GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 12:54   #251
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,798


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Well,

A. you are wrong - the constitution is federal law
Wrong. Sharkey7 said its just a framework. See above
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:57   #252
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,798


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Because at least the supreme court has to decide what the constitution means and, no matter what your constitution says, somebody has to do that.

The majority? They elected Obama and can barely sign their names on their welfare checks. I'd rather go with the courts having too much power than "the people." We talk a lot about "the people" as if they are some wise and noble group. Maybe we should stop and think about that.
Good Lord, agreed on the majority

My question was sarcastic btw
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 13:00   #253
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist
 
certifiedfunds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 39,798


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
All of the parts. That is the nature of constitutions and laws. Cases are written in detail to account for things that have already happened. Laws are written generally, to try to account for future possibilities. The higher the levle, the more general it is - the constitution being the highest level of all and being written appropriately for that level. In fact, nobody has managed to write one on par since, for the very reasons argued about here - because they try and make it more clear and specific, which leads to unforseen future problems. We only have forseeable future whiners who don't get what they want.
I suppose if we give enough lawyers enough time we can make the Constitution say whatever it needs to say.

No one suggested that the Constitution is supposed to represent the entire body of federal law. However it does tell the congress very specifically what it can write laws about.

.......unless of course the court decides that "shall not be infringed" actually means "subject to whatever regulations the Congress feels is reasonable."
certifiedfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:54   #254
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,239
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
While the libertarian in me believes people should be free to destroy themselves, I agree with Series1811 here.

The U.S. Government has the full Constitutional authority to regulate the import of products into the country. I don't think an influx of foreign cocaine is good for our society and it is within the purview of the feds to control the importation. If that determination is made it should be done with a degree of resolution that will make it successful, or not done at all. The U.S. government is powerful enough to stop it if desired.

Likewise, the federal government should protect U.S. methamphetamine manufacturers from unfair trade practices of the Mexican cartels.
Totally agree as far as stopping the drug trade.

As an overview, the CIA's network maintains the vast majority of drugs flowing (e.g., heroin from Afghanistan) into the united States. If not for their network, the WOD (which is a misnomer but that point aside) would have been won decades ago, but in reality, it's not a war on drugs, it is a war against the American People and the ability for them to defend themselves against a shadow government gone rogue years ago.

However, without the WOD, things like armed surveillance drones flying over our American cities and the militarization of our Police forces and 'Cop Shops' around America would not have been possible. While the threat from terrorists/terrorism is also being blamed and used an an excuse for all the hardware currently being set up against American citizens here in the US, certainly the WOD is being promoted as a just cause for such constitutionally illegal hardware and technologies as well.

Here in America, the only drug dealers being arrested or having their businesses interdicted are the ones that are not within the CIA's and shadow government's "approved" network of distribution. The drug trade will NEVER stop or be stopped due to its NOW vital importance to the American economy.

NAFTA, the free trade agreement, and the forcing of HONEST and much valued manufacturing businesses overseas, which all three have their conceptual genesis occurring at least no later than during reagan's second term, are now part and parcel to tactile movement of drugs over our national borders and subsequent distribution throughout the US. The ongoing laundering of the drug money, generated through the WOD, and the downfall of our American economy from one of almost a 100%, in-house manufacturing economy to that of a predominately service economy is resultant of the push to bankrupt the Middle Class.

Is the WOD, in actual application, really an oxymoron? Yes.
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"Well are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 01-12-2013 at 07:58..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:06   #255
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Totally agree as far as stopping the drug trade.

As an overview, the CIA's network maintains the vast majority of drugs flowing (e.g., heroin from Afghanistan) into the united States. If not for their network, the WOD (which is a misnomer but that point aside) would have been won decades ago, but in reality, it's not a war on drugs, it is a war against the American People and the ability for them to defend themselves against a shadow government gone rogue years ago.

However, without the WOD, things like armed surveillance drones flying over our American cities and the militarization of our Police forces and 'Cop Shops' around America would not have been possible. While the threat from terrorists/terrorism is also being blamed and used an an excuse for all the hardware currently being set up against American citizens here in the US, certainly the WOD is being promoted as a just cause for such constitutionally illegal hardware and technologies as well.

Here in America, the only drug dealers being arrested or having their businesses interdicted are the ones that are not within the CIA's and shadow government's "approved" network of distribution. The drug trade will NEVER stop or be stopped due to its NOW vital importance to the American economy.

NAFTA, the free trade agreement, and the forcing of HONEST and much valued manufacturing businesses overseas, which all three have their conceptual genesis occurring at least no later than during reagan's second term, are now part and parcel to tactile movement of drugs over our national borders and subsequent distribution throughout the US. The ongoing laundering of the drug money, generated through the WOD, and the downfall of our American economy from one of almost a 100%, in-house manufacturing economy to that of a predominately service economy is resultant of the push to bankrupt the Middle Class.

Is the WOD, in actual application, really an oxymoron? Yes.
People don't know the half of it.

The typical drug user, has no idea of the manipulations, by cartels and our government, and other governments, to put that drug into his hands.

Drug trafficking, truly is global in its politics, with the only constant being, that there has to be somebody, somewhere, willing to put s*** into his body, for it to work.

We have record numbers of people willing to do that very thing, so it's going to be with us for a while.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 15:11   #256
RyanBDawg
Senior Member
 
RyanBDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ooltewah Tennessee
Posts: 4,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
People don't know the half of it.

The typical drug user, has no idea of the manipulations, by cartels and our government, and other governments, to put that drug into his hands.

Drug trafficking, truly is global in its politics, with the only constant being, that there has to be somebody, somewhere, willing to put s*** into his body, for it to work.

We have record numbers of people willing to do that very thing, so it's going to be with us for a while.
The overall drug addiction rate for all drugs has stayed roughly level since the war on drugs began.

There has always been and will always be a certain number of people who will become addicted.

It's human nature.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:20   #257
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
The overall drug addiction rate for all drugs has stayed roughly level since the war on drugs began.



Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
For an example, just of how much cocaine use has increased since the late sixties, read Blow, by George Jung. It is a factually accurate reporting of how much cocaine importation increased, just in the seventies.

In the 90's, cocaine importation leveled off, simply because the cartels had saturated the market with cocaine and it was literally impossible to cultivate new cocaine users.

So, the cartels did what any smart businessmen would do. They expanded into heroin and methamphetamine (they were already heavily into marijuana production and importation, and still are). They were even giving heroin away in the mid 90's, to their distributors, to try and develop markets for it.

But, in the end, you have to have the user, willing to buy and ingest the stuff into his or her body, or the whole system collapses. And, we do have those people, in huge numbers.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 18:19   #258
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai
 
Peace Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: With the other 7,999,999
Posts: 26,239
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
... But, in the end, you have to have the user, willing to buy and ingest the stuff into his or her body, or the whole system collapses. And, we do have those people, in huge numbers.
Perfectly true. From now on I will keep that in mind when writing on/about this topic. Thanks for pointing that out. (Sometimes I miss the obvious.)
__________________
“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.” - William S. Burroughs
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"Well are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:56   #259
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.
 
series1811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Retired, but not expired.
Posts: 14,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Warrior View Post
Perfectly true. From now on I will keep that in mind when writing on/about this topic. Thanks for pointing that out. (Sometimes I miss the obvious.)
You're not the only one.
__________________
I sure miss the country I grew up in.
series1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 19:20.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,475
446 Members
1,029 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42