GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 14:04   #81
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,951
Blog Entries: 1
Meanwhile... notice... there are guns around Israeli kids and none of the kids are being magically killed by the gun when the gun owner is not bent on evil:

Cop Talk

Cop Talk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 14:31   #82
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated
 
volsbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,237
Yes but I don't want to live in Israel. Or anywhere resembling it.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
"Fast is fine. But accuracy is final."

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 19:22   #83
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,951
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
Yes but I don't want to live in Israel. Or anywhere resembling it.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
But if it works, why not have it here?

We live in a fantasy bubble where we think just because we are America, we can do things the same way while the world changes around us and somehow, nothing will happen because we are Americans.

The fact is that our peaceful living and lifestyle is protected day and night endlessly by those who work behind the scenes seamlessly so that our society continues on its ignorantly blissful ways.

At some point, it becomes untenable to continue and people have to face reality that not everyone in the world, including those who are here domestically, want what's good for America. We need to face the threat face on, and that will be ugly, guaranteed, and perceptions of our society will be shattered. There's no other way.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 19:41   #84
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated
 
volsbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,237
Ok so amidst all this adjusting to change stuff, is Israel a better place to live than the USA?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
"Fast is fine. But accuracy is final."

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 19:48   #85
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,951
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
Ok so amidst all this adjusting to change stuff, is Israel a better place to live than the USA?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Let's ask the parents of those kids in Newtown or any parent of any kid who was hurt or killed in a school shooting... or ask the victims... but you can't because they are all DEAD.

I'm not saying we become Israel, not at all, but we are under constant attack, make no mistake about it. If other countries have successfully adopted methods to curtail or reduce the danger, what's wrong with us taking a look at it?

We can still be American... but adopt other things which work around the country. We do it all the time, after all, taking innovations from the whole world to make this country the greatest on Earth.

Heck, here's a novel idea, let's also adopt the immigration laws and policies of Mexico, since they are always lecturing us on ours. I'm all for that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 20:20   #86
Vigilant
Senior Member
 
Vigilant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Inside the Perimeter
Posts: 8,817
^^^ Lawman para Presidente!
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum
Vigilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 21:35   #87
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated
 
volsbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,237
Are Israeli schools less violent?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
"Fast is fine. But accuracy is final."

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:16   #88
acpd541
Senior Member
 
acpd541's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Indiana
Posts: 544
With the exception of the the 2011-2012 school year, I worked at my old high school since 2002. Every high school in the city and almost every other district in the county has an SRO in the high schools. Besides me, there was the assigned SRO and 3 other city officers who rotated in on their off days at the school. I hung up my badge and bat belt this past April and don't miss the action(ok, a little maybe). Changes in administration at the school/district level degraded the work environment and it got to the point that the SRO finally had enough and bid to a detective position. The school has since gone down hill as the remaining long time officers also left.
__________________
"The world is full of people that have been educated well above the level of their intelligence." - Dragoon44
acpd541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:39   #89
lawman800
Juris Glocktor
 
lawman800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Out the frying pan & into the fire!
Posts: 37,951
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
Are Israeli schools less violent?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Couldn't tell ya, but I bet you they probably don't have the same drug and gang problems we do in our schools and they probably don't disrespect their teachers the same way some of our students do and I have never heard of an Israeli shooting up an Israeli school.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron:
I've said it before and I'll say it here: they'd look better with lividity.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:07   #90
merlynusn
Senior Member
 
merlynusn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 3,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
Ok so amidst all this adjusting to change stuff, is Israel a better place to live than the USA?


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
The difference is that Israelis know the world is a violent place and believe that violence could come knocking on their door at any time. We here in America think the world is a great place with roses and "how could that happen" is always stated after violence comes knocking on the door.

America's perception toward the real world is skewed. That is really the problem.
merlynusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:43   #91
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 18,065
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlynusn View Post
The difference is that Israelis know the world is a violent place and believe that violence could come knocking on their door at any time. We here in America think the world is a great place with roses and "how could that happen" is always stated after violence comes knocking on the door.

America's perception toward the real world is skewed. That is really the problem.
That's it, in a nutshell. It amazes me just how people could be so blissfully ignorant of the real world around them, and yet it seems that they are the VAST majority of this country. It's like this country is blindly going down the path to it's demise, and most everyone has their head in the sand (or other places....) and not bothering to look up and see if their perception even closely resembles reality. Those that do look out and try to warn are told to sit down and shut up, you're paranoid.
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:05   #92
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated
 
volsbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlynusn View Post
The difference is that Israelis know the world is a violent place and believe that violence could come knocking on their door at any time. We here in America think the world is a great place with roses and "how could that happen" is always stated after violence comes knocking on the door.

America's perception toward the real world is skewed. That is really the problem.
You didn't answer the question. I asked if Israel is a better place to live. I'm betting not. I'm betting you realize this too which is why you didn't answer.

I have no problem looking at countries to emulate as a means of solving some of our problems. But let's maybe emulate one that isn't basically under militant control by the government and isn't under constant REAL fear of daily rocket attacks. I've never seen video of Israel and thought "gee willickers that's where I want to live..."

That's all I'm sayin.

I have no hesitation accepting that America has its head up its own butt. But let's work toward a better place and not toward becoming a third world country.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
"Fast is fine. But accuracy is final."

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:06   #93
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated
 
volsbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
That's it, in a nutshell. It amazes me just how people could be so blissfully ignorant of the real world around them, and yet it seems that they are the VAST majority of this country. It's like this country is blindly going down the path to it's demise, and most everyone has their head in the sand (or other places....) and not bothering to look up and see if their perception even closely resembles reality. Those that do look out and try to warn are told to sit down and shut up, you're paranoid.
Quit being so par.....I mean, scared for no reason.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
"Fast is fine. But accuracy is final."

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:28   #94
CJStudent
Fenced In
 
CJStudent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KY
Posts: 18,065
Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
Quit being so par.....I mean, scared for no reason.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:49   #95
efman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: georgia
Posts: 300
my county has a sro at every school in the county. they teach dare classes and provide security for the school
__________________
"never give up, never give in, blue team always wins"
efman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:57   #96
merlynusn
Senior Member
 
merlynusn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 3,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
You didn't answer the question. I asked if Israel is a better place to live. I'm betting not. I'm betting you realize this too which is why you didn't answer.

I have no problem looking at countries to emulate as a means of solving some of our problems. But let's maybe emulate one that isn't basically under militant control by the government and isn't under constant REAL fear of daily rocket attacks. I've never seen video of Israel and thought "gee willickers that's where I want to live..."

That's all I'm sayin.

I have no hesitation accepting that America has its head up its own butt. But let's work toward a better place and not toward becoming a third world country.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Would I move to Israel? Yes I would. They are one of the only countries in the world I respect. Why don't I? Because for better or worse, I love my country and will do what I can to ensure that I leave this country a better place for my children.
merlynusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:20   #97
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 45,461
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by acpd541 View Post
With the exception of the the 2011-2012 school year, I worked at my old high school since 2002. Every high school in the city and almost every other district in the county has an SRO in the high schools. Besides me, there was the assigned SRO and 3 other city officers who rotated in on their off days at the school. I hung up my badge and bat belt this past April and don't miss the action(ok, a little maybe). Changes in administration at the school/district level degraded the work environment and it got to the point that the SRO finally had enough and bid to a detective position. The school has since gone down hill as the remaining long time officers also left.
acpd, my daughter is a high school administrator who has fought hard for balance between administration, teachers, support staff, students, and parents. Changes at the top usually disrupts any equilibrium that existed.

Could you go a little deeper into what changed and the resulting degradation?

Thanks
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:26   #98
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up
 
txleapd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 6,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
Yes but I don't want to live in Israel. Or anywhere resembling it.
I spent some time in Israel about 15 years ago. It's not what is portrayed on the nightly news. I enjoyed my time there and grew to greatly respect the Israelis, and their no nonsense approach to things.

I think we would be a much better country if we resembled Israel in a lot of ways.



Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919


"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
txleapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:37   #99
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up
 
txleapd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 6,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
I asked if Israel is a better place to live.
That's not a fair question. I live in Texas. There's obviously no better place to live...

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
But let's maybe emulate one that isn't basically under militant control by the government and isn't under constant REAL fear of daily rocket attacks. I've never seen video of Israel and thought "gee willickers that's where I want to live..."
It's not like that in real life. It's really not.

There is one small part under conflict, and more people are killed in Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsbear View Post
But let's work toward a better place and not toward becoming a third world country.
That's a bit unfair. Israel is NOT a third world country. I've also been to third world countries. It is actually a beautiful country, populated by good people.




Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919


"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
txleapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:22   #100
volsbear
Lifetime Membership
IWannaBeSedated
 
volsbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 12,237
I wouldn't suggest emulating Chicago either.


Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
"Fast is fine. But accuracy is final."

"He'd look better with lividity" - BlueIron

Black Rifle Club - RRA-PSG
S&W Club - 22227
volsbear is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 18:15.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,082
348 Members
734 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31