Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:13   #1
Mountainview

Wiggy's Sleeping Bags

A few S&P authors (JR & some at Prepper Press) have recommended Wiggy's. After looking at how heavy they are I'm wondering why? I need cold weather bags and before I purchase one I wanted to make sure they were the kind to buy.

The fact they zipper together into an Adam and Eve setup is a huge selling point for me, along with the sleep system with the two bags. I also want something durable that can get wet, so I like they aren't down. They also aren't bright colors like you would find at REI. The only thing keeping me is how much room they would take up in my pack camping or in my BOB.
Mountainview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:20   #2
actionshooter10
CLM Number 19
Charter Lifetime Member

The Wiggies are GREAT bags.

The drawbacks are as you stated. Not a backpack bag.

I prefer the military sleep system as I can customize it to weather and I LOVE the goretex bivy cover.

They can be had online for very reasonable prices.
"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington
First President of the United States
actionshooter10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:24   #3
Mountainview

I wonder why JR and others suggest them for S&P when they can't be carried easily?

Anyway, do the military bags zip together? My wife is letting me spend the money on anything I want with the stipulation her bag comes with a free heater (meaning her feet on my back).

Last edited by Mountainview; 01-15-2013 at 12:28..
Old 01-15-2013, 12:37   #4
kirgi08
Silver Membership
Watcher.

I prefer military mummies.Adapt ta meet your % ranges.'08.

If you look like food,You will be eaten.

Rip Chad.You will be missed.
kirgi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 21:05   #5
Mountainview

Can the military bags be zipped together? I'm guessing they can't since they are a mummy bag. Still probably worth getting. Maybe I'll just get the Wiggy's zero degree bag and use the FTSS money for two military bags. Best of both worlds?
Old 01-15-2013, 21:14   #6
Mountainview

How can you tell which sleep systems are genuine and not a knock off on Ebay?

Are any of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Modular-Slee...item2579238cf0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-IN-BAG-M...item27cec12963

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Genuine-...item4d089b4a76

Is there a better site?

Last edited by Mountainview; 01-15-2013 at 21:19..
Old 01-15-2013, 23:11   #7
20South

I have one. Its huge and heavy. When I go into the woods, its a lightweight Mountain Hardware I tote.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:38   #8
bdcochran

different response

I am not a backpacker or Grizzly Adams.

I have a Wiggy. Love it. Had a GI one and gave to the kid across the street who is a boy scout.

I love my comfort.
bdcochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 19:48   #9
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

I have a Wiggy's bag and have used it for the last 5 years. Its the best sleeping bag I've used and I literally have spent years in sleeping bags. I've spent more nights in a military sleeping bag than any other combined by a long shot. The Wiggy's bag has a military sleep system beat on all fronts. I won't go into it. Just my personal observations.

Go to Wiggy's website and watch the videos. You can believe them or not but I've found EVERYTHING the man puts out to be true to the letter.

I love that I can wash my bag in a washing machine. I love how it works in wet weather. I have NEVER been cold in it even when the temps are in the low single digits and I have the intermediate bag.

A sleeping bag can save your life or cost you your life. Weight matters to a degree. But a sleeping bag should not be judged on weight alone.

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 21:43   #10
Mountainview

For those who own a Wiggy's which did you go with? I'm looking at the Super Light and Ultima Thule.

Is the FTRSS necessary with either?

Random question, but I just saw their new TV blanket and wondered if anyone liked it? Is it the same materials as the bag? I'm wondering if that could be useful around the house or in conjunction with a sleeping bag in place of the FTRSS in some instances.

Last edited by Mountainview; 01-16-2013 at 21:44..
Old 01-17-2013, 13:05   #11
Lone Kimono

I was looking at the Super Light bags with the sleep system. If I buy one that's the one I'm getting.

Last edited by Lone Kimono; 01-19-2013 at 19:26..
Lone Kimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 14:04   #12
UneasyRider
C.D.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
I prefer military mummies.Adapt ta meet your % ranges.'08.
I always had dreams about snakes in those things! My legs would fall asleep and my brain would have me dancing in a field full of snakes to get the blood flowing. I would wake up sweating big time.

Don't need a bag here in Florida very often but you sure need to keep the bugs off when your sleeping. I like a nice tent with the rainfly lifted.
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 20:23   #13
Big Bird
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainview View Post
For those who own a Wiggy's which did you go with? I'm looking at the Super Light and Ultima Thule.

Is the FTRSS necessary with either?

Random question, but I just saw their new TV blanket and wondered if anyone liked it? Is it the same materials as the bag? I'm wondering if that could be useful around the house or in conjunction with a sleeping bag in place of the FTRSS in some instances.

I have the super light which is actually a little too warm here in KY for 3 seasons. In the winter its just right. We rarely have sub-zero temps here. I almost always have my Army poncho liner with me and if I need an extra 10-15 degrees I can use the poncho liner inside the bag. But I have only done that once on an exceptionally cold deer hunt and it got too hot and I started to sweat so I tossed the poncho liner in short order and was very comfortable without it. Wiggy's bag ratings are spot on which is NOT something I can say about other manufacturers. You'll be impressed with the construction, the heavy duty zipper...and the insulation works exactly as described. Plus they want you to wash it in the machine...the more you clean it the better!

“Est Nulla Via Invia Virute”
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 22:23   #14
Mountainview

I'm with you and am wondering if I can get by with just the Super Light and a poncho liner. The Ultima would probably be too warm except in the coldest of temperatures.

Last edited by Mountainview; 01-17-2013 at 22:26..
Old 02-04-2013, 19:23   #15
Mountainview

Has anyone ever heard of Snugpak? I was just on Midway and found a liner they make, but it doesn't give much information.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/272...lon?cm_vc=U112