Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-16-2012, 08:50   #221
RussP

Thanks to all, again...

A couple days after the funeral, Leigh Anne took the boys on a trip to Hawaii. A new adventure to begin a new phase of their lives. Mike would never have gone there.

See, Mike wouldn't fly commercial. He loved flying. He even applied for the CCPD Aviation Program. He wouldn't fly commercial because they wouldn't let him carry on board the plane.

They had a great time in the islands. First day, it was a helicopter ride over volcano and waterfalls. They went to Mauna Loa at dusk to watch the volcano. The hotel upgraded them to an ocean view room. She took a photo of that view at night and posted this with it.
Quote:
We were upgraded to an ocean view in Honolulu -beautiful sunset tonight. I hope to teach the boys no matter what life hands you, you must still be able to find the beauty in this world. My own father taught me this on his death bed. This lesson will be the key to our survival - because right now, our life is pretty ugly.
I knew her Dad, too. Retired CIA and some other jobs post retirement we can't talk about. He had indeed seen the ugly in this world, but, he knew the beauty - his wife, his daughters, his grandchildren, his friends.

They also went to Pearl Harbor on December 7. Mike was a huge WWII 'scholar'. His uncle flew in the war.

I'll close this post with something else Leigh Anne wrote the day after the funeral.
Quote:
Who meets the love of his/her life like that? Always thought I was so independent and didn't need a man but when I met Mike, that all went out the window. I was truly a lucky woman. Mike and I always saw each other as equal partners. We sacraficed our marriage so we could be home raising the boys. Many nights I sat home alone, missing him. But we always thought we have our time together when the boys got older. Didn't know we'd run out the clock so quickly. But, looking back, it was better he spent his time with the boys than me. You know our kids are amazing. Yesterday, they sat for over an hour and a half during a difficult time yet, they behaved. Mike laid that foundation. He was an excellent father in that he always put their needs first and loved them for who they are and not who he wanted them to be.
As you pray and voice good thoughts for all those in Connecticut, please remember Leigh Anne and the boys.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:47   #222
SwatDawg15

I, too have been away from the forum for a while.. Im sorry its late, but I will be praying for his family, Department, and you. The good always go first it seems.

RIP Mike
SwatDawg15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:01   #223
RussP

Thanks to the Chesterfield PD, the church pre-school and community friends, the boys and Leigh Anne had presents to open this morning. The photo of the tree shows only a portion of them.

Leigh Anne captioned the gingerbread house photo with, "Mark is truly Mike's son. Don't know if you noticed, but those are "cannons that shoot Zombies" around the door of his Gingerbread House."

The most important thing this Christmas can't be captured in an image - the comfort and support they receive from all your prayers, good thoughts and well wishes.

They send their prayers for all who are supporting them and wish you, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"
Attached Thumbnails
Cop Talk - Click for larger version   Cop Talk - Click for larger version  

Old 12-26-2012, 13:35   #224
CarloTwoGuns

Rest In Peace Brother.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:55   #225
RussP

An article written by Mike's cousin...

Cousin's wit, nature touched us all

Old 12-30-2012, 13:26   #226
Davers

May the LORD GOD bless and comfort his family & all who have lost loved one's
Davers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 23:12   #227
lefty60

Prayers for him and all who knew and loved him.
lefty60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:48   #228
RussP

Thank you all!!! When the count went over 10,000 last night, I sent Leigh Anne an email. She is very grateful for the continuing prayers.

Mike had a tradition for New Years Eve. She reminded me about it last night...
Quote:
New Year's Eve is the hardest for me. Every year for the past 12 years, Mike and I kissed at midnight. Even the nights he worked, he somehow managed to get home seconds before the clock struck 12. (Sometimes running into the house) This year will be hard.
He was very proud of that.

I never asked him if he ever ran code to get home...

Old 01-02-2013, 19:49   #229
gtrcivic
Hokie Glocker

RussP

Long time on this forum. Didnt know that my brother knew the same Mike that you did. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. They were workout/gym partners at American Family off Hull St for more than a year. Went to showplace together several times. My brother would always bring up Mike in conversation when it came to guns/doomsday, etc.

We grew up on the southside in the early 80s off Willowbranch by the Chesterfield indoor tennis/racquet club. Old neighbor back then was Sgt Mike Nash who had two german sheperds. Not too far from the funeral home by Food Lion. Not too far from Chest Police Station old/new one. About 8 yrs ago my brother moved out to new Hull St/corridor and met Mike at the gym. My brother was shocked to get a text about Mike when he lapsed into a coma. He even helped Mike move the big safe that his brother/dad?? gave him. My brother would tell me that Mike complained of headaches all summer and at the point where he went to the ER to get checked out and thats where they found the tumor.

Visited him after the surgery several times and was doing well in rehab. And was shocked to hear about his passing. He went to the wake and funeral to see his workout buddy/friend move on to a better place. My brother did say that one of the fellow officers made the everyone laugh in his remembering of Mike at the funeral.

DISARMING GOOD PEOPLE GETS THEM MURDERED.
Molon Labe

Last edited by gtrcivic; 01-02-2013 at 20:16..
gtrcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 19:25   #230
RussP

Thank you all for the continued prayers for Mike's family and friends...

The grieving process for all is going forward.

Leigh Anne posted this today. Mark, 5, just had his BD. I can remember when he was born.
Quote:
Quote:
Dear FB Friends and Family,

As you can imagine, celebrating Mark's birthday has been bittersweet. It helped to have a wonderful friend in Cheri Cheek Campbell and her family who invited Mark to share the birthday party with her son, Tyler. Campbell Family, thank you for welcoming us into your lives. We look forward to sharing many milestones with you.

The second thing I'd like to share is Matthew was invited to spend this past weekend at Comfort Zone Camp (CZC). This nonprofit camp is exclusively for children who have lost parents or siblings. The work these volunteers have done is amazing. Matt was very apprehensive about being left on Friday night, but by Sunday afternoon, he didn't want to leave and was planning his return to camp. For the first time, Matthew actually talked about his father with his "Big" Marvin and broke into tears over Mike's passing.

I urge my friends and family...if you are looking for a place to donate either your time or money, please consider CZC. I am humbled and touched by the amount of growth and healing that has transpired in the past 48 hours. Please honor Mike's memory today by taking a few moments to tell those you love how much they mean to you. All my best, Leigh-Anne.
Bless all of you...

Old 05-22-2013, 10:46   #231
RussP

Last Saturday we passed 6-months since Mike's death. As Leigh Anne and I said to each other, we wish the hole he left was getting smaller.

The boys are inspirations, yet still cry for their dad.

Mike's marker was placed to coincide with Police Memorial Week. He'd of wanted that.

Thank you all for the continuing prayers and good thoughts...

Russ & Mike's Family

Last edited by RussP; 05-23-2013 at 21:42..
Old 05-23-2013, 21:31   #232
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Copy that. Those kind of holes never fill up.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:13   #233
RussP

Tomorrow is a year since Mike passed.

The whole is no smaller.

People still say the dumbest things to his wife.

Th boys are still trying to get back to being boys.

Thanks for all the prayers.

Y'all stay safe, take care of yourselves...

Russ

Old 11-18-2013, 01:44   #234
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Russ, it's the least we can do.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote