Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-08-2012, 20:36   #41
jeffshead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
Mod C from cdmgear.com + surefire G2 or fury
Thanks but that's not in the same price range. The CDM mount alone costs more than the Lumaforce light & mount.
jeffshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:24   #42
mjkeat

I just do not understand the two discusions going on here.

One is a back and forth about weapon mounted lights. We have a firearms instructor saying that weapon mounted lights are only relevant for LEO/Mil. It's nice to know how to use a handheld light in conjunction w/ a firearm. There just isn't a reason not to mount one to the weapon. Why tie up a hand if you don't need to. It makes everything (reloads, malfunction clearing) much more difficult. Especially on a long gun.

Learn to use it properly, momentary on/off, etc...

I am curious as to how the instructor would recommend using a handheld light while running a long gun.

The second is that I'll never understand people throwing cheap junk on their defensive weapons. It blows my mind.
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:05   #43
jb1911

You want the L&M light mount:

Tactical Shotguns

Tactical Shotguns

Tactical Shotguns

Absolutely stays put and it only clamps to the mag tube. I didn't like any of the mounts that attach to the mag tube and the barrel because every time I wanted to take the barrel off I had to get the allen pack out and take the light mount off first.

Black Rifle Club Member "LE6920Colt"
jb1911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:25   #44
JBL13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMurphy View Post
Having spent a lot of time in the dark pointing weapons at people with and without a weaponlight..... hopefully, you'll never find out the hard way how wrong you are.
Safe, effective use of a weapon-mounted light is simply a training issue, no?
JBL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 13:40   #45
vafish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMurphy View Post
Having spent a lot of time in the dark pointing weapons at people with and without a weaponlight..... hopefully, you'll never find out the hard way how wrong you are.
Inside my home, just not needed. There is plenty of light at night. I get up in the middle of the night every now and then and can walk around just fine without bumping into things. I know my house and were the furniture is. There are lots of light sources from the LED's in various appliances, stereo, cable box, battery chargers, ect....

I can walk around without making noise, but I bet an intruder can't. My home isn't that big and there are a couple of nice choke points. I will know where an intruder is before they know where I am.

That and I have 2 K9-A1 intruder detection systems. I don't need to see an intruder, I just need to aim above the barking noises.

I do have night sights on my carry gun and shotgun.

Now outside the home, in strange locations I can see the usefulness of a light. I don't have a weapon attached one, but I do carry a light.
educate children." -- Confucius

Last edited by vafish; 12-09-2012 at 13:41..
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 19:35   #46
jeffshead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1911 View Post
You want the L&M light mount... didn't like any of the mounts that attach to the mag tube and the barrel...
That's why I don't like the CDM MOD-C mount plus I feel it is over priced. I learned the hard way, long ago, that you usually get what you pay for but most importantly... more expensive does not always mean better.

Thanks jb1911 for your post! I ordered the L&M mount for $25.

I've read nothing but good reviews of the Lumaforce light and I own a few high quality knock offs and all of them are brighter, look, feel and perform just as well as my Surefire but they are a heck of a lot cheaper.

In a week or so, I'll dump several high pressure loads through the gun and report back on how the Lumaforce light and L&M mount hold up.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:46   #47
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

You must positively ID a threat. Every single time.

Several guys thinking like you ended up shooting their wives or kids because they didn't think they needed a light.

A pastor I knew once almost shot his then-girlfriend in a similar incident.

The areas I used to conduct operations in on active duty I trained in, every day. Repeatedly, while on duty. Sometimes up to 15 times a day we'd run dry-runs. I could literally walk the place blindfolded pretty much and know where I was.

Still used a light. Every time. Even though our rules of engagement were far, far looser than yours.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:52   #48
SCSU74
St. Cloud Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffshead View Post
That's why I don't like the CDM MOD-C mount plus I feel it is over priced. I learned the hard way, long ago, that you usually get what you pay for but most importantly... more expensive does not always mean better.

Thanks jb1911 for your post! I ordered the L&M mount for $25.

I've read nothing but good reviews of the Lumaforce light and I own a few high quality knock offs and all of them are brighter, look, feel and perform just as well as my Surefire but they are a heck of a lot cheaper.

In a week or so, I'll dump several high pressure loads through the gun and report back on how the Lumaforce light and L&M mount hold up.
Buy once, cry once. I usually avoid the cheap route and finding "just as good" products, especially with firearm/work gear. I rarely if ever take the barrel off my work 870. The cdm mount has been solid with no complaints. For $40 it does what it's supposed to.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by SCSU74; 12-12-2012 at 09:53..
SCSU74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:48   #49
jeffshead

Last night, I put the LumaForce light and the L&M Single Ring mount through the paces. After installing the mount and light, it's rock solid. You can't twist or move either with your hand. I shot 25 3" magnum slugs/buckshot without so much as a hiccup. Shoulder's a little tender though.

I'm very happy with my $75 investment and highly recommend this combo.

Thanks again jb1911 for recommending the L&M mount.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:58   #50
smokin762

I would just change out the forearm with one that has rails.

I have the OEM forearm with rails on my Mossberg 590 A1. It works very well. They are not too expensive either.

Tactical Shotguns

Last edited by smokin762; 12-15-2012 at 08:59..
smokin762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:35   #51
jeffshead

Please take no offense but that forearm mount sticks out too far for my taste and it eats up a ton of hand space.
Tactical Shotguns

Compare:
Tactical Shotguns

To each his own... It's all good

Last edited by jeffshead; 12-15-2012 at 10:38..
Old 12-15-2012, 18:52   #52
jb1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffshead View Post
Last night, I put the LumaForce light and the L&M Single Ring mount through the paces. After installing the mount and light, it's rock solid. You can't twist or move either with your hand. I shot 25 3" magnum slugs/buckshot without so much as a hiccup. Shoulder's a little tender though.

I'm very happy with my $75 investment and highly recommend this combo.

Thanks again jb1911 for recommending the L&M mount.
Glad to help. I don't know why more people don't use this mount.

Black Rifle Club Member "LE6920Colt"
jb1911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 14:46   #53
jeffshead

Someone asked...
Tactical Shotguns

The mount measures 23/32" thick. Just a hair under 3/4".