Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:38   #21
ScottieG59

I have used both blue and red lock tight. Red holds very tightly. To get red lock tight to release, you have to use heat for a few minutes. I think 350 degrees Fahrenheit is the right temperature, but you can do a web search on that. Some use lighters or hot air guns to heat it. The red lock tight will turn white when it is heated enough to release.

I doubt normal use of a pistol will get the red lock tight to its release temperature.
ScottieG59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 13:10   #22
RM686

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieG59 View Post
I have used both blue and red lock tight. Red holds very tightly. To get red lock tight to release, you have to use heat for a few minutes. I think 350 degrees Fahrenheit is the right temperature, but you can do a web search on that. Some use lighters or hot air guns to heat it. The red lock tight will turn white when it is heated enough to release.

I doubt normal use of a pistol will get the red lock tight to its release temperature.
which red did you use 271?
RM686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:24   #23
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

I've always used blue on the front sight screw and it's held just fine, and the one's I've removed with blue applied, it's evident that it's holding the screw in place pretty well. I see no reason to use red.

I know the original post is two years old, but if you order Ameriglo sights from anywhere other than Ameriglo directly, you won't likely get the front sight tool, that seems to be if you order from Ameriglo directly, and their prices are a little higher as well compared to other places online.

Tags
ameriglo, installation, sight tool