SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:15   #1
LockHavenYellow
Flyin' Low

BREAKING: Biden Suggests Executive Order

Fox News: "BREAKING NEWS: Vice President Joe Biden says President Obama could use executive action -- and bypass Congress -- to toughen gun control laws."

Welp, it's over.

Tyranny.

NRA Life Member
GOA Member
LockHavenYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:17   #2
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Jambog!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:25   #3
fgutie35

It sounds like he got schooled by the NRA and now he is going back crying to his older brother stick up for him.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:46   #4
Eric
Big Giant Head

Good grief. If I hear one person say 'Well, it is over', before it has even properly begun, I am going to kick someone's cat. Nothing has been decided. Hell, nothing has really even been proposed yet. Perhaps we can wait to yelp and gnash our teeth until something of substance has actually happened.

We are NOT simply a bunch of children waiting for daddy to punish us for some transgression. Aside from the fact that we have done nothing wrong, we are adult Americans with rights and with a considerable amount of political juice on our side. We also, every one of us, have some muscle of our own to flex. Write letters. Let your political officials know how one of their voters feel and DON'T do it with a form letter. If you were in their place, would you bother to read a form letter? Tell them how you feel, in your own words.

Let's not abandon the ship just yet.
- Roger Hodgson
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:48   #5
nmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Good grief. If I hear one person say 'Well, it is over', before it has even properly begun, I am going to kick someone's cat.

People are looking at me...
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:49   #6
LockHavenYellow
Flyin' Low

Kick all the cats you want; I hate cats.

If you don't think that this government is hellbent on sealing this forever, I'd love to have a pint - or a truckload - of whatever you're having.

Further, to think that politicians give a red cent about what we citizens want is nothing short of naive.

But kudos on being an optimist.

NRA Life Member
GOA Member

Last edited by LockHavenYellow; 01-09-2013 at 12:50..
Old 01-09-2013, 12:49   #7
Sharkey

Exec. action was the term used and he was speaking to "gun victims". Interesting phrasing right? Gotta rule by fiat when the constitution is in the way. I am sure he learned that from Alinsky.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:52   #8
Eric
Big Giant Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockHavenYellow View Post
Kick all the cats you want; I hate cats.

If you don't think that this government is hellbent on sealing this forever, I'd love to have a pint - or a truckload - of whatever you're having.

Further, to think that politicians give a red cent about what we citizens want is nothing short of naive.

But kudos on being an optimist.
If you want to roll over and show your belly, more power to you. We are not powerless. If we were, we would be, I don't know, French. We are Americans and we have rights. Exercise those rights or lose them. Eric
- Roger Hodgson
Old 01-09-2013, 12:54   #9
LockHavenYellow
Flyin' Low

Quote:
If you want to roll over and show your belly, more power to you. We are not powerless. If we were, we would be, I don't know, French. We are Americans and we have rights. Exercise those rights or lose them. Eric
My comments have been misunderstood - I'm not admitting defeat. I'm pointing out the fact that the government has jumped the shark and they've clearly decided to tyrannically overstep their power and force us into a whole new realm of fighting for our freedoms.

NRA Life Member
GOA Member
Old 01-09-2013, 12:57   #10
Little Joe

Quote:

Welp, it's over.

Tyranny.
You might as well go hang yourself now.
Little Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:58   #11
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Good grief. If I hear one person say 'Well, it is over', before it has even properly begun, I am going to kick someone's cat. Nothing has been decided. Hell, nothing has really even been proposed yet. Perhaps we can wait to yelp and gnash our teeth until something of substance has actually happened.

We are NOT simply a bunch of children waiting for daddy to punish us for some transgression. Aside from the fact that we have done nothing wrong, we are adult Americans with rights and with a considerable amount of political juice on our side. We also, every one of us, have some muscle of our own to flex. Write letters. Let your political officials know how one of their voters feel and DON'T do it with a form letter. If you were in their place, would you bother to read a form letter? Tell them how you feel, in your own words.

Finally, some sense in this argument.

Our saving grace, might be the nations fiscal crisis. They're going to have their hands full with that one, and I'm not sure they can fit gun control (which will no doubt be very contentious debate) into the session.

IGF
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 13:00   #12
LockHavenYellow
Flyin' Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post

Our saving grace, might be the nations fiscal crisis. They're going to have their hands full with that one, and I'm not sure they can fit gun control (which will no doubt be very contentious debate) into the session.

IGF
You understand that an executive order bypasses congress, correct?

NRA Life Member
GOA Member
Old 01-09-2013, 13:01   #13
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
You understand that an executive order bypasses congress, correct?
You understand that an executive order has a very limited scope in what it can do, right?

Sent from the USS Sulaco.
Old 01-09-2013, 13:02   #14
Eric
Big Giant Head

Quote:
My comments have been misunderstood - I'm not admitting defeat. I'm pointing out the fact that the government has jumped the shark and they've clearly decided to tyrannically overstep their power and force us into a whole new realm of fighting for our freedoms.
Everything they do has to stand up to scrutiny. To judicial review. The checks and balances built into our constitution work. Obama can't simply pull a rabbit out of his hat and shove it up our collective ass. This nation doesn't work that way.

Keep in mind too that while Obama may not have to worry too much about losing political capital now, but all those other democrats surrounding him would probably like to avoid losing their seat at the pork barrel. Most of those career pols are not going to commit career hari-kari for the Big O. The flip-side of this being Obama's last term means that he will have nothing to offer those career pols(Including political protection), come the next election. They will be on their own. Eric
- Roger Hodgson
Old 01-09-2013, 13:03   #15
LockHavenYellow
Flyin' Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenPlank View Post
You understand that an executive order has a very limited scope in what it can do, right?

Sent from the USS Sulaco.
Yes, I do. But when you have Eric Holder in on gun control negotiations, they've pretty much sent the message that they don't care one lick about laws/orders. They'll make it happen regardless from their perspective.

NRA Life Member
GOA Member
Old 01-09-2013, 13:04   #16
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:

I've often pictured Eric looking like this, but with a bigger head.

Old 01-09-2013, 13:04   #17
LockHavenYellow
Flyin' Low

Wouldn't it be convenient if a SCOTUS justice was replaced by a new, democratic justice? Will take a long time, but it's a thought/possibility.

And yes, I placed my tin foil hat on my head while typing this.

NRA Life Member
GOA Member
Old 01-09-2013, 13:08   #18
.45Super-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyGunFreak View Post

IGF

The 'fiscal crisis' has been engineered and will become the 'national crisis' necessary to push marshall law through. Marshall law is the shortest, quickest way to confiscation for them. There must be a 'national crisis' to suspend 'posse comitatus', first.

Last edited by .45Super-Man; 01-09-2013 at 13:13..
.45Super-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 13:09   #19
G21

Quote:
Everything they do has to stand up to scrutiny. To judicial review. The checks and balances built into our constitution work. Obama can't simply pull a rabbit out of his hat and shove it up our collective ass. This nation doesn't work that way.

Keep in mind too that while Obama may not have to worry too much about losing political capital now, but all those other democrats surrounding him would probably like to avoid losing their seat at the pork barrel. Most of those career pols are not going to commit career hari-kari for the Big O. The flip-side of this being Obama's last term means that he will have nothing to offer those career pols(Including political protection), come the next election. They will be on their own. Eric
Good point, it's true that Obama may be in "nothing to lose" mode in his second term, but there are a whole lot of democrats (and Republicans) that are worried about re-election. The post-94 elections are not forgotten....
Niners Club #950-G17 FXxxx US-Advantage Arms kit for G17
Sold G21 ACCxxx US
Finally old enough to know how much I don't know.
G21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 13:14   #20
Eric
Big Giant Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by .45Super-Man View Post
The 'fiscal crisis' has been engineered and will become the 'national crisis' necessary to push marshall law through. Marshall law is the shortest, quickest way to confiscation for them.

This is twice in one thread, but good grief. Some of you guys should write political thrillers, or take Lithium, or both. Eric

BTW, it is Martial Law.
- Roger Hodgson
Old 01-09-2013, 13:16   #21
jay29

HIGH NOON: SHERIFF BIDEN, NRA SHOWDOWN...
'The president is going to act'...
BANG BANG: CUOMO TO ANNOUNCE SWEEPING GUN LAWS...
Clinton Turns Tech Speech Into Gun Rant...
Iowa lawmaker calls for confiscation...
CT lawmaker calls for background checks to buy ammo...
Gun sales soar in Atlanta...
'Folks are grabbing just about any gun they can get their hands on'...

=======

The battle has begun. They should pass a law saying whoever voted for Obama should be required to turn in their weapons.
jay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 13:23   #22
humanguerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by .45Super-Man View Post
The 'fiscal crisis' has been engineered and will become the 'national crisis' necessary to push marshall law through. Marshall law is the shortest, quickest way to confiscation for them.
Who is he/she? I too believe short, quick people shouldn't be underestimated but I don't think they could take our guns.

Last edited by humanguerrilla; 01-09-2013 at 13:25..
humanguerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 13:27   #23
Joshhtn
Rastaman!

Quote:
This is twice in one thread, but good grief. Some of you guys should write political thrillers, or take Lithium, or both. Eric

BTW, it is Martial Law.

I couldn't agree more.

Quote:
Dude, you are ****ing banned.
Joshhtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 13:27   #24
mortpes

Please go to https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions and go to firearms and sign the various firearms petitions there. Thank you.
mortpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 13:28   #25
LockHavenYellow
Flyin' Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
Please go to https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions and go to firearms and sign the various firearms petitions there. Thank you.
Already did, but our opinions have zero weight in DC.

NRA Life Member
GOA Member