SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:55   #26
PAGunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P Shooter View Post
They want all mags to be restricted to 7 rounds and ban all AW. It will never pass, this is just a bunch of crazies running in circles waiting for congress to slap them all in the face with a dose of reality
It's a done deal, the senate is the only thing that could have stopped it and that is where it passed. It will pass the assembly with zero problems and Cuomo will sign it.

I'm so glad I fled that hellhole!
Old 01-15-2013, 03:02   #27
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
They want all mags to be restricted to 7 rounds and ban all AW. It will never pass, this is just a bunch of crazies running in circles waiting for congress to slap them all in the face with a dose of reality
It's painfully obvious you did not read the article
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:10   #28
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post
Fools = "Pro Gun Democrats"

You don't need to search back very far to find their posts here on GT. They are strangely quiet right now though

How many pro-gun NY democrats on Glock Talk? Probably zero.

"pro gun" democrats who don't live in NY will not be inclined to even look at a thread about gun laws in NY,

and yes, I know many pro-gun democrats in NY. Some are friends, many are associates. This bill made it to the senate where this upper house is about 1:1 with senate:democrats.

There are only a few "pro gun" republicans in NY, in either house.

Last edited by Gallium; 01-15-2013 at 04:07..
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:50   #29
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
How many pro-gun democrats on Glock Talk? Probably zero.
Might want to go back and search the reelection threads. More than one was quite proud they voted for Obama, and were sure he would not pursue a gun control agenda, because he didn't in his first term. Several of them have been members here for a long time, w/ several thousand posts... so no reason to think they were just trolling.

IGF
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack

Last edited by IndyGunFreak; 01-15-2013 at 03:51..
Old 01-15-2013, 04:08   #30
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Might want to go back and search the reelection threads. More than one was quite proud they voted for Obama, and were sure he would not pursue a gun control agenda, because he didn't in his first term. Several of them have been members here for a long time, w/ several thousand posts... so no reason to think they were just trolling.

IGF

I thought people would understand I meant "pro gun NY democrats".

Post has been edited, and thus I resubmit my now edited question: How many pro-gun New York democrats on GT?
Old 01-15-2013, 04:11   #31
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
I thought people would understand I meant "pro gun NY democrats".

Post has been edited, and thus I resubmit my now edited question: How many pro-gun New York democrats on GT?
They're probably in hiding.
RIP Jack
Old 01-15-2013, 04:15   #32
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
They're probably in hiding.

I cannot speak for anyone else, nor can I claim to have seen even 1% of all of the posts on GT (but I have probably seen 40% of all the posts on the front page of GNG

but I cannot recall those GT members who claim they both live in NY and are democrats.

Either way, our Republicans' ideas of rebuffing gun control laws is to use both hands to spread our ass cheeks wide and apply a lubricant, to minimize the tearing and bruising from the (any) impending ass reaming we are to receive.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:22   #33
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
So explain how there is even the slightest chance it will NOT pass?

It just passed the New York senate, the assembly (NY's house of representatives) has 100 democrats and 49 republicans.

it was the governor's idea, or else he's talking like it was.

At which point is it going to fail - the democrat super-majority that has to pass it in the assembly, or the governor who asked for it?

There is a reason New York was rated the least free state in America...and that reason is New Yorkers.

Last edited by Bren; 01-15-2013 at 04:34..
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:25   #34
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
It's painfully obvious you did not read the article
I read this article and that's what it says is in there.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/15/ny...laws.html?_r=0
Old 01-15-2013, 04:30   #35
Beretta92guy

so this turns how many honest, law-abiding citizens into criminals??????

how can anyone with common sense believe this will deter some nut-job from shooting up a school????

this is just plain stupid, based on nothing more than emotion, and not FACTS.....but hell, when do liberals care about facts??? only about pleasing their lib-tard flock in order to stay in office

"Ammunition magazines would be restricted to seven bullets, from the current 10, and current owners of higher-capacity magazines would have a year to sell them out of state. An owner caught at home with eight or more bullets in a magazine could face a misdemeanor charge."....................

http://news.yahoo.com/ny-seals-1st-s...074653716.html
Beretta92guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:34   #36
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I read this article and that's what it says is in there.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/15/ny...laws.html?_r=0
I only read the link in the OP, which also pretty clearly mentioned it passed the Senate, and should sail through the Assembly.

Very sad.

Glad I'm not a traveler.
RIP Jack
Old 01-15-2013, 04:40   #37
PAGunner

Wow no grandfather clause to this, so if you own any Glock othe than a 36 or 39 you will be in violation of the law. My prediction is this drives every last patriot out of that Kommunist stinkhole. That's INSANE!

In fact, someone in NY should challenge this legally.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:44   #38
PocketProtector

The Okie Corral

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 01-15-2013, 04:52   #39
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
Wow no grandfather clause to this, so if you own any Glock othe than a 36 or 39 you will be in violation of the law. My prediction is this drives every last patriot out of that Kommunist stinkhole. That's INSANE!

In fact, someone in NY should challenge this legally.
or it's going to turn a lot of people into felons.. I think w/ the 6rd limit, their goal was to make the only practical choice, a revolver. So while not banning semi-auto's, there's not very many that hold 7rds or less, that aren't mouse guns. Maybe manufacturers will make "NY Magazines"

IGF
RIP Jack
Old 01-15-2013, 05:00   #40
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Quote:
or it's going to turn a lot of people into felons.. I think w/ the 6rd limit, their goal was to make the only practical choice, a revolver. So while not banning semi-auto's, there's not very many that hold 7rds or less, that aren't mouse guns. Maybe manufacturers will make "NY Magazines"

IGF
In '94, one of the unintended consequences of the 10 round limit was that gun manufacturers started building smaller and smaller CCW firearms. This was quite the difference because the '80s brought us the high capacity race with the "wondernines"

So now, in NY, people who follow the law will have to buy smaller and more concealable firearms. I wonder if the assembly actually thought about that for a minute before passing the jerking of the knee bill.
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:00   #41
PAGunner

Quote:

IGF
I Doubt you'll see "NY magazines", way too few NY pistol permit holders to justify that, I suspect it's also a number that will be shrinking significantly. Small single stack semis, 1911s and revolvers are the only choice and some pump shotguns. Pretty sad, I'm truly embarrassed to have been born and raised there.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:20   #42
DanaT
Pharaoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta92guy View Post
so this turns how many honest, law-abiding citizens into criminals??????

how can anyone with common sense believe this will deter some nut-job from shooting up a school????

this is just plain stupid, based on nothing more than emotion, and not FACTS.....but hell, when do liberals care about facts??? only about pleasing their lib-tard flock in order to stay in office

"Ammunition magazines would be restricted to seven bullets, from the current 10, and current owners of higher-capacity magazines would have a year to sell them out of state. An owner caught at home with eight or more bullets in a magazine could face a misdemeanor charge."....................

http://news.yahoo.com/ny-seals-1st-s...074653716.html
Having to turn them in, sell them within a year out of state, or be jailed is the same as confiscation. I have it on good word that no police officer would participate in a confiscation scheme.

2x4=8, not 14.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.
DanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:27   #43
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaT View Post
Having to turn them in, sell them within a year out of state, or be jailed is the same as confiscation. I have it on good word that no police officer would participate in a confiscation scheme.

In NY one of the goals of policing is to get guns "off the street". Unfortunately "the street" means "out of the hands of people", so if someone did something mildly stupid in their own home (say like file a restraining order against someone else) they stand a good chance of temporarily having their guns confiscated by the state.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:29   #44
PAGunner

Quote:

Good luck with that, you need a pistol permit to even touch a handgun in NY, it's not a very large number of pistol permit holders in NY. They know which models held over 7 rounds, they're not stupid. NYSP gets paid WAY too much money for them to not comply with their unconstitutional orders from their Kommunist leaders. When the NYSP comes knocking, anyone left in NY owning a gun will cave.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:38   #45
deadmanglocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
The Okie Corral

What's that? Obama's toilet paper?
deadmanglocking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:41   #46
mgs
Always Carrying

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrGlock View Post
I wonder if Remington and Kimber et al will move shop to a more gun friendly state.
Remington may move but the Owner of Kimber is a true Yonker or is that Wonker. The magic of the number "7". I can change 7rd mags just as quick as 15 rd mags and only lose a few seconds of meyhem.

Last edited by mgs; 01-15-2013 at 05:54..
mgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:42   #47
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

This bill is unbelievable. It makes Feinstein's bill look tame. The bill passed the NY Senate 43-18.

I will never spend a dime of my money in that cesspool of a state.
Quote:
In his State of the State address last Wednesday, Cuomo called for the "toughest assault weapons ban in the nation" as well as limiting magazines to a capacity of seven bullets, down from the current 10.

"No one hunts with an assault rifle," Cuomo said. "No one needs 10 bullets to kill a deer. End the madness."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...-guns/1833271/
Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:44   #48
mgs
Always Carrying

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
Good luck with that, you need a pistol permit to even touch a handgun in NY, it's not a very large number of pistol permit holders in NY. They know which models held over 7 rounds, they're not stupid. NYSP gets paid WAY too much money for them to not comply with their unconstitutional orders from their Kommunist leaders. When the NYSP comes knocking, anyone left in NY owning a gun will cave.
Come sell your guns to us in PA.....still a free state for now. I love NY lakes and mountains but not their laws. I break your laws quite often BTW.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:47   #49
mgs
Always Carrying

Quote:

Then they lose their job and pension. Only a 3%er would do that. You are screwed.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:49   #50
PAGunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs View Post
Come sell your guns to us in PA.....still a free state for now. I love NY lakes and mountains but not their laws. I break your laws quite often BTW.
I fled NY years ago, hence the PA in PAGunner (at the time I was a medical student, "gunner" is a term used to describe ambitious students) so "gunner" was a double entendre. Anyway I now happy live in south Florida, the gunshine state!