GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:48   #76
Delcorbett

Doesn't the military use military style semi auto pistols, and don't military style semi auto pistols have a pistol grip? And can accept detachable magazines? Are they now assault weapons?

Sent from my LG-MS770
Delcorbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:49   #77
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
I Doubt you'll see "NY magazines", way too few NY pistol permit holders to justify that, I suspect it's also a number that will be shrinking significantly. Small single stack semis, 1911s and revolvers are the only choice and some pump shotguns. Pretty sad, I'm truly embarrassed to have been born and raised there.
That was actually a bit of satire. I don't think there will be "NY Mags" either, for the exact reason you mentioned.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:49   #78
Agent6-3/8

Wow...

Get ready boys this short of BS maybe coming for all of us on the federal level.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2013, 07:49   #79
Butcher
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Night View Post
Bets on how long until 7 rounds is just too much? Next will be 5 rounds, and then 3 ...
Til the next shooting

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:51   #80
BUICKSPEC6231

............and the sales of large diameter PVC pipe and shovels just went up at the local hardware/home improvement stores. With all the defending I do for NYS and since I live here, this one was a kick to the junk. And for all you haters saying that its our fault we voted them in, it doesn't really work that way on a gun forum where everyone here is pro gun. We (pro gun members in NY) as a collective whole probably all voted for a conservative (pro gun) state government. You shouldn't be pointing fingers at us. The minority obviously loses every time when it comes to a vote. This is going to be another law like cell phone use in a car. 95% of police officers are going to ignore the violations and enforcement of this law.

Also, yes I am a new member to GT so my post count doesn't show that I have been a supporter of firearms for a long length of time and I look like just another one of these first time gun owners with no credibility. To clear any of that up.... I am a long time gun owner, ccw holder in a county which basically requires your soul before the Judge will sign the ppw, but a short time internet gun forum poster.

Last edited by BUICKSPEC6231; 01-15-2013 at 07:57..
BUICKSPEC6231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:51   #81
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
If I'm Remington, I'm scheduling a press conference that states that I am leaving the state as soon as a suitable home is found if that thing passes.

If I'm Nikki Haley (SC Govenor, may have spelled her first name wrong), I'm calling Remington and offering a pretty sweet deal to get them down here.
Yep, and me thinks the bidding war between the states will be impressive. I'm sending some emails to Virginia's leaders and business development groups this morning.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:52   #82
jay29

All you people who voted democrat can burn in hell. You earned it. I have no use for you.
jay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:52   #83
stopatrain
Lifetime Membership

When will this go into effect
stopatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:54   #84
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Yep, and me thinks the bidding war between the states will be impressive. I'm sending some emails to Virginia's leaders and business development groups this morning.
I will be adding this opportunity as an item in my correspondence as well.

KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:55   #85
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopatrain View Post
When will this go into effect
After the lawsuits are finished.
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:58   #86
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUICKSPEC6231 View Post
............and the sales of large diameter PVC pipe and shovels just went up at the local hardware/home improvement stores. With all the defending I do for NYS and since I live here, this one was a kick to the junk. And for all you haters saying that its our fault we voted them in, it doesn't really work that way on a gun forum where everyone here is pro gun. We (pro gun members in NY) as a collective whole probably all voted for a conservative (pro gun) state government. You shouldn't be pointing fingers at us. The minority obviously loses every time when it comes to a vote. This is going to be another law like cell phone use in a car. 95% of police officers are going to ignore the violations and enforcement of this law.
Well, a guy on another forum who lives in upstate NY and has a few guns was really proud of his vote for Obama a couple of months ago. Then yesterday I posted this:

New York has announced their tentative new gun control measures. They are going to ban "assault weapons" and magazines or guns that can fire more than 7 rounds.

Welkome to Amerika New Yorkers!

And he responded thusly, still in denial.

This did not happen, and I highly doubt that it will in it's presently packaged form...
Wrongo !
They can announce anything they want. A legislative vote is another matter.

And then, slowly, the realization begins sinking in...

Fk'n NY Senate passed it last night. Now it goes to the legislature. Our three reps voted against it, but those down state homos passed it. This is the most fk'd up state, politically that I've ever seen.
What a great diversion from the budget mess we're in. Those bastard gotta be loving this.

He may very well have voted for pro-gun reps but he voted for Obama.

Last edited by Cybercowboy; 01-15-2013 at 07:58..
Cybercowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:00   #87
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent6-3/8 View Post
Wow...

Get ready boys this short of BS maybe coming for all of us on the federal level.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
That's my concern. Maybe not immediately, because right now, we have a fairly conservative House, that will have problems with this.

My hope, is that pro gun people will VOTE in 2014 and give us a liberal cleansing in the Senate AND House.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
Old 01-15-2013, 08:25   #88
WT

Midway sells 5 round Garand clips. The guys who shoot high power rifle will be able to do so. Two 5 round clips instead of 2+8 combo.

If I were a NY Glock owner I would get some 10 rounds mags real quickly. Of course, they could not be loaded to more than 7 rounds but what can you do?

Why blame the democrats? It was a Republican controlled Senate the voted overwhelmingly for the bill.
WT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:37   #89
KalashniKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybercowboy View Post
He may very well have voted for pro-gun reps but he voted for Obama.
And if Obama lost he would be dealing with the same law.

Also, consider that Obama is a narcissistic pyshcopath bent on achieving Universal Disarmament. He will overreach and step on his you-know-what.

If we had Romney in office we'd be hearing about "Legit Hunting" and "Small Varmint Guns" and would likely be facing the exact same laws introduced by the exact same people, and probably a few of the same EOs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT View Post
If I were a NY Glock owner I would get some 10 rounds mags real quickly.
If I were a NY Glock owner, I'd move out of NYS.
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:46   #90
PAGunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post

Also, consider that Obama is a narcissistic pyshcopath bent on achieving Universal Disarmament. He will overreach and step on his you-know-what.

If we had Romney in office we'd be hearing about "Legit Hunting" and "Small Varmint Guns" and would likely be facing the exact same laws introduced by the exact same people, and probably a few of the same EOs.

While spot on with the mentality of law enforcement in NY, totally incorrect about Romney. He stood firm when asked in the 2nd debate about his position, Obama was honest as well and is doing what he said he would. Anyone who voted Obama deserves to have his/her guns taken from them.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:57   #91
wprebeck
Die, bird, die!

Well, since Remington already has a factory here in KY (they make the Viper .22 here), perhaps they'll add another somewhere nearby. I'm a BIG Remmy fan, too. Will only buy their shotguns and rifles. Specifically, the 870, 11-87, 1100, SP-10, and 700 series.
wprebeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:01   #92
bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
I cannot speak for anyone else, nor can I claim to have seen even 1% of all of the posts on GT (but I have probably seen 40% of all the posts on the front page of GNG

but I cannot recall those GT members who claim they both live in NY and are democrats.

Either way, our Republicans' ideas of rebuffing gun control laws is to use both hands to spread our ass cheeks wide and apply a lubricant, to minimize the tearing and bruising from the (any) impending ass reaming we are to receive.
You live in New York? will you be moving out?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:01   #93
GAFinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by WmHBonney View Post
Do any legal experts have ANY ideas on how this legislation might be overturned?
D.C. has more restrictive laws. The only thing that could really overturn this would be a massive national boycott of New York, which has been desperately struggling to bring back in businesses who have fled the anti-business atmosphere.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:05   #94
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT View Post
If I were a NY Glock owner I would get some 10 rounds mags real quickly. Of course, they could not be loaded to more than 7 rounds but what can you do?
I'm guessing that will not fly, because they are "capable" of more than 7 rounds. Who even knows if "hi capacity" mags will be grandfathered in.
RIP Jack
Old 01-15-2013, 09:06   #95
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAFinch View Post
D.C. has more restrictive laws. The only thing that could really overturn this would be a massive national boycott of New York, which has been desperately struggling to bring back in businesses who have fled the anti-business atmosphere.
Yeah but finding someone in DC with cause to sue to overturn the law is more than a bit of a trick. Remember it took 30-40 years to find someone that was legally able to claim injury from the law.

One mistake NY is making is having the law not grandfather current owners.

If no one can buy in the future, it's difficult to prove harm by the law.

If they declare the currently owned equipment contraband, there will be a bunch of people volunteering to be the test case.
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:10   #96
concretefuzzynuts
Brew Crew

Move.
GTDS Member #7
GOTOD Member #757
Snub Club Member #757
NRA Member
concretefuzzynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:14   #97
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
I'm guessing that will not fly, because they are "capable" of more than 7 rounds. Who even knows if "hi capacity" mags will be grandfathered in.
Here is the bill...S2230-2013: Licensure, suspension and revocation of firearms licenses

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:18   #98
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post

Not sure why you think Romney and Obama are two sides of the same coin on this issue because you are dead wrong. Voted for Obama, didn'tcha?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:22   #99
SC Tiger
Shaved Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Hey - I called it first!!!

You can have Springfield Armory if they ever decide to leave Illinois.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.
SC Tiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:26   #100
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
Hey - I called it first!!!

You can have Springfield Armory if they ever decide to leave Illinois.
Hey, they can move here to Missouri. Heck, we even have a Springfield here!