Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-18-2013, 21:05   #451
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFEND GLOCK View Post
& all the people buying magpul magazines for $60-$80 when they only worth $20
No one pays more than they are worth to them. I have a friend that has 60+ AR 15 mags that we are going to sell on Sunday. I figure that we will walk the show first, figure out how much they are going for inside, then walk outside and finish the poster sign undercutting the inside sellers by 3 to 5 dollars.

I don't have an AR 15, so I don't need any. I feel good about helping those that need them get them cheaper.

Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:55   #452
RacingGLOCK35
Iceman Killeth

Send a message via AIM to RacingGLOCK35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
No one pays more than they are worth to them. I have a friend that has 60+ AR 15 mags that we are going to sell on Sunday. I figure that we will walk the show first, figure out how much they are going for inside, then walk outside and finish the poster sign undercutting the inside sellers by 3 to 5 dollars.

I don't have an AR 15, so I don't need any. I feel good about helping those that need them get them cheaper.

Good idea. I have 170 mags for my ARs and have no desire to sell them. Not when I only paid 12$ a piece for my pmags and less than 10 for my USGI mags.
GOTOD #0122
G17, O.D. G17, G19, G22, G17 RTF, G26, G27, G23, G35, G34, G24
USP COMPACT 9, P2000 SK
SIG 2022, 226, 229, 220 SAS

LWRC PSD, Noveske Recce Light, POF PDW
RacingGLOCK35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 00:40   #453
magnum62
BucketHead

They will continue to pound away at us in the media. Lots of articles, stories, tv shows and news reports. They've already associated us with nazis and racists. They will keep it up, softening public opinion for more gun control. They've done it before on other issues.. It's a propaganda war

~John Wayne, The Sands of Iwo Jima

Last edited by magnum62; 01-20-2013 at 00:41..
magnum62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:41   #454
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum62 View Post
They will continue to pound away at us in the media. Lots of articles, stories, tv shows and news reports. They've already associated us with nazis and racists. They will keep it up, softening public opinion for more gun control. They've done it before on other issues.. It's a propaganda war
And the way to win one if those is to fight back and as sad as it is, not be too worried about being nice about it. Use the same tactics of ridicule, discrediting their character, a steady message and getting your own message out there.

When you are amongs liars, cheats and thieves, you have to play by the same rules if you want to come out even. If you want to win, you may have to try harder than they are.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:54   #455
mattenglish

Enforced when caught

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Enforced when caught, like most other laws.
Correct...if your former gun gets traced back, perhaps after being involved in a crime, and you had not performed the appropriate registration of transfer...you get busted.

I'm a minimalist regarding gov't regulation, but i feel the private sale registration along w/ improving the fed database to include wackos will go along way in getting Libs off the backs of law abiding citizens.

....it does state "a WELL REGULATED militia"
mattenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:08   #456
jdavionic
NRA Member

Yay...it's over. Oops...not yet. Carry on.

BTW - the methods that Obama used on ObamaCare was to pass a bill and then backdoor the additional changes that he wanted in the original bill via EOs.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:17   #457
DaGump
CLM Number 158
Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattenglish View Post

It does say "well regulated," and based on your argument you don't have a clue what that phrase means. Please educate yourself, then explain how federal registrations and assault weapons bans would keep a militia in good working order.
-Lazarus Long
DaGump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:29   #458
iDivideByZero
Padawan

Quote:
... I'm a minimalist regarding gov't regulation, but i feel the private sale registration along w/ improving the fed database to include wackos will go along way in getting Libs off the backs of law abiding citizens.

First off, the universal background checks solve nothing. They place burden on law abiding citizens, and are blatant invasion of privacy. They will allow the government to track gun ownership of law abiding citizens, while doing nothing to regulate illicit sales or crime.

Secondly, the entire principle of our country's foundation is the protection of individual rights. We live in a republic, not a democracy. Regardless if 99.9% of people want something, if it violates that remaining 0.1% of the population's rights then it is illegal. Even if the government passes a law, and they are actively violating the constitution, it is illegal. Rights have to be fought for from time to time. To willingly relinquish your freedom to appease a group of people is foolish.

The Constitution is the supreme law of the land. Period end of story. The founding fathers were clear about their meaning and intentions with the Bill of Rights. They wrote correspondence to one another, and they published letters in newspapers. You should spend a little time reading some of that material. Constitutional law is a very interesting subject, and you can really never know too much about it. In the end you'll only have the rights and freedom you are willing to fight for.

Last edited by iDivideByZero; 01-20-2013 at 13:19..
iDivideByZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:41   #459
mattenglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGump View Post
It does say "well regulated," and based on your argument you don't have a clue what that phrase means. Please educate yourself, then explain how federal registrations and assault weapons bans would keep a militia in good working order.
wow..."don't have a clue".

Using your statement; if a militia were in good working order, it would keep track of it's firearms. Wether that is a good or bad thing, each of us can decide, but for you to refer to me as uneducated after analyzing my argument is puzzling. Further, you mentioned assault weapons bans...i never discussed that issue; i happen to be in favor of the right for us to own them. Having a bad day, big fella? Think positive thoughts, have a beer, etc.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:52   #460
Providence

Quote:
gibberish
Joined in Dec. and has 3 posts. Guess what they are about? I wonder if he has ever heard of DU?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:56   #461
silentpoet

Maybe we should have universal registration of phones and printers too. I mean some speech might offend some DU troll.
silentpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:16   #462
mattenglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence View Post
Joined in Dec. and has 3 posts. Guess what they are about? I wonder if he has ever heard of DU?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
"being much more interested in "combat/tactical" shooting to protect my family, versus standard target shooting, i find your explanation to be A+ for my needs!!! TY Chute!!!"

...above is one of the 3 posts you referred to...that sound like an anti-gun, anti-kill bad guy mentality?
so i'm a newbie on this forum...so freakin' what? and yep, i don't know what the acronym DU is nor the slang "troll"...my life is not focused on chatrooms.
i watched Chutes video regarding point shooting and went out plinking yesterday to work on those suggestions, blowing out 200 rounds...I practice what i preach. both in the use of my guns, and urging my congressmen to support the 2nd.
Looks like we gotta buncha john wayne wannabees who try to pick on the newbie for discussing rational ideas...ideas that are STILL pro-gun! I should be able to own an AR or a 30 round pistol clip.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:47   #463
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Looks like we gotta buncha john wayne wannabees
I fancy myself more like Max Rockatansky. Get your stories straight if you want to try to insult someone.
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:53   #464
mattenglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
I fancy myself more like Max Rockatansky. Get your stories straight if you want to try to insult someone.
THIS reply to my response about others insulting ME? If they can't take it, they should not dish it out in the first place.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:00   #465
Steel Head
Tactical Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Reports are that the Biden committee will announce tougher background checks to prevent guns from ending up in the hands of the mentally ill, a nationwide discussion on mental health, and school safety initiatives.

No restriction on assault weapons or mags or ammo.

Biden has said that his Senate colleagues universally opposed any gun control. So, Obama blames Congress for no restrictions.

I think they knew this was a dog and pony show gamble. If they won, they claim success, if they lose, they blame Congress.

Come Tuesday, those folks that paid $2000 for a $600 DPMS are gonna feel pretty darn stupid. The buyers market will be back by Spring.
I'd be happy with this.

As for blaming Congress,maybe Congress is just listening to the voters.

Maybe the FUHRER OBAMITLER and his GUNSTOPO should too.

The people Who shelled out big panic bucks
Old 01-20-2013, 12:39   #466
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Correct...if your former gun gets traced back, perhaps after being involved in a crime, and you had not performed the appropriate registration of transfer...you get busted.
A receipt would handle that. I sold the weapon on date X…

Quote:
I'm a minimalist regarding gov't regulation,
No, you're not.

Quote:
but i feel the private sale registration along w/ improving the fed database
Your feelings have nothing to do with my rights.

1. It's none of the government's business where my firearms are. Ever.

2. A private sale registration scheme is worthless unless .gov knows where all the weapons are to start with. If not, that is unless to say there is immediate, universal house to house search and seizure, the pre-existing 300 MILLION weapons could continue to exchange hands without the government knowing about it. Any weapon encountered by LE would be indeterminate as to how many people have owned it and how many times its changed hands (or when) except for the original owner and current possessor if the ATF were in possession of a 4473 and the gun, the one of 300 MILLION, were manufactured before the start of said registration.

3. Ask the Canadians how theirs is working. It's not.

WTF does having a record of weapon (lets say, for example, a 4473 exists, as it does now. That's a form of a registration. How does that stop a crime?) Truth: Registration only aids later confiscation.

Quote:
along w/ improving the fed database to include wackos will go along way in getting Libs off the backs of law abiding citizens.
Libs will never get off our backs until all weapons are confiscated. They live to harass and attempt all forms of regulation, most of which is ineffective and meaningless. They're control freaks. Are you really so gullible, Mr Chamberlain, to believe they'd ever be satisfied?

Quote:

In the parlance of the day, well regulated meant well-practiced. So as far as I'm concerned, it means target ranges are protected too. They did not at ALL mean government regulation.
Old 01-20-2013, 13:07   #467
mgs
Always Carrying

Sunday...almost a week! Panic is not over yet!
mgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 13:47   #468
Providence

Quote:
"being much more interested in "combat/tactical" shooting to protect my family, versus standard target shooting, i find your explanation to be A+ for my needs!!! TY Chute!!!"

...above is one of the 3 posts you referred to...that sound like an anti-gun, anti-kill bad guy mentality?
so i'm a newbie on this forum...so freakin' what? and yep, i don't know what the acronym DU is nor the slang "troll"...my life is not focused on chatrooms.
i watched Chutes video regarding point shooting and went out plinking yesterday to work on those suggestions, blowing out 200 rounds...I practice what i preach. both in the use of my guns, and urging my congressmen to support the 2nd.
Looks like we gotta buncha john wayne wannabees who try to pick on the newbie for discussing rational ideas...ideas that are STILL pro-gun! I should be able to own an AR or a 30 round pistol clip.
Assuming what you say is true...

I believe in a literal and historical reading of the bill of rights. Many today want to change the constitution to suit their own agenda. A little over 100 years ago, we knew that we needed to amend the constitution to outlaw alcohol. Now we think we can do something like that with a simple majority vote... or a Presidential Executive Order.

That goes for the second amendment as well. There is ample historical examples of what the founding fathers meant by their wording. The "militia" was/is the citizens of the United States. "Well regulated" refers to the citizens being prepared. It is our responsibility to be prepared.

Most of the confusion may be because the definition of words have changed slightly over the last 200 years... for example "pursuit of happiness" actually refers to our God-given right to have a chance at success - not happiness like we think of it today.
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 14:15   #469
Realfire

I only hope your right but I believe it is far from over !

Your Best Friend /Your Worst Nightmare
(you decide) ******

Realfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 14:33   #470
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

It ain't over yet.

Mesquite TX gun show today:
Bulk .223 was $1100 for 1000 rounds. Even the private sellers with ammo in backpacks were asking $1 per round. Glad I don't need any .223.
LR308 20 round mags, $125.
AR-15 30 round steel mags with tan follower, $39.95.
Ruger 10/22 - 25 round mags, $109.
I watched a guy laugh at being offered $400 for a wooden stocked ordinary SKS.

I am so glad I saw this coming. I even have enough to sell a bit. Friend of mine sold 45 x AR 15 mags out of his backpack walking around.

It's capitalism in action. Hang on, bumpy road ahead.
Old 01-20-2013, 14:51   #471
mattenglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
A receipt would handle that. I sold the weapon on date X…

No, you're not.

Your feelings have nothing to do with my rights.

1. It's none of the government's business where my firearms are. Ever.

2. A private sale registration scheme is worthless unless .gov knows where all the weapons are to start with. If not, that is unless to say there is immediate, universal house to house search and seizure, the pre-existing 300 MILLION weapons could continue to exchange hands without the government knowing about it. Any weapon encountered by LE would be indeterminate as to how many people have owned it and how many times its changed hands (or when) except for the original owner and current possessor if the ATF were in possession of a 4473 and the gun, the one of 300 MILLION, were manufactured before the start of said registration.

3. Ask the Canadians how theirs is working. It's not.

WTF does having a record of weapon (lets say, for example, a 4473 exists, as it does now. That's a form of a registration. How does that stop a crime?) Truth: Registration only aids later confiscation.

Libs will never get off our backs until all weapons are confiscated. They live to harass and attempt all forms of regulation, most of which is ineffective and meaningless. They're control freaks. Are you really so gullible, Mr Chamberlain, to believe they'd ever be satisfied?

In the parlance of the day, well regulated meant well-practiced. So as far as I'm concerned, it means target ranges are protected too. They did not at ALL mean government regulation.
WELL STATED...and no schoolgirl insult included in the commentary....TY.

perhaps, in stating my acceptance of increasing background registration, i should have emphasized the background check of the buyer...THIS is what makes it different from a mere receipt...
my overall view on this is that i would be willing to stiffen the background checking in order to maintain AR/megaclip firearms. I understand the fear of "mission creep" by the leftists, but i feel the pros outweigh the cons and we can put issue to bed.

Last edited by mattenglish; 01-20-2013 at 14:53.. Reason: spelling
Old 01-20-2013, 16:55   #472
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:

I'm a minimalist regarding gov't regulation,"
No you aren't.
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 16:57   #473
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
WELL STATED...and no schoolgirl insult included in the commentary....TY.

perhaps, in stating my acceptance of increasing background registration, i should have emphasized the background check of the buyer...THIS is what makes it different from a mere receipt...
my overall view on this is that i would be willing to stiffen the background checking in order to maintain AR/megaclip firearms. I understand the fear of "mission creep" by the leftists, but i feel the pros outweigh the cons and we can put issue to bed.
WHAT is a mega clip firearm?
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 17:04   #474
PAGunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
WHAT is a mega clip firearm?
Lmfao, ya that's a new one. Ooohhhhsss nooooeeesss not the "megaclip"... I'm just waiting for someone to post a picture and caption it with megaclip. Lol
Old 01-20-2013, 17:11   #475
Ruggles

I still foresee a crap load of everything in mass production right now (ammo, mags, ARs and AR parts) hitting the market latter this year and a huge spike in supply while demand starts to slow down due to inaction on new proposed legislation and people calming down.

I think we will all be able to order mags, ammo or BCGs and even complete rifles at MSRP by mid to late summer.

Might even be some folks selling stuff they over extended themselves for at really good prices.

Now late 2014 / early 2015 might be a like this again if the midterms go badly.

This is a lot like 2008 (which was driven by mainly just gun people) but more intense (it is being driven by gun and non gun people) but like 2008 it will subside with 6 months I think.

I might pick up a PTR91 then

Last edited by Ruggles; 01-20-2013 at 17:14..
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote