SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-13-2013, 23:49   #126
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA_Khost View Post
There are many checks and balances in place but I think many here underestimate Obama's total disregard for our Constitution. He will try and ram unconstitutional legislation, laws, executive orders etc... down our throats.
He will throw it out there and see what he can get to stick.
He's dangerous.

“None are more hopelessly enslaved than
those who falsely believe they are free.”
― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Well, he is not required to follow the Constitution because he is not legally the President. We all know that his father was married to another woman when he made Barry and that was not a legal marriage to Barry's mom..thus he is illegal. But because of his skin tone he has gotten "cart blanche" treatment. That is the new Amerika.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:30   #127
Gunboat1
Far Traveler

Bottom line -resist ANY more encroachment. Do not accept and DO NOT OBEY any orders issued by Obongo which are contrary to the Constitution. Fight to keep what we have.

"The sum of virtue is to be sociable with them that will be sociable, and formidable to them that will not." - Hobbes
Gunboat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:33   #128
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneyBooney View Post
Well, he is not required to follow the Constitution because he is not legally the President. We all know that his father was married to another woman when he made Barry and that was not a legal marriage to Barry's mom..thus he is illegal. But because of his skin tone he has gotten "cart blanche" treatment. That is the new Amerika.
Maybe you should take this reasoning to the US Supreme Court?
Old 01-14-2013, 13:14   #129
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
... Keep in mind too that while Obama may not have to worry too much about losing political capital now, but all those other democrats surrounding him would probably like to avoid losing their seat at the pork barrel. Most of those career pols are not going to commit career hari-kari for the Big O. The flip-side of this being Obama's last term means that he will have nothing to offer those career pols(Including political protection), come the next election. They will be on their own. Eric
biden's part in this was multifold.

First, time consuming smoke an mirrors to get us past the holidays.

Second, create a reason to have a little ink for the 2016 election cycle.

Third, you've hit the nail on the head with respect to Congress committing political suicide, which is the exact reason for the executive order strategy. In both the 2014 and 2016 election cycles, our Congressional members can claim anything they want, as far as the reelection campaign trail goes, if soetoro uses and X-order. In Bart Simpson's famous words, "I didn't do it!"

I mean after all, look how we got all those "obamacare" supporters out of office since 2008. (Didn't happen, while stumping for reelection they used the excuse of being told martial law would be imposed and the sheeple bought it.)

It will be the same thing with this x-order from soetoro. They learned back in '93-'95. Now they have the perfect end around play as far as reelections in the future. (I won't go off topic about crooked voting machines setting the deck for reelections as well.)
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 01-14-2013 at 13:17..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 13:21   #130
Peace Warrior
CLM Number 221
Am Yisrael Chai

Quote:
In order for the POTUS to write a binding x-order, the Constituion has to have been suspended. Simply put, we have been without the benefits of an acting Constitution for quite some time now.

(Heck, if my understanding about State and corporate law as far as Florida's legalese goes, here in Florida we are still, technically, under martial law that was imposed by jebbers bush, which he made effective on Wednesday, 09-12-2001. It has only been acted on selectively, but no less it is still there.)
"Nothing we're gonna do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that [our gun ban legislation] will bring gun deaths down..." - VPOTUS Joe Biden
"Love 'Em All!!! Let Jehovah sort 'em out." - The Holy Bible
"You gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - Josey Wales

Last edited by Peace Warrior; 01-14-2013 at 13:24..
Peace Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 15:53   #131
MtnBiker
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockHavenYellow View Post
Fox News: "BREAKING NEWS: Vice President Joe Biden says President Obama could use executive action -- and bypass Congress -- to toughen gun control laws."
Let's assume for a minute this is what really happens. Say BHO advocates something rather low-key. If it is accepted and it bypasses congress; it's time to worry.

That sets the precedent. Three months from now he'll try to shove through something more aggressive. Then more in the next 3 months...

I think celebration is premature.
Old 01-14-2013, 17:04   #132
M&P Shooter
Metal Member

Quote:
Good grief. If I hear one person say 'Well, it is over', before it has even properly begun, I am going to kick someone's cat.
The Okie Corral
Old 01-14-2013, 19:29   #133
Cade
anti-poster

I think about my grandfather....

...Veteran, sportsman, small business owner. Miss him dearly, but glad that he will not be here to see the POTUS actually wipe his rear with the Bill of Rights. It would kill him faster than the Camel filters did.
Cade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 19:43   #134
jdavionic
NRA Member

Yep...not going to happen

They are still pressing the issue, including executive order options. Biden identifies 19 different EO options
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...ons-86187.html

Now they are asserting that it does not create new laws, but only reinforces existing laws. We'll see. But make no mistake, they will be as aggressive as possible in taking advantage of the emotions around this tragedy.

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 19:52   #135
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

And the response should be tenfold what they try to enact.
Old 01-14-2013, 20:05   #136
50 Cent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDeeeeeeee View Post
If the administration is already talking EO then it just means that the "conversation on gun violence" isn't going as well as they hoped.
Sounds like Reid has already gotten an earful from Red State Dem Senators defending their seats in 2014.
Old 01-14-2013, 20:08   #137
50 Cent

Quote:
I am 45 and I live in Texas. Eric
Another reason to luv Tx..lol
Old 01-14-2013, 20:18   #138
33rdglock17
Boosh

Quote:
Jesus take off the tinfoil.... Guess what? He already won and they aren't going to erase the last 4 years of his term. Why don't you concentrate on how terrible of a president he has been instead of something so stupid? This is why people don't take conservatives seriously
33rdglock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 21:58   #139
Desert Duck

Go to whitehouse.gov and sign the petitions...

I signed this one;

Recognize that an Executive Order restricting firearms is an illegal act and will likely result in an insurrection.

And another on the 2nd Amendment. I am surprised not more have signed it. Lets go y'all
Desert Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:52   #140
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Maybe you should take this reasoning to the US Supreme Court?
After seeing their take on Obamacare, I wouldn't count on any help from them on anything.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:04   #141
LockHavenYellow
Flyin' Low

Just heard that Obama will have children from Newtown by his side tomorrow while he announces gun control measures.

You are a disgusting, despicable human being, Mr. Obama. To drag these children through more of your mud is DEPLORABLE.

NRA Life Member
GOA Member
LockHavenYellow is offline   Reply With Quote