Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-16-2013, 16:33   #251
Glock20 10mm
Use Linux!

And the second class...

Transcending Stress
productivity, relationships and quality of life. In this interactive session, participants will have the opportunity to learn and practice a variety of empowering techniques to transcend daily stress. Like a breath of fresh air, this workshop will provide you with tools to move beyond stress and build on the positives in your life.

In this session, participants will learn:

- The power of breathing, meditation and humor in stressful times
- How to shift your attitude and self-talk from stress to empowerment
- Lifestyle modifications to help you let go of stress and focus on the positive
Glock20 10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 16:36   #252
GRIMLET
Deceased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
Well... here is the first course I have to attend...

Find What Works; Build From There

Description and Notes
Below are the details about this activity including activity description, user notes and instructor notes.

Description:
In this interactive workshop, we’ll examine the causes of workplace negativity and focus on how to build a healthier and more respectful work environment. Learn tools and behaviors to help you build bridges and maintain positive working relationships.

In this session, participants will:

• Identify components of workplace health develop a plan for improvement
• Practice assertive communication behaviors that demonstrate respect
• Learn how to apply effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills
Hahahah
Sounds like "fun"

At least you get paid to attend.
Seriously, go in with an open mind.

Do you remember the line on the movie The International?
The bad guy is playing chess with his son and asks him what does one do when he finds himself in a situation he cant get out.
The kid responds, "Go further in".
Think about it.

Good luck.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 18:42   #253
Ballisticism
Spray & Pray

Glock20, sincerely with all due respect, the Marine Corps trains soldiers; colleges train sheeple. I am in a similar situation, and am deeply disappointed with my experiences with the postsecondary education system, though it's better if you're employed by it than being "educated" by it, IMO.

"They" train people to repeat the answers they've heard and tell them that they are smart, and frown upon assertiveness and independence and ESPECIALLY "hypermasculinity." Don't kid yourself, it's part of a big ****storm of a conspiracy to undermine the strength of the people by marginalizing those who fill the societal role of protector and villainizing independence in thought, action, and attitude.

A phoenix-like rebirth is the only hope.

Last edited by Ballisticism; 01-16-2013 at 18:43..
Ballisticism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 18:49   #254
oldgraywolf
NRA, SAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
And the second class...

Transcending Stress
productivity, relationships and quality of life. In this interactive session, participants will have the opportunity to learn and practice a variety of empowering techniques to transcend daily stress. Like a breath of fresh air, this workshop will provide you with tools to move beyond stress and build on the positives in your life.

In this session, participants will learn:

- The power of breathing, meditation and humor in stressful times
- How to shift your attitude and self-talk from stress to empowerment
- Lifestyle modifications to help you let go of stress and focus on the positive
OP, you have my most sincere sympathy.

definatally
rediculas
theirs'
oldgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 18:59   #255
Ballisticism
Spray & Pray

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock20 10mm View Post
in this interactive session, participants will have the opportunity to learn and practice a variety of empowering techniques to transcend daily stress. Like a breath of fresh air, this workshop will provide you with tools to move beyond stress and build on the positives in your life.
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

Last edited by Ballisticism; 01-16-2013 at 19:00..
Ballisticism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 20:40   #256
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballisticism
sincerely with all due respect, the Marine Corps trains soldiers; colleges train sheeple. I am in a similar situation, and am deeply disappointed with my experiences with the postsecondary education system, though it's better if you're employed by it than being "educated" by it, IMO.

"They" train people to repeat the answers they've heard and tell them that they are smart, and frown upon assertiveness and independence and ESPECIALLY "hypermasculinity."
Well put.
I've been working in corporations since 1984 and in hindsight, I actually resent the fact that colleges do not emphasize entrepreneurship. Instead, of fostering innovation and new businesses, they teach you how to be a corporate clone.

That said, I think the O.P. needs to be aware that there is a database available to corporations which keeps track of people who have sued their employers. I have to assume that appearing in that database makes finding future employment difficult. Take a valium and pretend to be enlightened by your class.

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 01-16-2013 at 20:42.. Reason: my quote was fubar'd
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:19   #257
Mr T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballisticism View Post
Glock20, sincerely with all due respect, the Marine Corps trains soldiers; colleges train sheeple.

"They" train people to repeat the answers they've heard and tell them that they are smart, and frown upon assertiveness and independence and ESPECIALLY "hypermasculinity."

To Ballisticism: "Colleges train sheeple????" Give me a break, probably the only thing college really imparts to its students (for the most part) is the skill of critical thinking. "Hypermasculinity"???? Really??? Don't you paint a lovely picture yourself and others like you. I call that being an Alpha male ass****!! What a crock of bull. You're a pneumocephelic!!! Sorry, I probably shouldn't use college words.

Last edited by Mr T; 01-17-2013 at 11:24.. Reason: I calmed down
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:23   #258
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Glock20, sincerely with all due respect, the Marine Corps trains soldiers; colleges train sheeple. I am in a similar situation, and am deeply disappointed with my experiences with the postsecondary education system, though it's better if you're employed by it than being "educated" by it, IMO.

"They" train people to repeat the answers they've heard and tell them that they are smart, and frown upon assertiveness and independence and ESPECIALLY "hypermasculinity." Don't kid yourself, it's part of a big ****storm of a conspiracy to undermine the strength of the people by marginalizing those who fill the societal role of protector and villainizing independence in thought, action, and attitude.

Who trains engineers to design tanks, jets and ships?

Last edited by certifiedfunds; 01-17-2013 at 11:23..
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 20:01   #259
MinervaDoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
To Ballisticism: "Colleges train sheeple????" Give me a break, probably the only thing college really imparts to its students (for the most part) is the skill of critical thinking. "Hypermasculinity"???? Really??? Don't you paint a lovely picture yourself and others like you. I call that being an Alpha male ass****!! What a crock of bull.
Did you even go to college? If so, you obviously aren't too observant. Yes, universities have a left wing bias and train people to be conformist.

Quote:
You're a pneumocephelic!!! Sorry, I probably shouldn't use college words.
You spelled it wrong. It's pneumocephalus. Maybe you're right about one thing. You shouldn't use college words, it makes you look like an airhead.

Last edited by MinervaDoe; 01-17-2013 at 20:11..
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 23:45   #260
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
... You're a pneumocephelic!!! Sorry, I probably shouldn't use college words.
Possibly you were an honor student in High School, and possibly received a full ride scholarship to an Ivy League institution based on your proven academic prowess; however, I'm also thinking it's obvious you're not an English major.

-"pneumocephelic"- come again?
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 01-17-2013 at 23:59..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 23:55   #261
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinervaDoe View Post

You spelled it wrong. It's pneumocephalus. Maybe you're right about one thing. You shouldn't use college words, it makes you look like an airhead.
Awh, thx MD,

It is becoming more clear to me now.

I was thinking he might have been going after anencephalic, you know, comparing Ballisticism's IQ to Homer Simpson's, but his chosen prefix was the throwing me off. Air on the brain, I get it now.

One thing is for sure, MrT should be sure to first have all his "grammar ducks" in a row when trying to insult someone in prose.
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 01-17-2013 at 23:58..
Old 01-17-2013, 23:57   #262
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:

Here's a couple three conundrums based on your assertion.

US Naval Academy, US Air Force Academy, and West Point

Hmmmmmm...........