Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-19-2012, 20:17   #1
CAcop

mossberg 930 mag tubes

I am looking at getting a mag tube for my home defense model and was wondering which was the better tube Nordic or Choate?
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:57   #2
Ride5C2

I've got the Choate and it works well. I've seen that they are a bit inconsistent though and you may have to trim the provided spring. Nordic on the other hand, from all accounts, is rock solid and great customer support. Both from what I've seen in the forums and fellow shooters at matches.

If I had to do it again, I'd go Nordic, they also have custom end caps where you can further tailor the capacity.
Ride5C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 17:10   #3
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

One of these days I plan on getting a Nordic for mine. Hard to find them in stock if you are looking for a +2 extension.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJYsX1YGiGA
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 16:41   #4
MStarmer
In Jail...

I've got a Nordic on my Benelli and it's fantastic, aren't the Choate 2-piece?
Old 12-24-2012, 19:27   #5
Deployment Solu
Kydex Crafter

Choate is the OEM for Mossberg 930s for a reason. Buy what you want, but Choate also has a great CS dept.

The world needs less victims and more victors!!!!!
Deployment Solu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 16:50   #6
kasper7106

I have a nordic +2 on mine but had to order the Xlarge magazine cap to bring it out flush with the barrel and to hold a full 7 rounds. aslo I am using the stock spring, no problems at all. great fit and finnish.

I found mine at Cactus Tactical
kasper7106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:35   #7
CAcop

Okay so I got the Nordic. Now when I dry fit it to the gun it comes up an inch short. Do the bigger end caps bring it up to size only and not really effect the capacity? All I care is that I get a legit +2 rounds. Now if I have a shot at +3 with a longer cap I might go for it.

Also my gun has a retaining piece or two in the mag tube. It essentially holds the spring in place so it doesn't go flying everywhere. How do I get it out? Some sort of secret handshake? Just yank?
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
Old 12-30-2012, 21:18   #8
kasper7106

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
Okay so I got the Nordic. Now when I dry fit it to the gun it comes up an inch short. Do the bigger end caps bring it up to size only and not really effect the capacity? All I care is that I get a legit +2 rounds. Now if I have a shot at +3 with a longer cap I might go for it.

Also my gun has a retaining piece or two in the mag tube. It essentially holds the spring in place so it doesn't go flying everywhere. How do I get it out? Some sort of secret handshake? Just yank?

yes, the extra large cap will get it close to flush and will allow for a true plus two( depending on the size of the 2 3/4 shells that your using, not all are the same length). as for the retainer, you have to push in the 2 tabs that stick out of the retainer down and under the retainer so they stay down and just pry it out. its pretty simple once you know how to do it. Make sure you hold on to the retainer as it is under pressure ans will go flying. If you have any questions or problems PM me and I will help as much as possible
Old 01-04-2013, 14:07   #9
CAcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper7106 View Post
yes, the extra large cap will get it close to flush and will allow for a true plus two( depending on the size of the 2 3/4 shells that your using, not all are the same length). as for the retainer, you have to push in the 2 tabs that stick out of the retainer down and under the retainer so they stay down and just pry it out. its pretty simple once you know how to do it. Make sure you hold on to the retainer as it is under pressure ans will go flying. If you have any questions or problems PM me and I will help as much as possible
I sent an email to Nordic and they said the standard cap would be true +2. Did you change the follower?
Old 01-04-2013, 22:00   #10
kasper7106

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAcop View Post
I sent an email to Nordic and they said the standard cap would be true +2. Did you change the follower?

no, I kept the same factory follower and spring. The factory spring may not work for you but mine has worked flawlessly