Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-17-2013, 15:55   #41
yoteseeker

It's all about power.As long as we have guns that can't control us as much as they would like to.
yoteseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 16:52   #42
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
It's not about guns.....It's about control.

Yes. Democrats want to control everyone else. Guns are incidental to control.
Why don't Republicans reveal what the Ds are up to?

How could you know something the Republican National Committee doesn't know?

Why didn't Glen Beck and Rush L. make a fortune in 2012 spinning the D takeover yarn? Why didn't Romney focus on the D "control plan" like a laser with facts, testimonials, documents, wire tapped conversations and every other shred of information his agents could produce?

Frankly, I don't think Progressive leaders are smart enough or ambitious enough to chase such a bold plan.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 01-17-2013 at 16:58..
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 16:55   #43
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockback View Post
I've known a lot of Democrats who just seem to have a visceral hatred for gun owners and, in some cases, the guns themselves. They look down their noses at gun owners as if we're all violent Neanderthals, which is part of their elitist, so-called "intellectual superiority".
and most of those take what the media spoon feeds them as gospel. an "assault weapon " is fully automatic, fires armor piercing bullets, and can't be seen by an x-ray machine.
Old 01-17-2013, 16:57   #44
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldendog Redux View Post
Democrats want guns because they believe without access to guns, people cannot kill one another. There is no reason to over think it or make it more dramatic than it really is.
i think they know better, but, being anti "evil gun/gun owner" lines the coffers for the next "election".

the rubes won't contribute without a bad guy to fight against.
Old 01-17-2013, 17:00   #45
Wake_jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteseeker View Post
It's all about power.As long as we have guns that can't control us as much as they would like to.
Bingo!

They are drunk with power... confiscating guns would be the ultimate high for them.
Wake_jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:52   #46
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake_jumper View Post
Bingo!

They are drunk with power... confiscating guns would be the ultimate high for them.
Isn't the source of power actually in the people who elect the anti-gun liberals? Schumer and Feinstein are prime examples of Senators that keep getting re-elected with a clear track record against firearms. Old Harry Reid, on the other hand, represents a pro-gun state so he swings our way on gun legislation.

Think about these examples and how their legislative behavior is reinforced by being re-elected term after term after term. These congressmen aren't free agents; they are accountable to constituents every election cycle.

When you say "...they are drunk with power..." you are saying they are drunk with power provided by their voters. To say they want to take our guns away translates to 'the people in New York and California support taking our guns away while Nevada residents say we have the right to keep them'.

If Feinstein's AWB passes, blame the people who put her in office!

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 01-18-2013 at 11:53..
Old 01-18-2013, 15:02   #47
fuzzy03cls

I think you need to live in a ban area to understand.
Having lived all my life in NYC & then moving & then only caring about a gun years after I moved....Kids are brainwashed from the public schools, K on up. Everything in NYC at least is anti gun. Guns are only for cops. This is the thinking in NYC. Why do I need a gun? I have the police. The crime rate is down, why do I need a gun? The population is so brainwashed with a lack of individual thinking that they vote for these people time & time again & don't have a clue outside their own area.
That's why you have all the anti gun people in the NE of the country. These laws & idea's they have had for decades. Generations & generations of kids that grow up & never move & the cycle just repeats.

And NY specifically look up the Sullivan law & then look up that person. Mob boss...Dumb down the population so there no resistance.

Last edited by fuzzy03cls; 01-18-2013 at 15:05..
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 15:38   #48
jeanderson
Platinum Membership
Toga!... Toga!

It's about responsibility. Democrats belive the state has a reponsibility to take care of every aspect of your life, including your protection.

God forbid should you have a gun and be able to protect your own life or that of your family. To the Democrats (the statists), that is the responsibility of the state.
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
- Rudyard Kipling, 1919

jeanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 15:40   #49
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
Why don't Republicans reveal what the Ds are up to?

How could you know something the Republican National Committee doesn't know?

Why didn't Glen Beck and Rush L. make a fortune in 2012 spinning the D takeover yarn? Why didn't Romney focus on the D "control plan" like a laser with facts, testimonials, documents, wire tapped conversations and every other shred of information his agents could produce?

Frankly, I don't think Progressive leaders are smart enough or ambitious enough to chase such a bold plan.
I read and I observe. I also form conclusions based on what I read and observe.

One result of this is that you are not worth responding to.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 15:50   #50
coachg

Economically dependent, distracted, poorly educated, and unarmed citizens are a lot easier to control. They are totally dependent on the state. Removing guns is a gradual process that will eventually ruin our country if it's allowed to happen.
coachg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 16:39   #51
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
I read and I observe. I also form conclusions based on what I read and observe.

One result of this is that you are not worth responding to.
Its difficult to respond to questions you don't have plausible answers to.

Your failure to respond is itself a very clear response.

I suspect you read and observe the sources that support your views, and information or questions that challenge those views are ignored, or laughed off as nonsense. You're not looking for a serious discussion, in my view.

Thanks for your non-response.
Old 01-18-2013, 16:57   #52
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Democrats want guns because they believe without access to guns, people cannot kill one another. There is no reason to over think it or make it more dramatic than it really is.
This seems far more plausible than theories that Democrats want to disarm us in order to control us.
Old 01-18-2013, 17:04   #53
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Q: Why haven't Republicans warned Americans of the insidious anti-gun/anti-freedom agenda of the American left?

A: They have for more than half a century. To wit:

The protestations of useless liberal trolls notwithstanding, of course.

When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 17:18   #54
Fred Hansen
Liberal Bane

Quote:
If that was even a tiny bit true, things like Operación Rápido y Furioso never would have been thought of, much less executed with ruthless zeal.
When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. - George Santayana
Fred Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 17:28   #55
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy03cls View Post
I think you need to live in a ban area to understand.
Having lived all my life in NYC & then moving & then only caring about a gun years after I moved....Kids are brainwashed from the public schools, K on up. Everything in NYC at least is anti gun. Guns are only for cops. This is the thinking in NYC. Why do I need a gun? I have the police. The crime rate is down, why do I need a gun? The population is so brainwashed with a lack of individual thinking that they vote for these people time & time again & don't have a clue outside their own area.
That's why you have all the anti gun people in the NE of the country. These laws & idea's they have had for decades. Generations & generations of kids that grow up & never move & the cycle just repeats.

And NY specifically look up the Sullivan law & then look up that person. Mob boss...Dumb down the population so there no resistance.
Your opinion is interesting, but I don't know enough about NY to agree or refute it. I know there are pockets of ignorance in every state, but to generalize that Democrat leaders have been able to "..,Dumb down the [New York] population so there is no resistance" sounds like an overstatement of Liberal leadership effectiveness.

Why do you suppose that NY citizens have a different opinion about guns than citizens in Texas and Arizona? Why haven't citizens in Mobile or New Orleans been brainwashed, I wonder. Can it be that a region's history and tradition with guns is the real driver for how today's citizens view gun ownership?
Old 01-18-2013, 18:20   #56
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hansen View Post
If that was even a tiny bit true, things like Operación Rápido y Furioso never would have been thought of, much less executed with ruthless zeal.
I don't follow your logic, Fred. The guns used in this operation were just traceable items the drug gangs really wanted for their 'business'. It wouldn't have made much sense to make garden tractors or refrigerators available to them.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 01-18-2013 at 19:45..
Old 01-18-2013, 18:35   #57
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
Your opinion is interesting, but I don't know enough about NY to agree or refute it. I know there are pockets of ignorance in every state, but to generalize that Democrat leaders have been able to "..,Dumb down the [New York] population so there is no resistance" sounds like an overstatement of Liberal leadership effectiveness.

Why do you suppose that NY citizens have a different opinion about guns than citizens in Texas and Arizona? Why haven't citizens in Mobile or New Orleans been brainwashed, I wonder. Can it be that a region's history and tradition with guns is the real driver for how today's citizens view gun ownership?
If you don't believe the vast majority in New Orleans have been brainwashed you need to come visit and talk to some. If you can beez understand dem.

Last night on the news they interviewed a couple that had a home invasion. The perps were armed with "A" crowbar. The couple gave them their money and their gun. Their gun? Yep! They handed over a gun to a guy with a crowbar. I guess you shouldn't bring a gun to crowbar fight.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 19:13   #58
fuzzy03cls

Quote:
Your opinion is interesting,
It's not an opinion.....I was out of NYC for 5 years before I ever fired a gun or ever thought I wanted one. Took that long to get my mind clear. Now the 2nd & the notion of self defense makes perfect sense to me. I was one of the people that though baning all guns would stop crime.
My friends in NYC... they all think I'm some crazy militia person. I kid you not. They can't fathom why I want to carry a gun.
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 20:08   #59
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy03cls View Post
It's not an opinion.....I was out of NYC for 5 years before I ever fired a gun or ever thought I wanted one. Took that long to get my mind clear. Now the 2nd & the notion of self defense makes perfect sense to me. I was one of the people that though baning all guns would stop crime.
My friends in NYC... they all think I'm some crazy militia person. I kid you not. They can't fathom why I want to carry a gun.
fuzzy - I appreciate the transition you went through, and I'm glad you discovered the fun and comforting experience of gun ownership.

I'm wondering if your experience growing up might have been quite different in upstate NY. If you agree, you might support the theory that citizen opinions about guns vary from one area of the country to another. Rural areas and cities in states with a rich tradition in family gun ownership, hunting and sport shooting tend to feel strongly about gun rights.

Giving Liberals credit for brainwashing people against guns is probably giving them way too much credit.
Old 01-18-2013, 20:17   #60
PhotoFeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
If you don't believe the vast majority in New Orleans have been brainwashed you need to come visit and talk to some. If you can beez understand dem.

Last night on the news they interviewed a couple that had a home invasion. The perps were armed with "A" crowbar. The couple gave them their money and their gun. Their gun? Yep! They handed over a gun to a guy with a crowbar. I guess you shouldn't bring a gun to crowbar fight.
As you well know, one example does not make a case for the whole city. I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that New Orleans citizens, generally, would be strong gun advocates. My opinion was based on that city's survival spirit and it's history, and the state's history, over decades of leadership by strong willed individualists.

Let me know if I'm wrong about this great city.