GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:40   #176
bac1023

Exactly, it was just a curiosity thread. People are allowed to buy guns just for the hell of it. It doesn't always need to be about combat or defense.

That's exactly why I bought one. I was curious. Why that's so hard to understand for certain people, I don't know.

...not that I ever give two damns about someone else's opinion anyway. I never really have.

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:34   #177
CajunBass

Send a message via AIM to CajunBass
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Exactly, it was just a curiosity thread. People are allowed to buy guns just for the hell of it. It doesn't always need to be about combat or defense.

That's exactly why I bought one. I was curious. Why that's so hard to understand for certain people, I don't know.

...not that I ever give two damns about someone else's opinion anyway. I never really have.
Back when I first started reading these boards, there was a fellow on "The Firing Line" who absolutly HATED Hi-Points. I figure at some point a Hi-Point took his lunch money, kicked sand in his face, AND stold his best girlfriend or something. Man, he just frothed at the mouth when he cussed Hi-Points. It was almost a religious crusade for him.

Now, you have to understand that at that time I had never heard of Hi-Point but I figured NOTHING could be as bad as he said they were, so I bought one just to see for myself. In MY experience they're not bad at all. I had a lot of fun shooting it.
John 3:16 (NKJV)

Last edited by CajunBass; 01-10-2013 at 06:36..
CajunBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:03   #178
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
Back when I first started reading these boards, there was a fellow on "The Firing Line" who absolutly HATED Hi-Points. I figure at some point a Hi-Point took his lunch money, kicked sand in his face, AND stold his best girlfriend or something. Man, he just frothed at the mouth when he cussed Hi-Points. It was almost a religious crusade for him.

Now, you have to understand that at that time I had never heard of Hi-Point but I figured NOTHING could be as bad as he said they were, so I bought one just to see for myself. In MY experience they're not bad at all. I had a lot of fun shooting it.
They are certainly worlds better than the other new guns in the same price range.

1911 Buyer's Guide
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 14:45   #179
raxar
Golliwog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
No, not at all really, never was. I know because I started it. Conversation was about a cheap toy for random range fun and just for the hell of it because its cheap. Your the only one talking about combat function
If you're still looking for a hi-point may I suggest

I bought a .40 a while back I intend on converting whenever I get around to it.

Doing nothing is a choice....
raxar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 21:29   #180
Snaps
Hail 2 The King

Finally, got a message on my phone that they got a couple in. One's been put aside for me. I shall have it in the next couple days!!!

Soon to be Hi-Point owner here !

Those of you with the first hand experience and such, thanks for the input. For those who blindly hate 'em, I know a bunch of people who hate those plastic piece of crap glocks too
Old 02-15-2013, 21:32   #181
4095fanatic

Love my hipoints wouldn't trade them or sell them. I carry a GLOCK, but I still find my 4095 to be my favorite pistol caliber carbine.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
4095fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 21:32   #182
AsSeenOnTV

So I'm pretty sure I want a hi point and I don't know why

Hide your others outside your dwelling, and when the gubment comes to take your guns, you wont be out anything
AsSeenOnTV is offline   Reply With Quote