Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-08-2013, 16:20   #161
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
Anytime. The offer from months ago still stands. I'll await the PM.
Wait for what PM? Why do you need to wait for any PM at all? Several others at the Black Rifle Subforum have asked for your credentials. Show them, if not to show me.

Quote:
Until then Mr. Strawman get lost. I'm making myself look as crazy as you are entertaining your craziness.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
A lot of braggadocios but no proposed solutions for poor people to get themselves armed and trained? Got it.

Last edited by fnfalman; 01-08-2013 at 16:22..
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 16:37   #162
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick!

Quote:
Exagerating figures, and lying will accomplish nothing.

I gave factual first hand experience. You two pander to false emotion.

I also gave numerous examples of commonly excepted luxuries enjoyed by all walks of life. Extras easily gone w/o that could cover the cost of a quality used firearm.

My mom went many nights w/o dinner so my sister and I had enough to eat. Been there myself. Come at me w/ something new.

You two refuse to be subject to fact as it doesn't support your position.

Talk is cheap that's why I'm a man of action. I walk the walk. One day I'll fill you in.

The end.
Reality speaks louder and walks taller than you. Get in touch.

I own two HPs and have carried them for SD....I can afford other guns...but for what I wanted...they fit the bill...just like someone who can't afford (regardless of what you think folks need or don't need) a Glock, Beretta, S&W etc. Not sure about your section of town, but my area/region, the used 'quality' guns are more than the $300 you quoted earlier....if you can find them.

You are so entertaining!!

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632
The 10 Ring #00720

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. JTull7
R.I.P. Mullah (aka El_Ron1) ~ R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 16:40   #163
redbaron007
Lifetime Membership
A Nice Prick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Wait for what PM? Why do you need to wait for any PM at all? Several others at the Black Rifle Subforum have asked for your credentials. Show them, if not to show me.

A lot of braggadocios but no proposed solutions for poor people to get themselves armed and trained? Got it.
He doesn't have them......until he goes on the interweb and creates them!

He needs to check his meter, I'd say he's exceeding the "full of it" amount!

red
TopGun *357sig* Club - #2632
The 10 Ring #00720

R.I.P. Cajunator® ~ R.I.P. JTull7
R.I.P. Mullah (aka El_Ron1) ~ R.I.P. GioaJack ~ R.I.P. Okie

Last edited by redbaron007; 01-08-2013 at 16:40..
redbaron007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 16:50   #164
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron007 View Post
He doesn't have them......until he goes on the interweb and creates them!

He needs to check his meter, I'd say he's exceeding the "full of it" amount!

red
Youths nowadays...what are you gonna do?

He'll learn in another decade or two.
Old 01-08-2013, 17:01   #165
mjkeat

All that is answered in prior posts.

Last edited by mjkeat; 01-08-2013 at 17:05..
mjkeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 17:13   #166
mjkeat

Fn you've already been outed as a fake by bmoore.

And if you recall I'm the one pushing to make it mandatory to post up credentials in order to post. If I had something to hide why would i do such things? I wouldn't. Still waiting on you fnfal from quite a while ago.

Old 01-08-2013, 17:39   #167
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Fn you've already been outed as a fake by bmoore.
Who?

Quote:
And if you recall I'm the one pushing to make it mandatory to post up credentials in order to post. If I had something to hide why would i do such things? I wouldn't. Still waiting on you fnfal from quite a while ago.

Then be the first. Post your credentials. Lead by example, you should know that from your Army experience.
Old 01-08-2013, 19:47   #168
raxar
Golliwog

Quote:
Show me someone that you think can't afford a used quality firearm and I'll show you a person that wastes money on luxuries.

When you can string together a few words into a proper sentence you can approach me about one misspelled word.

You'll never get it as you don't posses the capacity to do so. Not your fault. Genetics?
you know, I've been thinking about this for a while, and given that this thread has dragged on I've decided to go with it.

Any time you want to have a postal match between the gun of your choice and one of my hi-points I will be game.

Doing nothing is a choice....
raxar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 23:05   #169
Snaps
Hail 2 The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
so that's NOT where that line was heading? Damn I thought I had it
Old 01-08-2013, 23:21   #170
Snaps
Hail 2 The King

wait, we're playing the what if thing? WHat if the gun is just to screw around with? EEK!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:39   #171
mjkeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by raxar View Post
you know, I've been thinking about this for a while, and given that this thread has dragged on I've decided to go with it.

Any time you want to have a postal match between the gun of your choice and one of my hi-points I will be game.
I don't understand this way of thinking. What does your sample of one (1) prove? Nothing other than you got lucky.

Now if you set down w/ 50 hi-points and ran them all in a controlled environment in exactly the same manner, keeping accurate data of the events, then that'll mean something.

Some low round count accuracy test of one (1) handgun proves nothing.

It also does nothing to disprove my earlier stated observations. The 3 hi-points I've come into contact w/ have all been malfunction machines. There's not a single emotional/overly defensive argument that can change that.

You all keep going in circles yet nobody can provide anything of substance.
Old 01-09-2013, 20:14   #172
raxar
Golliwog

Quote:
I don't understand this way of thinking. What does your sample of one (1) prove? Nothing other than you got lucky.

Now if you set down w/ 50 hi-points and ran them all in a controlled environment in exactly the same manner, keeping accurate data of the events, then that'll mean something.

Some low round count accuracy test of one (1) handgun proves nothing.

I have 4, and one stallard which is a pre hi-point-hi-point. Maybe I got lucky 5 times? oh, throw in the jennings 9, which also shoots very well and its 6. or perhaps...

"If the axe is dull and its edge unsharpened, more strength is needed, but skill will bring success”

Quote:
It also does nothing to disprove my earlier stated observations. The 3 hi-points I've come into contact w/ have all been malfunction machines. There's not a single emotional/overly defensive argument that can change that.

You all keep going in circles yet nobody can provide anything of substance.

I offer a real world experiment and you call it an "emotional argument". Way to represent!

Old 01-09-2013, 21:14   #173
meathead19

Quit feeding the troll.

If you own a functioning hi point, you know it functions. No matter how much the troll says it won't.

You, the owner of that particular gun, know it will fire when called upon.

If you trust that weapon (because it passed your test) no one should change your mind. Who cares what the troll says???
It's YOUR hi point that works FFS!!!

Last edited by meathead19; 01-09-2013 at 21:28..
meathead19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 21:34   #174
mjkeat

What does accuracy have to do w/ function? I can have a firearm that malfunctions every other round and still shoot one ragged hole. This conversation was never about accuracy. It was about function.

If you have one that functions that's great. My experience is the complete opposite. There's a reason a lot of gun shops do not sell hi-points.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:41   #175
Snaps
Hail 2 The King

Quote:
This conversation was never about accuracy. It was about function.
No, not at all really, never was. I know because I started it. Conversation was about a cheap toy for random range fun and just for the hell of it because its cheap. Your the only one talking about combat function
Old 01-10-2013, 06:40   #176
bac1023

Exactly, it was just a curiosity thread. People are allowed to buy guns just for the hell of it. It doesn't always need to be about combat or defense.

That's exactly why I bought one. I was curious. Why that's so hard to understand for certain people, I don't know.

...not that I ever give two damns about someone else's opinion anyway. I never really have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:34   #177
CajunBass

Send a message via AIM to CajunBass
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Exactly, it was just a curiosity thread. People are allowed to buy guns just for the hell of it. It doesn't always need to be about combat or defense.

That's exactly why I bought one. I was curious. Why that's so hard to understand for certain people, I don't know.

...not that I ever give two damns about someone else's opinion anyway. I never really have.
Back when I first started reading these boards, there was a fellow on "The Firing Line" who absolutly HATED Hi-Points. I figure at some point a Hi-Point took his lunch money, kicked sand in his face, AND stold his best girlfriend or something. Man, he just frothed at the mouth when he cussed Hi-Points. It was almost a religious crusade for him.

Now, you have to understand that at that time I had never heard of Hi-Point but I figured NOTHING could be as bad as he said they were, so I bought one just to see for myself. In MY experience they're not bad at all. I had a lot of fun shooting it.
John 3:16 (NKJV)

Last edited by CajunBass; 01-10-2013 at 07:36..
CajunBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:03   #178
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
Back when I first started reading these boards, there was a fellow on "The Firing Line" who absolutly HATED Hi-Points. I figure at some point a Hi-Point took his lunch money, kicked sand in his face, AND stold his best girlfriend or something. Man, he just frothed at the mouth when he cussed Hi-Points. It was almost a religious crusade for him.

Now, you have to understand that at that time I had never heard of Hi-Point but I figured NOTHING could be as bad as he said they were, so I bought one just to see for myself. In MY experience they're not bad at all. I had a lot of fun shooting it.
They are certainly worlds better than the other new guns in the same price range.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 15:45   #179
raxar
Golliwog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
No, not at all really, never was. I know because I started it. Conversation was about a cheap toy for random range fun and just for the hell of it because its cheap. Your the only one talking about combat function
If you're still looking for a hi-point may I suggest

I bought a .40 a while back I intend on converting whenever I get around to it.

Old 02-15-2013, 22:29   #180
Snaps
Hail 2 The King

Finally, got a message on my phone that they got a couple in. One's been put aside for me. I shall have it in the next couple days!!!

Soon to be Hi-Point owner here !

Those of you with the first hand experience and such, thanks for the input. For those who blindly hate 'em, I know a bunch of people who hate those plastic piece of crap glocks too