GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 09:36   #51
33rdglock17
Boosh
 
33rdglock17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: anti gun, IL
Posts: 133
But I never swapped anything.... I bought it new in box just a few days ago. I'm willing to bet it's an ammo thing. Those cheapo Walmart bulk packs are likely sized differently than whatever ammo you guys may be using
33rdglock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:58   #52
Slackinoff
Senior Member
 
Slackinoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by chr_edw View Post
Not my dog.. More of my alter ego.

I've been wanting to do something about my LOP also.... Let me know how it goes. Have considered buying the 12 hogue stock have just never got around to it.
I also considered buying the "short" houge stock but I saw in reviews from many distributors that houge doesn't provide the correct hardware. You have to provide your own shorter bolt. If you use the original it will break the trigger housing....not cool houge. Why not provide us the bolt?
__________________
It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid. -The Stranger-
Slackinoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 13:21   #53
chr_edw
Holster Maker
 
chr_edw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Broken Arrow
Posts: 220
Good info on the hardware... I was un-aware, actually didn't even think about needing one . Hummm I'm not sure where to look for one either. Brownells maybe.

That is pretty crappy from Hogue though.
__________________
Checkout our Custom Kydex Holsters Ready to Ship @ http://www.f3holsters.com
chr_edw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 20:51   #54
Jack Black
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Vegas Baby!
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33rdglock17 View Post
But I never swapped anything.... I bought it new in box just a few days ago. I'm willing to bet it's an ammo thing. Those cheapo Walmart bulk packs are likely sized differently than whatever ammo you guys may be using
I wouldn't think it's due to the follower, since the follower in mine takes up very little space. It's probably the spring and/or ammo.
Jack Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 20:52   #55
Jack Black
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Vegas Baby!
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackinoff View Post
I also considered buying the "short" houge stock but I saw in reviews from many distributors that houge doesn't provide the correct hardware. You have to provide your own shorter bolt. If you use the original it will break the trigger housing....not cool houge. Why not provide us the bolt?
My Hogue stock installed fine with their provided hardware. I absolutely love it. Completely transformed the gun for me.
Jack Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:27   #56
Slackinoff
Senior Member
 
Slackinoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 441
I read that putting the rubber pad in the freezer will make it less difficult to sand down....I hope so. I am pleased with how much better the gun feels.

Tactical Shotguns

Tactical Shotguns
__________________
It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid. -The Stranger-
Slackinoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:30   #57
Slackinoff
Senior Member
 
Slackinoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
My Hogue stock installed fine with their provided hardware. I absolutely love it. Completely transformed the gun for me.
Was it the "shorter" length of pull stock?
__________________
It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid. -The Stranger-
Slackinoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:24   #58
sns3guppy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,760
I have both the 590 and 590A1. Either one is just fine.

I removed part of the bayonet lug on the 590 so it wouldn't interfere with a Surefire light on a forend, and I installed a knoxx spec ops stock on that shotgun. The 590A1 is as received from Mossberg, with the Davis Speedfeed stock.

Both have high-visibility followers in the magazine tube to make identification easy by sight or feel, and both have spare round carriers on the side of the receiver.
sns3guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:35   #59
chr_edw
Holster Maker
 
chr_edw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Broken Arrow
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackinoff View Post
I read that putting the rubber pad in the freezer will make it less difficult to sand down....I hope so. I am pleased with how much better the gun feels.

Tactical Shotguns

Tactical Shotguns
How much did you take off?

The hogue should be 12" LOP.
__________________
Checkout our Custom Kydex Holsters Ready to Ship @ http://www.f3holsters.com
chr_edw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 13:05   #60
Slackinoff
Senior Member
 
Slackinoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 441
The cut piece measured 1.5''. Just measured and the final length of pull is just a hair under 13''
__________________
It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid. -The Stranger-
Slackinoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 22:16   #61
Lugi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,744
I have a 590A1 (51663) and just sold my 870 and went down and ordered another 590A1 model (51517).....can't wait!!!

I feel much better now that I'll have 2 shotguns in the same platform.
Lugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:55   #62
Jack Black
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Vegas Baby!
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackinoff View Post
Was it the "shorter" length of pull stock?
Yep 12" LOP.
Jack Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 18:43   #63
Slackinoff
Senior Member
 
Slackinoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
Yep 12" LOP.
Thanks for the information Jack Black, do you mind me asking where you purchased yours? If I have trouble sanding down my rubber pad I might just pick up the Houge.
__________________
It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid. -The Stranger-
Slackinoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 00:59   #64
Jack Black
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Vegas Baby!
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackinoff View Post
Thanks for the information Jack Black, do you mind me asking where you purchased yours? If I have trouble sanding down my rubber pad I might just pick up the Houge.
I believe I bought mine from Midway USA.
Jack Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:53   #65
jamaicanj
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,234
Anyone have a link to a vid that explains all the differences between the different 590 models?
__________________
Phillipians 4:13
Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
Glock Certified Armorer & GSSF Member

Last edited by jamaicanj; 01-06-2013 at 07:58..
jamaicanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:00   #66
sharkbait22
Senior Member
 
sharkbait22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rockledge, FL
Posts: 208
Alright this is my first shotgun guys and I need a little help. It's the 590 cruiser model I think. It came with a pistol grip only and the door breach choke. (not sure if it's an actual choke or not) The door breech is part of the barrel and not removable. It's not pinned but rather an extension of the barrel itself. I went ahead and ordered the Hogue Overmold stock from opticsplanet. Can someone explain to me the different LOP? The stock I ordered says it is 12" LOP. I heard a lot of good things about the Overmold stock but didn't realize they came in different sizes.
Also, mine didn't come with the ghost ring sights. It came with a front blade sight. Is that suppose to be coupled with a rear sight? It didn't come with one. Or is that suppose to act as a bead sight and used by itself? Thanks for any help fellas!
Attached Thumbnails
Tactical Shotguns - Click for larger version  
sharkbait22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:16   #67
sharkbait22
Senior Member
 
sharkbait22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rockledge, FL
Posts: 208
Bump!
sharkbait22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 14:53   #68
M&P Guy
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 86
Mossberg Blackwater 51772 is a 590A1.
M&P Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:01   #69
chr_edw
Holster Maker
 
chr_edw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Broken Arrow
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFin View Post
Is that a mag extension? If so can you tell us what kind & how many rounds it holds?
I like the 18 & 1/2 in length barrel better than the 20 but I did not know you could add an extension to the mag tube.
Sorry I missed this earlier.

Yes it is a mag extension. It is made my s&j hardware especially for the 591a1. It gives me +2 of 2 3/4" shells for a total of 7 + 1.

It also came with the front sling mount.
__________________
Checkout our Custom Kydex Holsters Ready to Ship @ http://www.f3holsters.com
chr_edw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 22:42   #70
XshooterX
Senior Member
 
XshooterX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 649
I want an 18.5" A1 with the XS sights like on the blackwater. Does anybody know if that model exists??


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
XshooterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 22:46   #71
burttrans
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by XshooterX View Post
I want an 18.5" A1 with the XS sights like on the blackwater. Does anybody know if that model exists??


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I don't think that one exists; I have a 20" Blackwater with XS sights. I love the gun; I went to gun show to buy a 870 tactical and walked out with the 590A1 Blackwater and very happy that I did!
burttrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:14   #72
kyarcher
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackinoff View Post
Thought you guys might like to see my new shotgun. I sure like it! Do any of you think that it might be on the "ban list" or whatever is being proposed because it has a bayonet lug? Not the reason I bought it, I forgot they had them until I got her home. Anyway, here yall go.

I bought the identical shotgun yesterday. Can't wait to give it a try. These are getting hard to find and I got the last one that Bud's had.
__________________
~America~ Born July 4th,1776- Died, Election Day 2008
kyarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:15   #73
chr_edw
Holster Maker
 
chr_edw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Broken Arrow
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbait22 View Post
Alright this is my first shotgun guys and I need a little help. It's the 590 cruiser model I think. It came with a pistol grip only and the door breach choke. (not sure if it's an actual choke or not) The door breech is part of the barrel and not removable. It's not pinned but rather an extension of the barrel itself. I went ahead and ordered the Hogue Overmold stock from opticsplanet. Can someone explain to me the different LOP? The stock I ordered says it is 12" LOP. I heard a lot of good things about the Overmold stock but didn't realize they came in different sizes.
Also, mine didn't come with the ghost ring sights. It came with a front blade sight. Is that suppose to be coupled with a rear sight? It didn't come with one. Or is that suppose to act as a bead sight and used by itself? Thanks for any help fellas!
The regular length stock that comes on mossberg gives you a LOP of about 14".

I have never seen one with a blade front and not have the ghost ring but you would just use it like a bead which will be fine for almost everything.
__________________
Checkout our Custom Kydex Holsters Ready to Ship @ http://www.f3holsters.com
chr_edw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 13:10.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,111
341 Members
770 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42