GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-19-2013, 14:33   #21
wingryder

Here is a quote from his recent form letter to me.

Quote:
In the aftermath of this unspeakable tragedy, like millions of Americans, I am looking for public policy changes that might prevent such a horrible event from happening again. I continue to be a strong supporter of the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution which guarantees citizens the right to safely and responsibly bear arms. At the same time, I have always been open to measures that would keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. In light of this horrible tragedy, I am open to new ideas to prevent mass tragedies like this from happening again.
He IS claiming to be a strong second amendment supporter, but then states he is OPEN to measures that would keep guns away from criminals.

Well WHO ISN'T FOR THAT?!?!? But passing more restrictive laws doesn't seem to help that! That just tells me that he is willing to cave when it comes to registration or something to that effect.

At least Senator Nelson was straight up: " I support reinstating the assault weapons ban and restoring the 10-round limit for ammunition magazines." I was equally frank in my reply to him, that we gun owners will remember that in 2016 when he wants our vote.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
wingryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 15:40   #22
fx77
CLM Number 232
Charter Lifetime Member

Not Rubio
Rand Paul or Ted Cruz...
fx77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2nd amendment, registration, rubio