When they don't get it given to them and try to take it things get real ugly real fast.

like looting and stealing from other people?

are they not afraid of being shot?

i would NEVER even THINK of stealing from someone like that, a life may be taken for somethning that costs a few bucks

-Skyhook
Old 01-21-2013, 20:21   #7
EOS
Headbanger

Nothing is irreversable. I forsee Liberty will overcome Liberalism and Neoconservatism. Because the young people are waking up and are rejecting the Liberal indoctrination of colleges in huge numbers. When the economy gets bad, the ebt card wielding leeches will turn on their givers, and the ones who try to take, wont last long. The troops will have to be brought home and the Neoconservative wargame will be over.

I think the collapse will be blamed universally on both parties, as it should be. Mass Government spending is bad, no matter if its spent on Sheniqua's EBT card or invading another sandy hellhole to spread our version of "freedom" (yeah, right)

Big government and Statism is dying, it is a slow death, the current Liberal sway is just Statism crawling in it's death bed. If your not a Statist, then you have reason to be optomistic.
EOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 20:49   #8
muzzledown42

Quote:

and that the "tea party/republican/bitter white old men" type has had its last "gasp"

and that the country has seen the last of it and now its shifted left and liberal permanently and that its irreversable.

not sure how i feel about that statement other than that if it turned left it can turn around again and go right,

"permenently center left" i think is not possible or permanent in any direction is not possible,

Nothing is irreversible in politics. However, the demographic trend lines are not going in favor of the GOP. Obama carried the Hispanic vote, the young vote, the women's vote, the Asian vote and, of course, the black vote by margins ranging from significant to huge. Republicans control the House right now only because of their surge in 2010 allowing them to gerrymander their way to majorities in localized elections. This is nothing new in terms of observation. It is likely the Democrats will win the next presidential election unless the GOP can begin the task of broadening its appeal. Immigration reform will probably be their first foray into such a broadening. Whether the GOP can become competitive in the female vote may hinge on whether it can dampen the ideological zeal of its anti-abortion base. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.
muzzledown42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 20:53   #9
QNman
resU deretsigeR

What do I think? That the author is a self-deluded leftist...
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 21:16   #10
gilfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzledown42 View Post
Nothing is irreversible in politics. However, the demographic trend lines are not going in favor of the GOP. Obama carried the Hispanic vote, the young vote, the women's vote, the Asian vote and, of course, the black vote by margins ranging from significant to huge. Republicans control the House right now only because of their surge in 2010 allowing them to gerrymander their way to majorities in localized elections. This is nothing new in terms of observation. It is likely the Democrats will win the next presidential election unless the GOP can begin the task of broadening its appeal. Immigration reform will probably be their first foray into such a broadening. Whether the GOP can become competitive in the female vote may hinge on whether it can dampen the ideological zeal of its anti-abortion base. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.
+1
If the GOP does not at least tolerate gays and womens rights they are doomed,

Last edited by gilfo; 01-21-2013 at 21:16..
gilfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 21:32   #11
JBnTX
God Bless Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilfo View Post

+1
If the GOP does not at least tolerate gays and womens rights they are doomed,
Why would you think they don't already do that?
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 21:43   #12
EOS
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
Why would you think they don't already do that?
The element of the party that picketts D.C with "being gay is a sin" signs every year. Womens rights generally mean abortion, which should be a state issue.
EOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 22:07   #13
Syclone538

10A

Marriage and abortion are both state issues.

Quote:
The constitution is not, nor was it meant to be absolutely literal.
Syclone538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 00:08   #14
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:

It's as true as the "permanent Republican majorities" turned out to be. Seem to remember something about that from Gingrich way back when, and again when GWB was in office.

Never underestimate the capability of either party to rally around and actually nominate an unpalatable candidate.

Biden in 2016? Clinton? They better find someone else waiting in the wings if they want to make it a three-peat.

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 01-22-2013 at 00:16..
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 00:28   #15
JohnLew

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
It's as true as the "permanent Republican majorities" turned out to be. Seem to remember something about that from Gingrich way back when, and again when GWB was in office.

Never underestimate the capability of either party to rally around and actually nominate an unpalatable candidate.

Biden in 2016? Clinton? They better find someone else waiting in the wings if they want to make it a three-peat.

Randy
They already have the someone else waiting in the wings and he's sharpening his Liberal resume with gun control - Andrew Cuomo.
JohnLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:28   #16
TxGun

When Bill Clinton won the second time, dems said it was a signal they would "control the WH for decades to come". That prediction didn't work out, neither will the one you heard on the radio.
TxGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:11   #17
cesaros

No such thing as a permanent shift in politics.

Remember...Liberals used to be the ones fighting for individual rights. Now its the Right who is fighting.

Politics and political parties go in a cycle

The pen IS mightier than the sword; but when you run out of ink, I will be ready with plenty of ammo.
cesaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:42   #18
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Mr. John Galt... paging Mr. John Galt...
When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:56   #19
Calhoun123

Demographics are close to turning Texas, Florida, and Ohio solidly blue. Republicans/conservatives MAY have one last gasp unless something major happens to change things.
Calhoun123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:51   #20
Lowjiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hansen View Post
Mr. John Galt... paging Mr. John Galt...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Lowjiber is offline   Reply With Quote