Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter7 View Post
Thanks Skeeter.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:51   #24
GLWyandotte
Carbon User

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffbanjo View Post
Of course - you'd want the real McCoy, wouldn't you? Unless your taste buds have been blunted by the stuff coming out of Milwaukee,

Well Yeah!
Been to the UK plenty, got spoiled.
Tallgrass Brewing and Summit Brewing are putting out some serious competition though.

Formerly Glockerel, 2003
GLWyandotte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:46   #25
ChrisJn
"Old Bill"

Croeso!
ChrisJn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:03   #26
taffbanjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWyandotte View Post
Well Yeah!
Been to the UK plenty, got spoiled.
Tallgrass Brewing and Summit Brewing are putting out some serious competition though.
I hate to admit it but I've had some pretty fair beer from micro-breweries in the Nashville area but I can't remember the names.

Don't think I don't like American beer - you're talking to a man who had his first Budweiser and first Schlitz on the same day in 1962 - in Yorkshire!

Last edited by taffbanjo; 01-14-2013 at 12:03..
taffbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:37   #27
ca survivor

ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:39   #28
taffbanjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
Thanks very much!
Old 01-14-2013, 14:52   #29
bush pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPVG View Post
Yeah. Trade him for Piers Whats-his-name.
We should be so lucky. We'd probably have to pay the Brits too much to get Piers back there. Welcome aboard, Taffbanjo.

Send me your wheel weights, do it for the children.
bush pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 15:02   #30
taffbanjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJn View Post
Croeso!
Diolch yn fawr!
Old 01-14-2013, 15:08   #31
Berto
woo woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPVG View Post
Yeah. Trade him for Piers Whats-his-name.
HA!!
Agreed. I'd make that trade in a heartbeat. I'd even call Jeremy Clarkson to be there waiting.
I was in the house when the house burned down.
Berto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 15:11   #32
Mr Spock
Vulcan

Quote:
Diolch yn fawr!
Damn foreigners coming here and don't even speak English....

Welcome aboard.

Out of curiosity, do you own any firearms anymore, or is it too difficult of a process now to deal with?
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 15:20   #33
taffbanjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bush pilot View Post
We should be so lucky. We'd probably have to pay the Brits too much to get Piers back there. Welcome aboard, Taffbanjo.
Thanks very much - good to be here.
Not even the US has got that kind of money. I don't know if you've come across Jeremy Clarkson, who fronts Top Gear over here, but Piers Morgan is the only person he's ever hit in fifty-odd years of life. He broke a finger doing it but reckons that every second of pain was worth it.
Nobody can be so unlikeable without a great deal of effort - I hope he's being paid an awful lot of money so he'll want to stay.
Sorry guys - it's every nation for itself.
Old 01-14-2013, 15:27   #34
taffbanjo

Quote:
Thanks very much - good to be here.
Not even the US has got that kind of money. I don't know if you've come across Jeremy Clarkson, who fronts Top Gear over here, but Piers Morgan is the only person he's ever hit in fifty-odd years of life. He broke a finger doing it but reckons that every second of pain was worth it.
Nobody can be so unlikeable without a great deal of effort - I hope he's being paid an awful lot of money so he'll want to stay.
Sorry guys - it's every nation for itself.
I can see from the reply above that you do know Jeremy - he's very mouthy and non-PC but a good guy at heart. I'm afraid we've decided to keep him - Sorry again, guys

Last edited by taffbanjo; 01-14-2013 at 15:29..
Old 01-14-2013, 15:42   #35
WT

Welcome to the Forum!

I've been to Blighty a number of times, usually staying at a hotel on Buckingham Gate. Several evening strolls brought me to the attention of the coppers around Scotland Yard. We talked about the Glock 17s they carried. They were envious of my Glock collection.
WT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 15:44   #36
taffbanjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechRedneck View Post
Damn foreigners coming here and don't even speak English....

Welcome aboard.

Out of curiosity, do you own any firearms anymore, or is it too difficult of a process now to deal with?
Thanks very much but I'd like to point out that we've been teaching English to the English for centuries - and they still make a hash of it. I replied in Welsh because you obviously have at least one of God's people living amongst you.

Own a hand gun? It's almost impossible and Blair closed down all the gun clubs and ranges at the same time, without compensation. Defend your State's rights, or you might end up like us!
Old 01-14-2013, 16:05   #37
taffbanjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT View Post
Welcome to the Forum!

I've been to Blighty a number of times, usually staying at a hotel on Buckingham Gate. Several evening strolls brought me to the attention of the coppers around Scotland Yard. We talked about the Glock 17s they carried. They were envious of my Glock collection.
Thanks very much!

No doubt they were and rightly so but at least they get to shoot theirs on a fairly regular basis. I've also read today that our Armed Forces will be issued with Glock 17s to replace the Browning Hi-Powers we've had for over 50 years. I learned on a Mark 1 in the 60s, without ambi-dextrous controls. Which is why, as a lefty, I learned to fire with both hands. Ha! At my present stage, I'm not even sure any more which bit of the gun I should be holding.

Last edited by taffbanjo; 01-14-2013 at 16:11..
Old 01-14-2013, 16:10   #38
Mr Spock
Vulcan

Quote:
Neither, I'm afraid. I served with SHAPE in Belgium when Charles de Gaul threw NATO out of France - for me, it's chips with mayonnaise. Mayonnaise and fries are also very acceptable.

I didn't say that the US was my ONLY influence. I'll take good stuff anywhere I can find it!
Embrace the American South and try them with barbecue sauce. You'll never ask for mayo again.
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 16:25   #39
taffbanjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechRedneck View Post
Embrace the American South and try them with barbecue sauce. You'll never ask for mayo again.
Embrace the South! I already feel cheated if I get on a plane and it doesn't end up in Nashville. On my last visit in 2009, I was disturbed to hear a distinct Tennessee twang in my voice towards the end of the vacation. It took months of elocution therapy to get rid of it.

The barbecue sauce is fine - on barbeque - but chips and fries were made to be eaten with mayonnaise. Sorry - that is an eternal truth.

Last edited by taffbanjo; 01-14-2013 at 16:26..
Old 01-14-2013, 19:31   #40
danielcut

Welcome. And I have to say I know what you're on about with the fries and mayonnaise.
danielcut is offline   Reply With Quote