Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:47   #1
Upstate Glocker

NY Members ONLY survey

Curious to know what the early vibes are about how us "assault" rifle owners are going to respond to the Cuomo registration requirement -- will owners in your area:

1) Register as required under the law;
2) Modify to avoid definition of "assault rifle" (eg, remove pistol grip);
3) Sell out of state to avoid the issue entirely;
4) Other (I'll leave it to you to figure it out) ?

I'm guessing:
1) 10 percent
2) 30 percent
3) 10 percent
4) 50 percent

Am I close?

Last edited by Upstate Glocker; 01-20-2013 at 12:49.. Reason: clarification
Upstate Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 23:03   #2
57cal

yes, very close
57cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:24   #3
Upstate Glocker

I may have been low on Option 4 --

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/h...BJJhkLBtiTPMfJ
Old 01-21-2013, 10:21   #4
RichardB
Silver Membership

Anyone who informs the world that he is going to violate NY law deserves what ever happens. Nobody is going to believe that you are reporting what "The Other Guys" are planning. Never forget:

Gun-Control Issues

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”

Last edited by RichardB; 01-21-2013 at 10:44..
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:26   #5
stormcaller111

I sold all my assault weapons, I have none.....and no, i don't have bills of sale or their names.....
stormcaller111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 16:28   #6
Upstate Glocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
Anyone who informs the world that he is going to violate NY law deserves what ever happens. Nobody is going to believe that you are reporting what "The Other Guys" are planning. Never forget:

Gun-Control Issues

Who is informing the world about what they are going to do? I didn't ask, never would and frankly don't care about what any particular person does. I am asking about what we think the roughly 1 million owners are going to do -- and if its openly discussed in the NY Post I don't think you need to worry about your predictions being some state secret. I know people who will sell, some who will register, and some who will modify. Even the Cuomo people acknowledge a huge number will not register. The question is what proportion of the 1 million will fall into which category.
Old 01-22-2013, 20:52   #7
cagnoli
Patriot First

I shoot IDPA and Trap, belong to several local clubs. I have yet to find one resident who plans on registering their semi auto weapons. Not a single one. As a matter of fact, many are planning on leaving the state, and taking their guns and tax dollars with them.

The local trap clubs don't even know ow they are going to sell shells to shooters. Are they going to have to do a background check every Tuesday and Thursday night for the same damn people?

Duomo has wakened a sleeping giant for sure.

As for the magazines, don't look for a real high return on that part of the law either.....

You've seen my posts in the past. I'm leaving, and I'm taking $250,000 a year in economic activity with me. In addition to my wife and I's income, my retired parents and at least two working friends are tagging along to Tennessee.

I sold my house at a loss to get rid of it, AND screw NYS by lowering the tax liability, to a women who probably makes 1/5th what my wife and I make. Eventually, the beast will starve to death.

My local rep, Andrew Goodell is a pro gun politician, and he's getting a certified letter from me the day we leave with a redacted copy of my tax return (no identity theft), last property tax bill, and new and future Tennessee tax bill PLUS a copy of the Tennessee gun laws. He can absolutely use MY story to lambaste the Democrats and Downstate RINO's on what their policies are doing to NYS.

I may be leaving, but I'm still going to try and help my friends that are stuck here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: I got something to stop him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
: They made it for him special. It's an eighty-eight Magnum.

: It shoots through schools.
cagnoli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cuomo, new york