Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-15-2013, 15:33   #21
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
Personally, I am waiting to see if Magpul is going to introduce there new stocks for Mossbergs at the shot show, the ones they did for the 870 look rather promising.
Just checked Magpul's website, the SGA stock is now listed for Mossberg shotguns!!!, just in time for the SHOT show.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 18:52   #22
plouffedaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
Just checked Magpul's website, the SGA stock is now listed for Mossberg shotguns!!!, just in time for the SHOT show.
They've got pics up on their facebook page as well...

Certified Glock Armorer
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 19:02   #23
The Fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman99 View Post
Manual safeties are made for people who don't know enough to keep their finger OFF of the trigger 'till READY to shoot.
Finally, someone who also knows how to handle a gun. I should have asked the others if they waded through the rice paddies with their safeties on.
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 19:05   #24
Gbannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by plouffedaddy View Post
They've got pics up on their facebook page as well...
Just checked their site. Think i'm going to wait until it's available. Looks all business...
Gbannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 20:38   #25
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
Depends what kind of training. LEO? Probably safety on. Mil? No way in hell you walk into danger with the safety on, target identified or not.

Depends on the unit and depends on just how trained.

AR safeties make it very easy to go off target, on safe.

I've had unit level trainers preach 'my finger is my safety' quite a few times. Also had a kid put a round in his own knee.

Safeties have a place, and they're not hard to use.

Kyle Lamb, Larry Vickers, and quite a few others would bang this into your head.

Pump shotguns carried chamber empty are the only time I'd differ, because it's chamber empty. Soon as the chamber's loaded and you're off target...... safe that piece.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 22:09   #26
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

We took down an armed robber last night and I was the first marked unit on the scene. I pulled the shotgun out of the rack and the investigators were pulling this guy out of the car. I put one in the tube but do you think for a moment in a highly charged situation like that, with my guys in such close proximity that I am going to just rely on my finger, heck no. I kept it safe, my thumb on the safety, using good trigger finger discipline. Safety is really important, it keeps the wrong people from getting hurt, and keeps the people who need to get hurt from getting that way unless they really need it.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote