SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-09-2013, 20:16   #76
6forsure

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
You didnt by any chance go off at work about your wifes traffic ticket that had you irate a couple weeks back did ya ???

0r your threatening of your young step son with jail?
Old 01-09-2013, 20:19   #77
High Altitude

It really is terrible that the whole country is being pussified.

I would talk to a lawyer and update my resume.

Good Luck!

Wouldn't hurt to bring your kid into the office and play show and tell with your co workers before work etc..... so they can see another side of you that they probably relate more with etc....

Last edited by High Altitude; 01-09-2013 at 20:21..
High Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 20:22   #78
The Fist Of Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
Common tactic used by police and other professional interrogators, denying use of restroom facilities. Sometimes it results in the subject messing themselves.
Yeah. Except she wasn't in custody. We were interviewing her in her house. Good try, though.:rolleyes:

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited by The Fist Of Goodness; 01-09-2013 at 20:23..
The Fist Of Goodness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 20:38   #79
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
But apparently because I walk with my head up high, I look people in the eye when I speak to them and I speak with confidence and a deep solid resonating voice (what my woman tells me) I am intimidating and I have to "tone it down".

I had a very difficult time keeping my cool at this point of the conversation.
Hmm, one line follows the other in your post. Perhaps there is more to it than the way you walk & talk.
FLIPPER 348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 20:50   #80
racer11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
The law is the law.

There was a chick at work who threatened to complain to HR about me for sexual something or another because I had a picture of my then very hot girlfriend in skimpy outfit on my computer screen. She at the same time had on her computer screen a photo of a firemen calendar that had the firemen half dressed in their various uniforms and in sexy poses. So I told her that I'd make the same complaint to HR about her because I've found the photos of half naked men sexually offensive.

I also told her that she may be a woman but she's also white while I'm a veteran AND an oriental. My two minorities protected groups outweighs her one.
Let me guess,,,,she was how much overweight and jealous of the pic on your screen [laughing] women get that way you know ?
Old 01-09-2013, 20:58   #81
countrygun

I always thought "intimidating" was a matter of personality not plumbing. that goes for both sides, the intimidated and the intimidator.

I bet my ex wife's female lawyer could intimidate a few men.

(and before you ask, 'No she didn't intimidate me because I didn't give a ****")
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 21:13   #82
UtahIrishman
BLR

I was told one time at work that I was intimidating; a long time ago and a different job. I was absolutely floored. I'm not that big a guy, and I'm always nice to people, sometimes too nice.

Then come to find out that the woman who accused me of being intimidating had some serious drug and emotional issues.

The owner just shrugged and let it go. I left about a year later for much different reasons

----
UtahIrishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 21:41   #83
G23Gen4TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fist Of Goodness View Post
Pics of your girlfriend, or it didn't happen. :D

The Okie Corral
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 21:42   #84
G23Gen4TX

This thread is funny. I'd wear an NRA shirt to work the next day.

Oh, and a red clown's nose as well.
G23Gen4TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 21:46   #85
gjk5
Pinche Gringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huaco Kid View Post
My unintended glaze is focused upon you.

I don't even know I'm doing it.

Go away, and tell your supervisor.

Write me up.

You live in the wrong state.
wait, what?

I officially love this thread. Too much studliness for real lifes.
gjk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 22:12   #86
automatic slim
Walmart Shopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursetim View Post
I got the same thing in nursing school. I didn't find out that 1-2 of the instructors felt this way until I had graduated. Of course they tried to kick me out at one point. I survived and so will you. You will adapt as needed, you're human, it's what we do.
No offense, I'm sure you're purty and all, but you don't sound like my kinda nurse.....

What a crappy chameleon.
automatic slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 22:20   #87
G19Tony
CLM Number 3
Sneet

Quote:
The law is the law.

There was a chick at work who threatened to complain to HR about me for sexual something or another because I had a picture of my then very hot girlfriend in skimpy outfit on my computer screen. She at the same time had on her computer screen a photo of a firemen calendar that had the firemen half dressed in their various uniforms and in sexy poses. So I told her that I'd make the same complaint to HR about her because I've found the photos of half naked men sexually offensive.

I also told her that she may be a woman but she's also white while I'm a veteran AND an oriental. My two minorities protected groups outweighs her one.
That chick? She didn't dig it.

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of those who threaten it.

"What's the point of living the majority of your life preparing for that last little bit?"

G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 22:30   #88
Fox
Varmit Control

Quote:
Call HR and complain that you've been harassed. You're protected under the Veterans status, so get it on record now about your fellow employees discriminating against you. Two can play at that game.
Excellent advice!

Be sure to contact some veterans groups. They have case workers that can help you with this sort of thing.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 22:41   #89
OfficerChris
L.A. fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to OfficerChris
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkdweller22 View Post
I've had this issue as well. Just like you I was floored when I was told that I intimidate folks at work. Typically I'm pleasant in dealing with others' but I speak and carry myself with confidence, I'm sure that's a big part of it. I think that working in IT exacerbates that (computer nerds, etc.)

What I did was ask for specifics. EG: To whom am I intimidating? What about me is intimidating? You know, I can't change something if I don't know where I'm going wrong, right?
I got the deer in the headlights look and a bunch of blabbering excuses without any of my questions answered.
In the end I requested that all references to the subject be removed from my review, since I was given no details or path to resolution. I refused to sign the review until that was done, otherwise I'd approach HR. It worked, my supervisor immediately removed any references to intimidation and the subject was never broached again.

I hope this helps.

... One more thing, I do work in the private sector in a right to work state so if it worked for me it may very well work for you.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
so your supervisor was intimidated too lol.

Oh man, only in the US..

OfficerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 23:12   #90
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock20 10mm View Post
So Monday I had a meeting with my boss (we have one every week or two to touch base and see where projects are going and what's coming up and so forth) and I get the normal "you're doing a great job!", "I am pleased with the data accuracy..." and so forth. Great! I am doing above and beyond and holding high standards for my job.

Then I get this bomb dropped on me... "There have been some complaints that you are intimidating people by your presence."

What did you just say boss? It appears that I am too masculine for where I work and that because I carry myself with confidence (I am not a small man, nor excessively large, 6'3" @ 215lbs) people are intimidated by me. I am polite and cordial when speaking to people. But apparently because I walk with my head up high, I look people in the eye when I speak to them and I speak with confidence and a deep solid resonating voice (what my woman tells me) I am intimidating and I have to "tone it down".

I had a very difficult time keeping my cool at this point of the conversation. But I made my point clear, I was raised in a Marine family with Marine discipline and pride. I was raised to be proud of who and what I am and to be confident in my abilities in life. I was raised to speak with pride and to be heard clearly and to not be ashamed of my ability to speak clearly. I then served 14 years before being medically separated, in the Navy and further solidified my confidence and pride.

I will not change who I am just because someone wets their pants at my presence. I was clear that this was out of line and that if this came up again I would pursue legal action. My boss pretty much agrees with me, but he has to tell me what's going on. Anyhow the conversation continued and apparently they have wimpification classes... and I have been signed up for a couple. I am not happy about it at all.

Yes, I still have my job. My superiors all know who I am and know I am a good man with solid conviction and I get the job done, on time and correct. But with this new bit of info I will be stepping up my search for a new job. But I ask myself... will it be any better anywhere else I go?
Do you carry that Glock 20 when you go to work? CCW'ing a 10mm could be part of it.

Sent from the Duke City using OHM
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 23:53   #91
Foxterriermom

I like manly men. Bonus points for wearing a kilt! (Do you wear it to work?)
Foxterriermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:48   #92
SouthpawG26

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjk5 View Post
wait, what?

I officially love this thread. Too much studliness for real lifes.
I must admit that I'm completely in touch with my feminine side.

In fact, I'm touching it this very moment....I'm typing one handed.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:00   #93
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

I wouldn't worry about it. Sounds like nothing formal has happened. Yeah, maybe not a horrible idea to go to HR, but then it may escalate (which doesn't seem like what you want). I also work at a College, and my boss (who I like, and who I go shooting with on a regular basis), always kids around publicly that he'll do whatever I tell him to because otherwise I'll kick his ass. (he knows my martial arts background). Whatever. It is ok if you're bigger, tougher, stronger than your colleagues. Face it, most academia types don't lift weights, don't shoot guns, don't do much other than nerd/geek stuff. We're going to be tougher than them, and they know it. I just embrace it, and don't worry about it. But again, maybe I'm lucky because I can go out to the local range and shoot with my boss. (I tried to get him into some martial arts/sparring, but he wimped out). People in academia are generally pretty accepting of who you are. They don't expect everyone to be the same. I think if you stick with it, you'll be ok. Let them label you "tough guy" or whatever. Just do your job, hold your head high, and be proud!
Louisville Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:52   #94
Santa CruZin
RIP Mr. Mayor

I like the 'turnabout is fair play' approach suggested early in this thread.

Santa Cruz reminds me of Paris - a beautiful place with an infestation problem.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:08   #95
GreenDrake
Rip Lips

Document document document. You could be getting set up. If they give you some "training" options in the near future, you ARE being set up. Time to go on the offensive and do some extra work to amplify your usefulness.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:22   #96
JohnBT
NRA Patron

"I speak with confidence and a deep solid resonating voice (what my woman tells me)"

I'm just some old retired guy who used to work for the state, but a liberal college environment is no place to use the phrase "my woman" - it brands you as a sexist, etc, etc, male chauvinist pig in this modern age we live in.

I wouldn't even recommend singing the Temptations song 'My Girl' at work.

John
JohnBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:32   #97
OctoberRust
Anti-Federalist

Quote:
The law is the law.

but was she hot, falman?
OctoberRust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:08   #98
paul45
old crank

As I sit typing, fixing my keyboard with a steely gaze, I am fully erect...sitting upright, that is...thinking to my imposing self in a deep solid resonate voice....

I have never read such self serving crap in a long time!

Some of you studs are really quite humorous.
paul45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:47   #99
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
but was she hot, falman?
She was short, fat and ugly. If she were hot, I would have been all over it like white on rice.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:49   #100
Roering
Sorting nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6forsure View Post
0r your threatening of your young step son with jail?
Or about your wife not paying "her" property taxes?