Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-15-2013, 13:17   #276
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Is there just a wee bit of difference between there and here?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2
Yes - the people here have a great deal more education, resources, military training and experience, weapons, and connections to foreign support, than any group of insurgents the U.S. has ever fought.

Last edited by Bren; 01-15-2013 at 13:18..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 13:20   #277
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Afghanistan terrain...

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 13:22   #278
Thornhammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
It's Tuesday, the panic is over? Where can I buy some ammo?
Please stand by. Due to technical difficulties, the end-of-panic scheduled for today has been postponed until tomorrow at 12:00 PM Eastern (11:00 AM CST).

Please resume standard panic until then. Thank you.
Thornhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 13:25   #279
Palouse
Lifetime Membership
The Resistance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
You are correct. However, in the absence of a credible movement and/or major event, people will never take physical action, regardless of what happens to the government, economy, freedom, safety, etc.
And that's how the frog gets cooked. No one know where the tipping point is, even if one exists.
Old 01-15-2013, 13:32   #280
Antipaladin

Did you know "Teok" is Dwarvish for "Cave Troll"?

The Okie Corral

Last edited by Antipaladin; 01-15-2013 at 13:36..
Antipaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 13:49   #281
Bacchus99

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorper View Post
The mental health issue is going to be bantered about a lot. Look for these issues to be integrated into future background checks. (ie. If you have ever been diagnosed with certain conditions, and possibly even the medications you are on).
This. They could easily label 70% of the population mentally unstable to own a gun. Everyone these days are on anxiety, depression or sleep meds it seems. Depends how far they want to take it.
Bacchus99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 14:14   #282
GAFinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
On the one hand determined people living in caves have had some success in not faling to our military, although they do have the home field advantage.
When we look at 800000 households versus 700000 officers the odds look very good. But I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that next Tuesday when the confiscation starts the police may use more than one or two officers and not go to all the residences in question simultaneously. They might even not knock first.
If they came to a guy's door, there would only be two choices - turn in his guns or die. There isn't an in-between. If someone decided to resist a gun grab, the intent wouldn't be to try to defeat an entire squad of SWAT team/military members but to slow them down by taking a couple of them with him and give his neighbors a chance of not facing the same fate. This is something the left just doesn't understand - people who truly believe in an afterlife don't fear death (if they've mentally prepared themselves) and realize that how they die can be more important than when they die.
Old 01-15-2013, 14:31   #283
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBO View Post
Afghanistan terrain...
Is nothing compared to American terrain. In fact, terrain would favor American insurgents more than any other factor I named. Much of America would be more comparable to Vietnam. Have you seen Afghanistan?

Try hiding an Army in this (which, by the way, would qualify as one of the 2 or 3 greenest places I've seen in Afghanistan):
The Okie Corral

In contrast, go to Eastern Kentucky, where we grow most of America's marijuana, because there is so much concealment and it is so hard for the police to get to it. You could hide a very large Army there and not be seen from the air.

Afghanistan would give a much greater advantage to the conventional Army, with air power and heavy vehicles and large troop movements, than the U.S.

Last edited by Bren; 01-15-2013 at 14:34..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 15:14   #284
spcwes

Quote:
Is nothing compared to American terrain. In fact, terrain would favor American insurgents more than any other factor I named. Much of America would be more comparable to Vietnam. Have you seen Afghanistan?

Try hiding an Army in this (which, by the way, would qualify as one of the 2 or 3 greenest places I've seen in Afghanistan):
The Okie Corral

In contrast, go to Eastern Kentucky, where we grow most of America's marijuana, because there is so much concealment and it is so hard for the police to get to it. You could hide a very large Army there and not be seen from the air.

Afghanistan would give a much greater advantage to the conventional Army, with air power and heavy vehicles and large troop movements, than the U.S.
And as stated above without a brainwash or the proper propaganda in place there is a good chance we would have a full on military clash as well. Soldiers and believe it or not most cops I know are citizens as well and love their guns.

I do not know a cop personally that would take a law abiding citizens firearm, not a single one. But hey all cops are a tool that will be used to confiscate your guns, we will haz your bases to.
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American perception that each individual is accountable for his/her actions." -Ronald Reagan-
spcwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 15:56   #285
iDivideByZero
Padawan

Quote:
...Have you seen Afghanistan?

The Okie Corral
I realize you're kind of making a joke here, but in all seriousness the terrain in Afghanistan is very similar to California. There are areas that have a lot of vegetation, and it is absolute hell to patrol through there when you can't see further than 30 ft in front of you. I'm on vacation right now and don't have access to any of photos from deployments there, but I found this on the internet pretty quickly:

The Okie Corral

Some areas are without any sort of vegetation, and then others look like the image above. Regardless, the terrain and weather are some of your worst enemies in an area like Afghanistan. No disrespect (sometimes things are misconstrued on GT lol), but have you ever been there before?
Old 01-15-2013, 16:05   #286
Paul7
New Guy

Amidst all of Obama's crazy talk, it is nice to know there are 288 members of Congress with an A rating from the NRA. That's over half, people, even though the loudmouth Feinsteins and Schumers get all the publicity from the MSM.

Last edited by Paul7; 01-15-2013 at 16:06..
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 16:52   #287
Electrikkoolaid
Grape flavored!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
But look at Afghanistan and remember the trouble that we as well as the Russians have had and you see what would lie in store in the citizens revolted in the US. It would be an unending situation for the military.
The people in Afghanistan are tough Mo-Fos with a homeland to defend from centuries of invaders.

The people in this country, even the internet commandos, by and large wet their pants when their iPhone can't get 4G internet service.
Old 01-15-2013, 16:58   #288
RoyHinkley
Bonafide User

Quote:
Originally Posted by holesinpaper View Post
But that's LA, not America!
RoyHinkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 17:06   #289
Electrikkoolaid
Grape flavored!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcwes View Post
I do not know a cop personally that would take a law abiding citizens firearm, not a single one. But hey all cops are a tool that will be used to confiscate your guns, we will haz your bases to.
The past decade has been spent militarizing the police and programming them into an "us vs. them" mentality via the "War on Terror" and the "War on Drugs".

With the Patriot Act, we haven't had civil rights since Bush.

Look at the TSA guys that grab your junk for "safety". Put a gun and a SWAT costume on the same drone, and gee it looks like Germany in the 1930s all over again.

---

FWIW: Amazing how the same NY legislature that can NEVER turn in a state budget on time has the gun stuff signed, sealed and delivered in 30 days. This is the crisis "Fast and Furious" was supposed to be, and was blatantly planned long before this "precipitating event".
Old 01-15-2013, 17:22   #290
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

The Okie Corral
Old 01-15-2013, 17:26   #291
packinaglock
John 3:16 <><

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAFinch View Post
If they came to a guy's door, there would only be two choices - turn in his guns or die. There isn't an in-between. If someone decided to resist a gun grab, the intent wouldn't be to try to defeat an entire squad of SWAT team/military members but to slow them down by taking a couple of them with him and give his neighbors a chance of not facing the same fate. This is something the left just doesn't understand - people who truly believe in an afterlife don't fear death (if they've mentally prepared themselves) and realize that how they die can be more important than when they die.
Exactly, we all die at some point there is no other way out. So you can either die for something you believe in or in shame for having no backbone.
Old 01-15-2013, 17:31   #292
spcwes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikkoolaid View Post
The past decade has been spent militarizing the police and programming them into an "us vs. them" mentality via the "War on Terror" and the "War on Drugs".

Look at the TSA guys that grab your junk for "safety". Put a gun and a SWAT costume on the same drone, and gee it looks like Germany in the 1930s all over again.
So I guess maybe I am not seeing this programming at a municipality level or county level. I am not sure what you are talking about as a veteran police officer. We arm ourselves the best we can yes, we are not being programmed to do a damn thing.

In our state as I would guess is the same in most we have one mandatory class required and it has to do with racial equality in traffic encounters which the state and federal gov tracks and audits.

The rest of our training (and trust me I am in the loop) is mostly suggestive or requested by officers. Can you fill us in on our programming so I can be on the same playing field as you?
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American perception that each individual is accountable for his/her actions." -Ronald Reagan-
spcwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 17:46   #293
jetflier1989

Quote:
Quote:

---

FWIW: Amazing how the same NY legislature that can NEVER turn in a state budget on time has the gun stuff signed, sealed and delivered in 30 days. This is the crisis "Fast and Furious" was supposed to be, and was blatantly planned long before this "precipitating event".
Our dept has a few guys who believe in "only the cops should have the bigger gun theory" but the majority are not part of the problem. Trust me.. today at the PD the "gun guys" were concerned with the NY law. No gun enthusiast I know wants more restrictions geared towards the good gun owners!
jetflier1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 17:49   #294
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Are the lizard people leading this training?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
Old 01-15-2013, 17:53   #295
Bruce M

Quote:

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcwes View Post
So I guess maybe I am not seeing this programming at a municipality level or county level. ...

.... Can you fill us in on our programming so I can be on the same playing field as you?

Great question. But I am not holding my breath...
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 18:24   #296
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul7 View Post
Amidst all of Obama's crazy talk, it is nice to know there are 288 members of Congress with an A rating from the NRA. That's over half, people, even though the loudmouth Feinsteins and Schumers get all the publicity from the MSM.
Thanks for the info.

There are likely many more who won't support this attack on liberty.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 18:27   #297
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Sure ended today for folks in New York, didn't it?
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 18:29   #298
3rdgen40
.45 fanatic

Sooo,when do they come kick in our doors and take our guns away from us ?
3rdgen40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 18:29   #299
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornhammer View Post
Please stand by. Due to technical difficulties, the end-of-panic scheduled for today has been postponed until tomorrow at 12:00 PM Eastern (11:00 AM CST).

Please resume standard panic until then. Thank you.
Sue me, I'm 12 hours late.

That being said, tomorrow you will see the most despicable display ever seen by a President. Using kids as props to stage an all out assault on our liberty is sickening.

I still say he's posturing. The Congress won't follow his agenda.

Folks, we are bearing witness to an unbelievable event in our history.
Old 01-15-2013, 18:31   #300
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
Sure ended today for folks in New York, didn't it?
New York is not Alabama.

That dog won't hunt in Dixie.

It also won't hunt in our neighboring States, Texas, and the great States of Montana and Wyoming.