GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:41   #9941
sawgrass

LW, lately I've been thinking that we must be overrun with raccoons based upon the amount of seeds we are going through.

Well......

Last edited by sawgrass; 01-09-2013 at 21:51..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:09   #9942
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
LW, lately I've been thinking that we must be overrun with raccoons based upon the amount of seeds we are going through.

Well......
Is that a turkey?

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 13:33   #9943
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Is that a turkey?
Yes, it's a turkey. I named her Lucy so I guess she can stay. I picked up 50 lbs of corn too. It's a lot cheaper than the sunflower seeds that I buy for the birds.
Old 01-02-2013, 13:49   #9944
sawgrass

Here's a closer picture. When she takes a bite, the snow falls on her. I bet she thinks she's Chicken Little!

Old 01-02-2013, 15:08   #9945
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Yes, it's a turkey. I named her Lucy so I guess she can stay. I picked up 50 lbs of corn too. It's a lot cheaper than the sunflower seeds that I buy for the birds.
I bet!

Just too bad they're not in season........

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.

Last edited by CJStudent; 01-02-2013 at 15:09..
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 15:19   #9946
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

My wife knows how to take care of turkeys!

Okie Memorial Area
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 15:37   #9947
sawgrass

Too late for this one. I named her, so she stays!
She walked across the deck and looked in the patio door
a while ago.

There is a flock of six turkeys that walk around here at least once a day and clean up the bird seed shells. There have been two smaller turkeys that are by themselves. I think this is one of them. She has been alone the last three or so days.

So "Lucy" is now a pet.
Old 01-02-2013, 15:51   #9948
Lady Glock

Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Quote:
Too late for this one. I named her, so she stays!
She walked across the deck and looked in the patio door
a while ago.

There is a flock of six turkeys that walk around here at least once a day and clean up the bird seed shells. There have been two smaller turkeys that are by themselves. I think this is one of them. She has been alone the last three or so days.

So "Lucy" is now a pet.
You have a strange opinion of what makes a pet, but she's cute, so I guess it's excusable!!

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 16:16   #9949
sawgrass

Lady G. is this better? This one is still waiting for LW to pet her til her fur falls off.

Old 01-02-2013, 16:26   #9950
Lady Glock

Quote:
Lady G. is this better? This one is still waiting for LW to pet her til her fur falls off.
She makes me cry...if she were white, she would look just like my baby I lost a little more than a year ago to a violent death. I miss her so much, I cry every time I think of her...like I am now.

Old 01-02-2013, 16:38   #9951
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
She makes me cry...if she were white, she would look just like my baby I lost a little more than a year ago to a violent death. I miss her so much, I cry every time I think of her...like I am now.
Ohhh...Lady G. I'm very sorry to hear that. They become part of us.

I really can't think about something happening to this one or I'll be crying too.
Old 01-03-2013, 16:55   #9952
sawgrass

OK Lone_Wolfe where are you?
Skidoo and SR would normally tell you to come out now.
Old 01-03-2013, 17:02   #9953
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

She's busy buying knives
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 18:52   #9954
Lady Glock

My friends here have been so good at keeping me in their thoughts and prayers and I thank you so much for all the prayers and good thoughts. I went to the doctor and xrays today. The xrays show that I HAVE NOT hurt the surgical site. The continued pain is a concern to them so they are having me go to 12 weeks of physical therapy. They believe the physical therapy will be able to help me get the correct back brace and will also help me get the new tens unit. They believe the therapist will be able to strengthen the muscles and lower the pain level so the meds can be lowered also. I have to find a way to get to 12 weeks of physical therapy now. That's 3 days a week for 12 weeks in a van with no insurance and I can't get tags on it til the insurance is back on it. (The tags expired 12/31) Somehow, I have to believe, God will see me through this…Thank you again for prayers and good thoughts. They truly are appreciated.

Old 01-04-2013, 00:48   #9955
sawgrass

OK LW you weren't here in the middle of the night last night. What's up?

Bob?
Zonny?

It's been over 24 hrs and you used to call someone. I kinda miss those LW stoned calls BTW.

Faawrenchbndr mentioned yesterday how much he cares about you. He's traveling and you are on his mind too.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:00   #9956
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

I never get called anymore, either!
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 16:41   #9957
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
My friends here have been so good at keeping me in their thoughts and prayers and I thank you so much for all the prayers and good thoughts. I went to the doctor and xrays today. The xrays show that I HAVE NOT hurt the surgical site. The continued pain is a concern to them so they are having me go to 12 weeks of physical therapy. They believe the physical therapy will be able to help me get the correct back brace and will also help me get the new tens unit. They believe the therapist will be able to strengthen the muscles and lower the pain level so the meds can be lowered also.…Thank you again for prayers and good thoughts. They truly are appreciated.
Prayers sent.

Quote:
OK Lone_Wolfe where are you?
Skidoo and SR would normally tell you to come out now.
Here I am telling Wolfe to come out of hiding and talk to us. I spoke with her and she is in a lot of pain from her surgery and from the changes she made in her pain meds. She needs prayers that some of the pain will be relieved soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Here's hoping 2013 is a better year for all of you, than 2012 was for me. I'll just say that it was an epic suck year for me. Between losing friends on here, losing Jeff, one of the dearest friends I could ever imagine having, some things I've never mentioned here at all, Silent_Runner's issues, fighting my battle with cancer, I'll just say I'm glad this year is over. One good thig about this, is I can compare it to other years, and appreciate other years. Except the year I got shot, that is.

Here's to a much better 2013!!
I hope you and everyone here have a much better year in 2013.

Quote:
Happy New Year Lone_Wolfe, and everyone else too!

Today is Doggies birthday. She is 13!
Did you bake her a birthday cake?

Quote:
She is darling!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, I’m mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 19:32   #9958
BobInTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Runner View Post
Prayers sent.

Here I am telling Wolfe to come out of hiding and talk to us. I spoke with her and she is in a lot of pain from her surgery and from the changes she made in her pain meds. She needs prayers that some of the pain will be relieved soon.

I hope you and everyone here have a much better year in 2013.

Did you bake her a birthday cake?

She is darling!
I figured she was hurting. She doesn't post when her pain is bad. Or worse than normal. Thanks for letting us know , SR.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 23:50   #9959
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
I figured she was hurting. She doesn't post when her pain is bad. Or worse than normal. Thanks for letting us know , SR.
She's right, I'm still here. And you're right, I sometimes stop posting when I'm hurting worse than usual. Part of it is that I was thinking I'd be more healed up from the surgery by now than I am. It's not a case of anything having gone wrong, more a case of unrealistic expectations and wishful thinking.

Plus, I have it in my head that I should be in better shape mentally than I am now. I know I should be all happy that my cancer is in remission right now, and I am. But the nightmares, lack of sleep, guilt, chest pain and other crap is still hanging around. Not to mention the pain from being gutted like a fish, and in my new boobs.

Pardon my crankiness, I know you folks have spent a lot of time caring about me, and praying for me, and I should be better by now. I'm getting that way, but too slowly for my tastes.

Thanks for listening while I vent.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 00:15   #9960
BobInTX

Vent away, sister.

I think the key phrase here is "gutted like a fish". That's going to take some time to get over. Patience.

I'm sure your mental state isn't helped by your physical pain, so just be aware of that. It'll get better.
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!