SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2013, 14:06   #1
TLwolter

New G20 Owner

I have owned a G26 for about 10 years and use it as my primary carry weapon. For a while now, I have had the G20 on my wishlist and recently made it a reality.

I took it out to the range this past weekend and absolutely fell in love with that gun. I was definitely expecting a bit more recoil, but the G20 handled the 10mm factory ammo with ease. Looking forward to trying some Underwood once it becomes available again. It is a very smooth and accurate shooting firearm. I even had my 13 year old son with me at the range. He has shot my 9mm, 38 specials and .380's many times before and handles them well. He was a little apprehensive about firing the big G20, but didn't turn away the opportunity. It took him about 20 seconds to get the nerve to fire the first shot. After that, it was hard to get him to put it down.

I'd like to use the G20 for deer hunting next fall, which is the main reason I purchased it over the G22. I am planning on sticking with stock parts for now, but will likely invest in better sights. I have been doing a lot of reading on different sight options, but would welcome any suggestions.

I have never reloaded ammo before, but am seriously considering it now. I have heard that factory Glock barrels are not optimal for reloading, but have read here that many people do so with no issues. I guess if I were to start reloading, I will have to research the possibility of an aftermarket barrel. Again...open to any suggestions.

The only regret I have is the fact that it took me so long to pick up the G20. Glad I did and can't wait to put more rounds through it.
TLwolter is offline   Reply With Quote