GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 14:16   #1
JLe˛dhas
Alba gu brÓth!!
 
JLe˛dhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NW Alabama
Posts: 287
Roll tide!!!

That is all, carry on.
__________________
Jason Le˛dhas
JLe˛dhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 14:20   #2
Jgurske
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 60
Hate to break it to you, but every ND coach that ever won a national title won it in their third year. Brian Kelly is in his third year.

Sorry, but you can't defeat the alignment of the stars.


Bet every penny you own on Notre Dame getting +9 points!!!!!

Last edited by Jgurske; 01-07-2013 at 14:25..
Jgurske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 14:24   #3
SpoiledBySig
Senior Member
 
SpoiledBySig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Port St. Lucie, FL
Posts: 1,888
This one is just too close for me to call. I wouldn't money on either.
__________________
That's my story...and i'm stickin' to it!!!
SpoiledBySig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 14:28   #4
Jgurske
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBySig View Post
This one is just too close for me to call. I wouldn't money on either.

God, you are a spineless wimp. I just told you that in 130 years of college football every ND Champ coach won it in the 3rd year. This is the ND coaches third year. It's in the stars, it is already written. Bet every penny on Notre Dame! Bet your house! Bet your wife! Bet your children! Bet your 401k!!!!

Notre Dame wins tonight.....GUARANTEED!!!!!!
Jgurske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 14:32   #5
Altaris
Senior Member
 
Altaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Round Rock, TX
Posts: 11,191
Roll Tide! ...this one time


Though I do think my Aggies would beat either team playing tonight
__________________
To Alcohol !
The cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems
-Homer Simpson-
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 14:47   #6
czsmithGT
Senior Member
 
czsmithGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,390
I hope it is a great game. Unfortunately, Mirko Jurkovic, a freshman on ND's last national championship team, won't be able to be there to see it.

Go Irish!

Mirko Jurkovic as positive as always entering final days

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...national-title
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 15:01   #7
mrmedina
NRA Member
 
mrmedina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Albuquerque,NM
Posts: 2,109
Roll Tide!
__________________

Big Dawg #1406, Sub Club #104
Kalashnikov Klub# 1105, Black Rifle Forum #1105
mrmedina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 15:10   #8
adamg01
Senior Member
 
adamg01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: va
Posts: 3,326
War Irish!!!
adamg01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 15:12   #9
Harleyman05
Member
 
Harleyman05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 23
Rtr...
Harleyman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 15:17   #10
BearMBD
Senior Member
 
BearMBD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tecumseh, Michigan
Posts: 193
RTR. that is all that needs to be said.
BearMBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 15:19   #11
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot
 
Geko45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Short final
Posts: 13,370


Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
Though I do think my Aggies would beat either team playing tonight
The Aggies did beat Alabama this year. That's why I'm hoping Alabama wins, so we can say we defeated the national champs!

Whoop! Gig 'em Ags!

err... I mean roll tide...



You know what the Aggies and the moon have in common don't ya?

They both control the tide...
__________________
CavDoc: "If you have to pretend that a person with a different opinion has an opinion other than his own in order to score points in an argument, you've forfeited any points that you pretended to have."
CavDoc: "You consider yourself as non-religious, and I consider you a religious zealot."

JBnTX: "Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. [...] Christianity should be the only religion protected under the constitution, and congress shall make no law restricting its practice."

Last edited by Geko45; 01-07-2013 at 15:19..
Geko45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 15:22   #12
RichJ
Senior Member
 
RichJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,732
I love ND but they have been way, way overhyped this year. The only reason they are in the Championship game is because 1.) they are Notre Dame, and 2.) they are undefeated.

Who have they beaten that was worth a darn? USC? Please; they suck. Stanford? Stanford is good but not great and ND barely won that game. Oklahoma? A&M exposed them as the suck too. Who does that leave? Navy, Purdue, Pitt?

A one loss Oregon or Kansas State could probably beat ND by 15 or 20. Bama is going to beat them soundly but I beleive Saban has a lot of respect for the tradition of ND and won't run up the score no mater how ugly it gets.

Bama by 17. Book it.
RichJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 15:56   #13
jbp84
Senior Member
 
jbp84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Central Illinois
Posts: 136
I agree with most of what you say (and I'm a Notre Dame fan) except for them being "way way overhyped" this year. They didn't even start the season ranked in the top 25. Most seasons they come in ranked and don't deserve it. How were they overhyped? They didn't play the toughest schedule possible but it certainly wasn't the easiest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichJ View Post
I love ND but they have been way, way overhyped this year. The only reason they are in the Championship game is because 1.) they are Notre Dame, and 2.) they are undefeated.

Who have they beaten that was worth a darn? USC? Please; they suck. Stanford? Stanford is good but not great and ND barely won that game. Oklahoma? A&M exposed them as the suck too. Who does that leave? Navy, Purdue, Pitt?

A one loss Oregon or Kansas State could probably beat ND by 15 or 20. Bama is going to beat them soundly but I beleive Saban has a lot of respect for the tradition of ND and won't run up the score no mater how ugly it gets.

Bama by 17. Book it.
__________________

jbp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 16:00   #14
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out
 
HerrGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 64,418


Roll Tide!
The Okie Corral
__________________
Sent from my rotary phone
"The way I see it as soon as a baby is born, he should be issued a banjo!"- Linus Van Pelt
UNIX - Not just for Vestal Virgins any more
HerrGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 16:01   #15
dango
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,547
Red-Necks -vs- Irishmen........Hmmm?
dango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 16:04   #16
rolltide_pisco
NRA Life Member
 
rolltide_pisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Western Kentucky
Posts: 1,204
Roll Tide Roll. Got a pizza in the oven watching ESPN
__________________
Glock 19 Gen4, Glock 27 Gen4
Del-Ton DTI-15 Echo MOE, Ruger 10/22
Kentucky CCDW License
Black Rifle Club #270
rolltide_pisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 16:25   #17
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,162
Blog Entries: 3
Bama 35
ND 10
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 16:40   #18
czsmithGT
Senior Member
 
czsmithGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichJ View Post
I love ND but they have been way, way overhyped this year. The only reason they are in the Championship game is because 1.) they are Notre Dame, and 2.) they are undefeated.

Who have they beaten that was worth a darn? USC? Please; they suck. Stanford? Stanford is good but not great and ND barely won that game. Oklahoma? A&M exposed them as the suck too. Who does that leave? Navy, Purdue, Pitt?

A one loss Oregon or Kansas State could probably beat ND by 15 or 20. Bama is going to beat them soundly but I beleive Saban has a lot of respect for the tradition of ND and won't run up the score no mater how ugly it gets.

Bama by 17. Book it.
All any team can do is beat the teams on their schedule. Before the season started ND looked to have the hardest schedule in the country, but Miami, Michigan State and Oklahoma and USC didn't cooperate- nothing ND can do about that. At least they didn't schedule Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic and Western Carolina.

Michigan wasn't at their best this year but they could easily have won their bowl game against South Carolina. Stanford is one of the five best teams right now, maybe on of the two the best who knows.

Oregon would probably be playing in the championship game but they forgot to win all their games. They would kill Alabama and maybe ND. But they didn't earn the chance to try. I would have voted a one loss Oregon team ahead of a one loss Alabama team but the SEC bias took care of that.

I just wish ND had the chance to play the best SEC team instead of Alabama for the championship. Unfortunately A&M didn't get the chance. Football isn't always fair. Whatever. I have no idea how the game will go- obviously I hope ND wins but I'm not stupid enough to guarantee or even predict a victory. After all, I'm just a fan, not a member of the team or coaching staff so I have no control over the situation. I will predict that Saban won't have to have his QB take knees to start the second half in an attempt to keep it from being a rout.
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 16:43   #19
sr556m9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 221
Roll Tide!
sr556m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 16:45   #20
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus
 
Mayhem like Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 15,162
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by czsmithGT View Post
All any team can do is beat the teams on their schedule. Before the season started ND looked to have the hardest schedule in the country, but Miami, Michigan State and Oklahoma and USC didn't cooperate- nothing ND can do about that. At least they didn't schedule Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic and Western Carolina.

Michigan wasn't at their best this year but they could easily have won their bowl game against South Carolina. Stanford is one of the five best teams right now, maybe on of the two the best who knows.

Oregon would probably be playing in the championship game but they forgot to win all their games. They would kill Alabama and maybe ND. But they didn't earn the chance to try. I would have voted a one loss Oregon team ahead of a one loss Alabama team but the SEC bias took care of that.

I just wish ND had the chance to play the best SEC team instead of Alabama for the championship. Unfortunately A&M didn't get the chance. Football isn't always fair. Whatever. I have no idea how the game will go- obviously I hope ND wins but I'm not stupid enough to guarantee or even predict a victory. After all, I'm just a fan, not a member of the team or coaching staff so I have no control over the situation. I will predict that Saban won't have to have his QB take knees to start the second half in an attempt to keep it from being a rout.
Oregon would lose to Georgia and Alabama.. The two best teams played a few weeks ago you will see tonight..
__________________
How do you establish intent?
Well when a naked man is chasing a woman down an alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he's not collecting for the red cross...Inspector H. Callahan
Mayhem like Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 16:48   #21
RedTop
Senior Member
 
RedTop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Red-Necks -vs- Irishmen........Hmmm?
I don't think you'll find much of either actually playing the game.
RedTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 16:50   #22
czsmithGT
Senior Member
 
czsmithGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 9,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
Oregon would lose to Georgia and Alabama.. The two best teams played a few weeks ago you will see tonight..
Oregon won't play Georgia or Alabama, so how will I see anything about that tonight? Is Oregon playing a game tonight I didn't hear about?
czsmithGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 16:52   #23
NEVRL8T
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
Posts: 153
No way Notre Dame wins tonight! Go SEC!

Last edited by NEVRL8T; 01-07-2013 at 16:53..
NEVRL8T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 16:56   #24
Agsuper1
Member
 
Agsuper1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cypress, Tx
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
Roll Tide! ...this one time


Though I do think my Aggies would beat either team playing tonight
Plus 1
Agsuper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 16:59   #25
leadontarget
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chattanooga TN
Posts: 26
Rooooooooooooooollllllllllllllll Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beat em boys!!!!
leadontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:44.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,157
315 Members
842 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42