SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:21   #426
IV Troop

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcwes View Post
This, as a high ranking police officer in charge of operations or having say so in almost all operations I will not go against what I am sworn to protect being the Constitution and will not participate or allow any of my officers to participate in such illegal acts. If my views cost me a job there will be a mass exodus and you will have more allies.
EXACTLY!

I am a LEO for an agency in the Rocky Mountain west. In no way shape or form am I going to support any of this Bull Crap. In fact I was discussing this with my fellow investigators in my office and we all (who all of us are also .mil vets too)stood firm in our convictions that we took an oath, first when we joined the military, then when we became LEOs, to protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies Foreign and Domestic.

As far as we are concerned these executive orders and planned aggressions go directly against our Bill of Rights and not only will we protect our citizens rights, we will stand side by side if things get nasty.

Our citizens and LEOs in our community/state are all on the same side. Shoulder to Shoulder.
There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all.THEODORE ROOSEVELT: 1915
IV Troop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:31   #427
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
No. Crazy people are entitled to self defense too.

You sound like a gun grabber.
You sound like a crazy person......

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:13   #428
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post

That is an interesting argument. I think that sufficient argument could be made on both sides of the aisle and even to include that felons have a right to defend themselves in their own homes.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:14   #429
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post

The voices tell me I'm not
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 15:45   #430
P99er
AKA PPQ'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by IV Troop View Post
EXACTLY!

I am a LEO for an agency in the Rocky Mountain west. In no way shape or form am I going to support any of this Bull Crap. In fact I was discussing this with my fellow investigators in my office and we all (who all of us are also .mil vets too)stood firm in our convictions that we took an oath, first when we joined the military, then when we became LEOs, to protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies Foreign and Domestic.

As far as we are concerned these executive orders and planned aggressions go directly against our Bill of Rights and not only will we protect our citizens rights, we will stand side by side if things get nasty.

Our citizens and LEOs in our community/state are all on the same side. Shoulder to Shoulder.

Thank you.

"I cannot sit and watch a lady diminish her qualities to the lowest common denominator. I just can't do that" - Jerry Lewis on female comics
P99er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 17:05   #431
RoyHinkley
Bonafide User

Quote:
Originally Posted by P99er View Post
Thank you.
Ditto

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 01-18-2013, 05:25   #432
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorper View Post
The mental health issue is going to be bantered about a lot. Look for these issues to be integrated into future background checks. (ie. If you have ever been diagnosed with certain conditions, and possibly even the medications you are on).
I was talking with a conservative doctor friend of mine, and I said, "There comes a point where we have to trust medical professionals not to abuse the power to deem an individual 'unfit' to own a gun."

He said, "You would be shocked at how many liberal doctors - especially psychiatrists - are waiting to have and use that power."

Consider gun collecting diagnosed as an 'Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.'
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:47   #433
mgs
Always Carrying

Friday....no better yet!
mgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:53   #434
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs View Post
Friday....no better yet!
The panic exists in the minds of those who succumb to it. Reasonable people are generally unaffected.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:57   #435
Atlas
transmogrifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
The panic exists in the minds of those who succumb to it. Reasonable people are generally unaffected.
I believe I see the problem here...

Uncontrolled, unaccountable government spending + Graduated income-tax = SLAVERY
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:20   #436
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs View Post
Friday....no better yet!
I don't think it will change because the fear of the "unknown" is driving things.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:45   #437
Specialkny

How about 10,15,20, Life or Death

I'm curious to know what you guys think about these ideas. Instead of trying to restrict law abiding citizens that don't mind following the rules of gun ownership why not impose these types of laws.

1. If caught with an illegal firearm you go to jail for 10 years, mandatory.
2. If caught buying or selling an illegal fiream you get 10 years, mandatory.
3. If caught crossing state lines with an illegal fiream you get 15 years, mandatory.
4. If you brandish an illegal firearm you go to jail for 15 years, mandatory.
5. If you commit a crime with an illegal firearm you get either a life sentence or death (depending on state law where the crime was committed), mandatory.

Why not pass a law that would give LE the right to randomly search parolees, known gang members (and their affiliates), and drug dealers for possession of illegal weapons or ammunition.

Perhaps these ideas would make thoses commiting crimes get rid of their illegal guns instead of trying to stop legal gun owners from their second amendment rights.

These seem like they will result in a better reduction of illegal gun ownership and a reduction in crimes commited with any type of firearm. Your thoughts?
Specialkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:57   #438
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

The panic is still alive and well, CDNN shut down online orders again due to increase in sales volume.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/
Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:30   #439
Captain Caveman
a.k.a. DaReaper

Let's keep a few things in mind here.

1. Sandy Hook happened right before the holidays. Manufacturers were, more than likely, gearing down.

2. After the holidays, the manufacturers and dealers were gearing UP for Shot Show.

Inventory was already down due to holidays and Shot. Now, I am predicting a step up from the manufacturing side to all time highs. There will still be a shortage of guns, ammo and gear. But it will catch up. It will take 6mo, maybe 1 year, but it will.

Just my .02 (.005 after new taxes)
so they went to the polls and removed all doubt.
Captain Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:48   #440
kensb2
pistol n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specialkny View Post
I'm curious to know what you guys think about these ideas. Instead of trying to restrict law abiding citizens that don't mind following the rules of gun ownership why not impose these types of laws.

3. If caught crossing state lines with an illegal fiream you get 15 years, mandatory.
5. If you commit a crime with an illegal firearm you get either a life sentence or death (depending on state law where the crime was committed), mandatory.

Why not pass a law that would give LE the right to randomly search parolees, known gang members (and their affiliates), and drug dealers for possession of illegal weapons or ammunition.

Perhaps these ideas would make thoses commiting crimes get rid of their illegal guns instead of trying to stop legal gun owners from their second amendment rights.

These seem like they will result in a better reduction of illegal gun ownership and a reduction in crimes commited with any type of firearm. Your thoughts?
I was with you up until the part in bold. I don't think that law jives with the 4th Amendment. Just because I think you're a drug dealer doesn't give me the right to search you (without probably cause!).

The other issue is getting judges to actually enforce mandatory sentencing. Most states already have minimum sentences for convicted felons charged with illegal possession of a handgun, some are more than 10 years already and also include fines into the tens of thousands of dollars. It's not about more laws, it's about properly enforcing the ones already on the books!
kensb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:06   #441
USSOCOM

The problem with the system IMHO is that the judges sitting on the bench will not enforce the existing thousands of gun laws already on the books.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:18   #442
GeneralSnafu

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlenm View Post
I've sold two rifles lately without a background check, one of them to someone I just met. We need to pick our battles, and there needs to be some compromising or we are going to end up losing badly. There is no need for a registry, there is no need for gov to know what we own or are trying to sell. A simple authorization and complete the sale.

If we don't come to an agreement we are going to look like a bunch of freaks that don't trust anyone and that don't care at all about all the innocent people murdered.

Don't agree with me, fine, I understand. But most of you guys aren't 10 miles away from sandy hook, a day don't know half the crap that we are dealing with here. I'm sorry, but this is going to be offered, and I think it's something to consider over the alternatives.
I say, "Give up nothing." I may not see it in my day but, I believe this country is headed for a full blown and violent revolution. The things you are willing to give up now, may well be the things you'll wish you hadn't given up, when the revolution arrives.

It's too bad, more people don't see things like this guy. Check out his video:
GeneralSnafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 16:41   #443
johnrogers

^ This! Amen! I'll believe "the reports" once I read them.
johnrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 17:45   #444
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuncle View Post
I was on a conference call with Bruce Reed from Biden's staff, with 500 other people who have signed gun-related petitions on We the People, on Friday: he seemed pretty intent on the AWB and magazine capacity limits, to the point that when nearly every commenter was against them he said the president was calling him and ended the call after about 25 minutes. I'm skeptical that they have seen the light.
Opposition to this liberal stupid fest is still needed. There are plenty of liberal retards writing their reps. That has to be countered. No one representative is reading every email they get, but their staffers are counting them up for them.

See the sig line below. Realize that the liberalretards are writing their reps daily, yours too.

Might as well write back.

The Okie Corral
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 18:16   #445
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralSnafu View Post
I say, "Give up nothing." I may not see it in my day but, I believe this country is headed for a full blown and violent revolution. The things you are willing to give up now, may well be the things you'll wish you hadn't given up, when the revolution arrives.

It's too bad, more people don't see things like this guy. Check out his video:
How To Stop Mass Shootings? - Video
That is some good and true stuff right there

Great video for spreading logic from a non partisan (I am still not sure the guy in the video even owns a gun) point of view. Excellent job from the guy in the video.

Thanks for sharing
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 18:26   #446
G26S239
NRA Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specialkny View Post

Absolutely no. It is ridiculous what is considered illegal here in the PRK.

As for your suggestions about randomly searching known gang members w/o probable cause abrogating the 4th amendment is a crappy idea.
Old 01-18-2013, 18:36   #447
Jade Falcon
Go Blazers!

I predict a ban on "Hi Cap" (normal) mags, but no AWB. When will all of this take place, is my only question.
Old 01-18-2013, 18:49   #448
oldgraywolf
NRA, SAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Falcon View Post
I predict a ban on "Hi Cap" (normal) mags, but no AWB. When will all of this take place, is my only question.
I'll venture that Obama & Co. will try to lay it on us as fast as possible. It seemed to work pretty well for Cuomo. Opposition is growing and the longer they wait, the lower their odds. All bets are off if there's another school massacre, though.

definatally
rediculas
theirs'
oldgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 19:29   #449
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgraywolf View Post
I'll venture that Obama & Co. will try to lay it on us as fast as possible. It seemed to work pretty well for Cuomo. Opposition is growing and the longer they wait, the lower their odds. All bets are off if there's another school massacre, though.

Nothing is for sure. All bets are just bets.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Having been a member of the Graywolf Brigade, I wish you well, Mustangs
Cavalry Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 19:58   #450
DEFEND GLOCK

& all the people buying magpul magazines for $60-$80 when they only worth $20
DEFEND GLOCK is offline   Reply With Quote