GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 18:35   #21
Ghost Rider55
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 40
Unfortunately, when it comes to politicians, I don't think that there is any difference between Democrats and Republicans anymore.... I used to be a republican all my life ( I am 58 years old) and finally got fed up and registered as a independent now. I have sent my "representatives" a letter and informed that when the Republican Party shows me that they are true Republicans and Conservatives, I will gladly switch back but as right now I will not send any more money to anyone that willing to stand up for our country, Constitution and for what the Republican Party used to stand for. Just my two cents!
Ghost Rider55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 18:45   #22
damnyankee20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 180
PhotoFeller,

The Democratic Party of Jefferson & Madison thru Kennedy has been hijacked by the far left progressives beginning with LBJ who believe in a nanny state and do not believe in Individualism. I think there may be an exception with Jimmy Carter as he is a deeply religious man and agreed with Jefferson/Madison philosophies.

These far lefters lean communist more than our traditional party philosophies and they certainly do not have ANYTHING in common with the far left philosophies of Thomas Jefferson & James Madison (for the little hard working little guy, small & limited government, minimal taxes, government power concentrated at local/state levels so the little guys have more power to affect changes, etc).

Today, Jefferson & Madison would be considered Republicans, which is rather shocking.
damnyankee20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 18:48   #23
ALLVOL
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by damnyankee20 View Post
PhotoFeller,

The Democratic Party of Jefferson & Madison thru Kennedy has been hijacked by the far left progressives beginning with LBJ who believe in a nanny state and do not believe in Individualism. I think there may be an exception with Jimmy Carter as he is a deeply religious man and agreed with Jefferson/Madison philosophies.

These far lefters lean communist more than our traditional party philosophies and they certainly do not have ANYTHING in common with the far left philosophies of Thomas Jefferson & James Madison (for the little hard working little guy, small & limited government, minimal taxes, government power concentrated at local/state levels so the little guys have more power to affect changes, etc).

Today, Jefferson & Madison would be considered Republicans, which is rather shocking.

Our founding fathers would weep if they could see what we have done with our country. They handed us the greatest govt of all time and we have wasted it.
ALLVOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 18:59   #24
Jerry
Moderator
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 8,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
Benji- The Communist bullet points are interesting, but its impossible for me to believe that Obama, Reid and Pelosi are intentionally headed towards dismantling our political and economic systems. Major foreign leaders would be all over that scheme because the world depends on our markets, our currency, our military might for peace, our powerful example of democratic government. Many don't like us, but they depend on us.
Three little words. One World Order. Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Clintons, Bush Sr. on and on consider themselves part of the elite in the Order.
__________________
Jerry
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 19:16   #25
Ghost Rider55
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 40
I look at what is going on today with our country and I just want to cry. Not for me because I will be able to get by for the time that I have left on this earth. I feel so bad for any kid growing up in today's environment and not having the rights that we, the older ones once had...... Mr Reagan, please look down and see what happen to our country. Help please. The same goes for our forefathers!
Ghost Rider55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 19:19   #26
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 21,314
a man with a gun can only be made to do so much, a man without a gun can be made to do whatever the government wants him to.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 19:34   #27
GRIMLET
Deceased
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Three little words. One World Order. Obama, Reid, Pelosi, Clintons, Bush Sr. on and on consider themselves part of the elite in the Order.
The Bilderberg group?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
GRIMLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 20:04   #28
Ghost Rider55
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 40
The people that control the guns and firearms control the masses......when the government will control all the guns, then they will control the population of our country. Hopefully I will be deadly then!
Ghost Rider55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 20:05   #29
Gunnut 45/454
Senior Member
 
Gunnut 45/454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,046
PhotoFeller
So where have you been for the last 20 years? All this started with Clinton- remember he wanted Obamacare-(Called Hillary Care back then). He forced the first AWB through. And they been at it ever since! Really the main assault on guns started in the Carter years. The Progressive movement was pretty much in the closet working behind the scene until the Usuper was elected in 2008! Since they were able to totally subvert the COTUS by electing the NON citizen they felt they were in total control and are now fully out of the closet and pushing for total take over and subversion of the COTUS. To acheive this goal they have to disarm the citizens, cause we are the last check to there take over!
__________________
Gunnut45/454-One shot one kill!
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 20:10   #30
Ghost Rider55
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
PhotoFeller
So where have you been for the last 20 years? All this started with Clinton- remember he wanted Obamacare-(Called Hillary Care back then). He forced the first AWB through. And they been at it ever since! Really the main assault on guns started in the Carter years. The Progressive movement was pretty much in the closet working behind the scene until the Usuper was elected in 2008! Since they were able to totally subvert the COTUS by electing the NON citizen they felt they were in total control and are now fully out of the closet and pushing for total take over and subversion of the COTUS. To acheive this goal they have to disarm the citizens, cause we are the last check to there take over!
Been here all these years........ Watching everything going down the crapper every day. Arguing with idiots and getting no where. Unfortunately they are united and we are not.......... Right now it seems that they are winning and we are loosing horribly. I hope the God that I am wrong.
Ghost Rider55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 20:19   #31
BenjiEDF
Senior Member
 
BenjiEDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFeller View Post
Benji- The Communist bullet points are interesting, but its impossible for me to believe that Obama, Reid and Pelosi are intentionally headed towards dismantling our political and economic systems. Major foreign leaders would be all over that scheme because the world depends on our markets, our currency, our military might for peace, our powerful example of democratic government. Many don't like us, but they depend on us.
It is very true that the entire world depends on the U.S. Dollar and the strength of our economy and military power. Both of these things are unsustainable at the rate we as a country are going. The U.S. Dollar is losing its value and our national debt is out of control.

The key evidence for me though is not any conspiracy in what current politicians are doing (although that is worth looking at). I am a senior college student and the University is teaching that capitalism has failed, and that communism is "worth revisting." There is no difference between a Communist party news article from the 1970's than the "current" textbooks of todays classrooms and lectures. Individualism is taught to be outdated and unfair, Communalistic thinking and "the greater good" is an absolute religion. This is real, perhaps the severity of what I'm saying is overestimated however, IT DOES EXIST and it CANNOT BE IGNORED.
__________________
"There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it." ~Ron Paul

"Life is good" ~Hickok45
BenjiEDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:16   #32
PhotoFeller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Midwest and south
Posts: 2,746
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiEDF View Post
It is very true that the entire world depends on the U.S. Dollar and the strength of our economy and military power. Both of these things are unsustainable at the rate we as a country are going. The U.S. Dollar is losing its value and our national debt is out of control.

The key evidence for me though is not any conspiracy in what current politicians are doing (although that is worth looking at). I am a senior college student and the University is teaching that capitalism has failed, and that communism is "worth revisting." There is no difference between a Communist party news article from the 1970's than the "current" textbooks of todays classrooms and lectures. Individualism is taught to be outdated and unfair, Communalistic thinking and "the greater good" is an absolute religion. This is real, perhaps the severity of what I'm saying is overestimated however, IT DOES EXIST and it CANNOT BE IGNORED.
Benji- I can believe that some intellectuals are thinking and authoring books about 'new world order' political and economic philosophy. What I can't believe is that main stream Democrats are buying into those ideas.

Imagine Obama and his cabinet members meeting with Democrat leaders in Congress at a retreat to discuss legislative strategy for O's second term. Will they be talking about the national debt, government spending cuts, immigration and creating jobs, or would the agenda be about crafting a plan to guide the USA towards socialism?

While Democrats are misguided in wanting more and more entitlement programs for the poor and the middle class, I don't believe in my heart they want the USA to fall from world prominence or to drift towards a socialist state. I don't believe Progressive leaders think Communism is a laudable goal, even in their darkest mental state.

Roots of the gun control issue, it seems to me, must date back to a place in history when something motivated the D party to embrace the issue as a way of distinguishing itself from Rs. Was there such a time when Democrats first started pushing for tougher gun regulation? Was it before JFK's death?

The 1994 AWB was a Clinton initiative, but it was endorsed by Reagan and some other prominent Conservatives. If Progressives were working "in the closet" prior to 1994, why were they crafting anti-gun strategy? Was it, as others have suggested, to set us up for government domination? Was Clinton an architect of the AWB strategy or a pawn of outside influences?

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 01-18-2013 at 11:04..
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:50   #33
fuzzy03cls
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,744
Photo....I have the same questions as to why. And you'll never get a real answer.
If you believe the Bible & end of the world stuff, look up end time ministries. The guy that runs it basically spells out how the US is working towards a 1 world gov.
Real or not, I don't know but he does give eye opening insights on everything the US gov has been up to since early 1900's.
fuzzy03cls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:10   #34
Brucev
Senior Member
 
Brucev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 9,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
Constitution vs Manifesto. Simple
Exactly correct. Nothing more needs to be said.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:15   #35
Gunnut 45/454
Senior Member
 
Gunnut 45/454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 14,046
PhotoFeller
Bill, Billary, Obamamoa all cut from the same cloth! All have background in Radical thinking do your own resaerch. They all come from the radical 60-70's movemment. All had have devote Communist teachers in there backgrounds. Obamamoa from his Grand parents, Mom and just about every Porf in college to his preacher!

Have you been in a hole for the last 20 years or are you just trying to justify your vote for the USUPER?
__________________
Gunnut45/454-One shot one kill!
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:17   #36
PhotoFeller
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Midwest and south
Posts: 2,746
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
PhotoFeller
Bill, Billary, Obamamoa all cut from the same cloth! All have background in Radical thinking do your own resaerch. They all come from the radical 60-70's movemment. All had have devote Communist teachers in there backgrounds. Obamamoa from his Grand parents, Mom and just about every Porf in college to his preacher!

Have you been in a hole for the last 20 years or are you just trying to justify your vote for the USUPER?
Gunnut, you misread me. I'm a real Republican with a bias for 'practical' politics.

I'm just not willing to accept mysterious explanations about the Democrat party's determination to load on more gun control; the "manifesto" explanation, for example, seems pretty far fetched. I don't buy the notion Progressives want communism, or even socialism, as the end game.

I could be convinced far-left Ds want significant income redistribution to the extent that wealth accumulation becomes ever more difficult. However, a desire to level the economic playing field doesn't line up with a desire to take our guns away.

So, I'm still looking for a plausible answer to the OP. The absence of Republican commentary about gun control being a step towards Democrat domination, a new world order or any other secret scheme leaves me looking for a less ominous explanation. Somebody must have an answer. Maybe, as someone suggested in another thread, Ds genuinely think we pose a serious threat to public safety with all of these guns in our possession.

Last edited by PhotoFeller; 01-17-2013 at 17:04..
PhotoFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:35   #37
Berto
woo woo
 
Berto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: WA
Posts: 29,657


Photofeller, sometimes the truth can be hidden in the open.
People see it and acknowledge it as real, but hesitate to point it out for fear of being ostracized.
Or it's simple denial, dismissed as being a social trend, pendulum swing, whatever.
IMO it really does amount to collectivism vs the individual. We can argue the degree or debate who's guilty, but we're getting more populated, more dependant on handouts and the successful are being villanized while the poor are martyred as victims of greed.
Guns are a bastion of frontier individualism, not compatible with collectivist thinking if you're at the top of that food chain.
__________________
I had the money till they made me pay
Then I had the sense to be on my way
I had to stay in the underground
I was in the house when the house burned down.
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:01   #38
somebodybuymeaglock
Senior Member
 
somebodybuymeaglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Posts: 360
Why? Take the guns away so criminals take over. Then people will beg for expanded government and police state.
I have a gut feeling many people at the top like gun grabbing totalitarians. I dont mean only people who identify as Libs.

Just a hunch.
somebodybuymeaglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:12   #39
Goldendog Redux
Shut your mouth
 
Goldendog Redux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nevada
Posts: 6,093
Democrats want guns because they believe without access to guns, people cannot kill one another. There is no reason to over think it or make it more dramatic than it really is.
__________________
In Omnia Paratus
Goldendog Redux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:16   #40
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA
 
janice6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 18,710


It's not about guns.....It's about control.

Yes. Democrats want to control everyone else. Guns are incidental to control.
__________________
janice6

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:43.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 804
192 Members
612 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42