GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 07:41   #9921
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289
 
DustyJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Missouri, East of KC
Posts: 6,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
... reconstruction done using fat from my lower belly....
I could get rich being a donor, then.....
__________________
"...our quick technology allows use to indulge our deepest stupidity and tastelessness with out first thinking...."
DustyJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:51   #9922
BobInTX
Senior Member
 
BobInTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,112
Blog Entries: 2
That would be awesome if this fixed your chest pain. I think I told you before I hoped they would see something in there that wasn't right.
__________________
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 16:49   #9923
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Off the Deep End!
Posts: 3,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR!



For once, that's not the announcement after the base I was was on got shelled yet again. That's my biopsy report. Yep, remission. For now, at least, I'm a Breast Cancer Survivor. I'll have to be checked every few months for the next 3 years, then every year at least for the rest of my life. Cured? Maybe, maybe not. I have about a 40% chance of the cancer recurring and spreading within the next 5 years, which is likely a death sentence. But that means there's a 60% chance I've kicked this can to the curb for once and for all.

So, Cancer, kiss my ass!
You know that this was the easiest one and it will be harder to stay clear for the next few years. But for now enjoy it and keep up the attitude. Cancer is such an awful disease and I love to see anyone beat it. I especially love to see a friend like you beat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
Hang in there, Lone Wolfe, many care for and are praying for you. We're hoping the C is gone forever.

Mrs. Hummer had the same surgery 4 years ago, a bilateral mastectomy with tram flap reconstruction. She came home in a few days and the worst was soon over. She's doing fine now and I love her more than ever. Life goes on, and it's a precious thing to have and share. ::
Your wife will be in my prayers for continued remission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
<<<<<<<---------Turning cartwheels
I agree with Wolfe in that I want to see video of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock26girl View Post
:: This is such happy news, Wolfe!!
I wanted to share a photo of our cat, Keats. He sits up like a person when he is tired. He gets this glassy-eyed stare, then falls over backward. But, I can't get it to attach. I will try messaging it to you.
Please try again to post a picture of your cat. He sounds darling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Thank you all for the prayers and cheers here, it brings a smile to my face. As glad as I am, a part of me is sad too, that Jeff (23Skidoo) couldn't be here to be a part of this. He was my strongest supporter, always had something encouraging to say to me. Right now he'd be whipping out his Snoopys, in celebration. I know he's up there smiling right now.
You already know that Jeff is happy and is watching over you. He misses you too but is in a better place.

I join the others here in hoping your surgeon was able to reduce your chest pain with her extra curricular activities. I hope you can get pain meds that work for you and give you some relief over the long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
I could get rich being a donor, then.....
If we could find a way to recycle fat then a lot of people would be wealthier than they are. If net worth was determined my your BMI I think a lot of Americans would rejoice. On the other hand I would be destitute.
__________________
Quote:
On here I'm an *** hole.
In real life I'm an *** hole with a gun. :supergrin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 16:54   #9924
Steel Head
Tactical Cat
 
Steel Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: A cat box in WA
Posts: 5,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR!


For once, that's not the announcement after the base I was was on got shelled yet again. That's my biopsy report. Yep, remission. For now, at least, I'm a Breast Cancer Survivor. I'll have to be checked every few months for the next 3 years, then every year at least for the rest of my life. Cured? Maybe, maybe not. I have about a 40% chance of the cancer recurring and spreading within the next 5 years, which is likely a death sentence. But that means there's a 60% chance I've kicked this can to the curb for once and for all.

So, Cancer, kiss my ass!
Great news!!!
__________________
Sent from a Deere 544G or a Cat D3B or a Case 580SK or a Komatsu PC28 or PC220LC, or down in a hole with a worn down shovel, or sky high from sniffin PVC glue or the cat box.
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 15:11   #9925
NH Trucker
Needs coffee...
 
NH Trucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Concord, NH
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR,
ALL CLEAR!



For once, that's not the announcement after the base I was was on got shelled yet again. That's my biopsy report. Yep, remission. For now, at least, I'm a Breast Cancer Survivor. I'll have to be checked every few months for the next 3 years, then every year at least for the rest of my life. Cured? Maybe, maybe not. I have about a 40% chance of the cancer recurring and spreading within the next 5 years, which is likely a death sentence. But that means there's a 60% chance I've kicked this can to the curb for once and for all.

So, Cancer, kiss my ass!


OUTSTANDING NEWS!!!





posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
PMS is like a tire fire. Trying to put it out just makes it worse. You just gotta grab a beer and let it burn.
NH Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 17:30   #9926
BobInTX
Senior Member
 
BobInTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,112
Blog Entries: 2
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. (Luke 2:10-14 KJV)

Merry Christmas, Everybody!
__________________
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 19:39   #9927
Lady Glock
Senior Member
 
Lady Glock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 3,602
Send a message via ICQ to Lady Glock
Merry Christmas my friends. Much love to you all. God is truly good and awesome. I am sure HE will find a way to help me pay off my ticket and get new tags on my car by the end of the year. I am also praying he will convince the doctor to release me back to unrestricted work status soon so I can get another job and get insurance on my car. I pray the speeding ticket won't keep me from getting my insurance with the company I want to stay with. I look forward to a new year filled with new opportunities, a new job, new attitudes from my children and my landlord (and the dogs who have decided they are king and queen of the abode and I don't matter anymore). This are going to be great....everyone of us who have had issues this year are due for an awesome year and I am claiming it for us! God bless us all!
__________________
This is ok, right? I'm not breaking any rules or making anyone mad at me for this comment, Right?

Trust in God...Everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!
Lady Glock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 21:20   #9928
sawgrass
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,315
Merry Christmas Everyone.
__________________
Quote:
I've learned over the years that if you don't get exactly what you want, you'll never satisfy the desire. :cool:
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 00:55   #9929
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee
 
Lone_Wolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: This side of a tombstone
Posts: 27,319


Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
Merry Christmas Everyone.
^^^ This...

Merry
Christmas!
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member++++++SAF Life Member+++++++++++

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:42   #9930
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289
 
DustyJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Missouri, East of KC
Posts: 6,101
Merry Christmas, and my wishes that 2013 will be a great year for you.
__________________
"...our quick technology allows use to indulge our deepest stupidity and tastelessness with out first thinking...."

Last edited by DustyJacket; 12-25-2012 at 03:42..
DustyJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 00:23   #9931
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee
 
Lone_Wolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: This side of a tombstone
Posts: 27,319


Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyJacket View Post
Merry Christmas, and my wishes that 2013 will be a great year for you.
I like the way you think. It sure as hell can't get much worse than 2012 was. This has been an epic suck year for me.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member++++++SAF Life Member+++++++++++

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:23   #9932
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee
 
Lone_Wolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: This side of a tombstone
Posts: 27,319


Anyone in here for the Mobile area? Check in please, let us know you're OK.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member++++++SAF Life Member+++++++++++

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:18   #9933
flyover
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Western Kansas
Posts: 413
I'm glad to hear of your good news. God bless.
flyover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:06   #9934
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee
 
Lone_Wolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: This side of a tombstone
Posts: 27,319


Quote:
Originally Posted by flyover View Post
I'm glad to hear of your good news. God bless.
Thank you!

Happy 2013, everyone!


Here's hoping 2013 is a better year for all of you, than 2012 was for me. I'll just say that it was an epic suck year for me. Between losing friends on here, losing Jeff, one of the dearest friends I could ever imagine having, some things I've never mentioned here at all, Silent_Runner's issues, fighting my battle with cancer, I'll just say I'm glad this year is over. One good thig about this, is I can compare it to other years, and appreciate other years. Except the year I got shot, that is.



Here's to a much better 2013!!
__________________
NRA Benefactor Member++++++SAF Life Member+++++++++++

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:09   #9935
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,121
Blog Entries: 64
Happy New Year to you, too!!!!!!!!
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:25   #9936
Hicksville Kid
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Port St. Lucie, FL
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Thank you!

Happy 2013, everyone!

Here's hoping 2013 is a better year for all of you, than 2012 was for me. I'll just say that it was an epic suck year for me. Between losing friends on here, losing Jeff, one of the dearest friends I could ever imagine having, some things I've never mentioned here at all, Silent_Runner's issues, fighting my battle with cancer, I'll just say I'm glad this year is over. One good thig about this, is I can compare it to other years, and appreciate other years. Except the year I got shot, that is.



Here's to a much better 2013!!
I'll drink to that! Well, maybe later.

God bless you, kid.
Hicksville Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:40   #9937
sawgrass
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,315
Happy New Year Lone_Wolfe, and everyone else too!

Today is Doggies birthday. She is 13!
__________________
Quote:
I've learned over the years that if you don't get exactly what you want, you'll never satisfy the desire. :cool:

Last edited by sawgrass; 01-01-2013 at 12:45..
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:09   #9938
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 17,727
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Happy New Year, Lone and all!
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 13:30   #9939
BobInTX
Senior Member
 
BobInTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,112
Blog Entries: 2
Happy New Year!

How is Your surgery pain, Wolfe?
__________________
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Philippians 4:13.
BobInTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 20:24   #9940
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,905
You hang in there girl. There's a reason you're still here and with us. Sometimes the plan is hard to figure out, but God has one for you. Stay strong. And thank you for your services.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply


Tags
angel soldier, breast cancer, chemotherapy, coming home, gtds, kicking cancer's ass, one giant leap!, rip jeff and gloria, whip those demons!
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:02.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,231
315 Members
916 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 16:42