Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-28-2012, 20:27   #1
lx2008

price gouging bums

hi, could put this in another forum but this topic seems to be a great place to start.
i`ve been in several other forums lately and i cannot believe the nerve of a few bums out there trying to exploit the poss. ban of 30rd mags. i thought we were all in this together! but some think of only themselves and money. just saw a classified in here for mag-pul mags at $40 per.(plain jane, no window) as of now, i know of 3 sites still have in stock at 11.99 per(avg.) if you buy 10. i was telling people where to buy them just to help out some who were having trouble finding some in stock. but not now! i believe there will be those bums out there who will hoard them and then try to sell at an unbelievable price. shame on those who do. its also being done with saiga shot-guns, ar`s and lowers. this just makes me sick!
lx2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:29   #2
twag4

You are right. Some ****** bags are selling glock mags and AK/AR mags for ridiculous prices. One guy is selling an IO Inc ak47 for over 1100 dollars. It is an entry level low low quality gun that sold for under 400 2 years ago. Under 500 two months ago. What an ass! We are in it together and I'm sure they'll get theirs.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:54   #3
John43

I saw a lower end AR for $2500 and a PAP M92 AK pistol for $950 that I just saw at the last gunshow for $550.
John43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:06   #4
jakebrake
cracker

i just saw a wasr 10 up to 805 on gunbroker, stripped ar lowers for 700, and we don't even want to discuss what bushmaster ar 15s are up to.

this is way out of hand.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:14   #5
KennyFSU
What to wear...

Is that what they're selling for or what people are asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KennyFSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:17   #6
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyFSU View Post
Is that what they're selling for or what people are asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
selling .... what the bids are up to for the wasr 10s. and bushys.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:29   #7
RichardB
Silver Membership

Why is anyone here upset about this?

This situation was predicted long before the election, in which despite what some TV personalities were predicting, the President was leading. Why did you wait?

You don't have to buy at the inflated prices or your demand becomes more modest. If you are a competitive shooter you may need more magazines than most of us need for self defense, but then that is a cost of you doing business.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 00:19   #8
ArmoryDoc

I'm with Richard. Why are ANY of you surprised at this ??? Everyone knew this was inevitable, but yet many sat on their laurels and waited. If you don't like the prices fellas, don't pay 'em. I'll tell you though, many people are paying the prices and not a single soul is twisting their arm to do it. Supply and demand. You snooze, you lose.
ArmoryDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 00:20   #9
ArmoryDoc

There's an old saying you folks need to memorize.

"Don't wait until you're thirsty to dig a well."
ArmoryDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:11   #10
P.K.

I agree with the previous posters. The panic buyers should have known that if Obama got a second term he would support an infringment on the 2nd Amendment. Now all those who were on the fence about buying a firearm are now going out and paying double or almost triple what they could have bought it for a few months ago.
P.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:37   #11
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
Why is anyone here upset about this?

This situation was predicted long before the election, in which despite what some TV personalities were predicting, the President was leading. Why did you wait?

You don't have to buy at the inflated prices or your demand becomes more modest. If you are a competitive shooter you may need more magazines than most of us need for self defense, but then that is a cost of you doing business.

This X 1,000!

We all knew it was coming (or at least should have.)

It's their fault if they waited until now to buy. That's life!

As soon as the ban was lifted in 04, I spent a small fortune on guns, ammo, mags, ect.

That way when another ban would roll around (which I've been convinced was inevitable) I could sit back and watch everyone get swept away in the frenzy.

It's fun to watch people pay several times over what things are worth just because they believed their own BS that this wouldn't happen again.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:40   #12
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

I don't have any use for price gouging but I don't blame people for doing it. If there are people dumb enough to pay way over what something is worth, can you really blame them for selling it at that price?

I know I can't and I won't.

Furthermore, that's Capitalism. If you don't like the price at gun store A, your free to go to the competition or do without. I see that most gun owners understand that but not all.

Last edited by NEOH212; 12-31-2012 at 04:40..
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:41   #13
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Besides, if this ban does go though, these shops will need all the money they can get now because their sales will hit rock bottom after.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:56   #14
RichardB
Silver Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
Besides, if this ban does go though, these shops will need all the money they can get now because their sales will hit rock bottom after.

Yup! Many will go out of business if the strongest version of the ban is enacted.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:10   #15
tnedator
Lifetime Membership

I'll just throw out the other side of the coin. I just sold some G20 mags I don't use at a pretty elevated price, but I did so not just to make a buck, but because there are some things I need/want to buy in case some legislation is passed, and I will be buying those at elevated prices.

Right now, I put the odds of Feinstein's bill passing at less than 50/50, but the odds of something passing at 50/50 or worse. The more time that passes and the more polls that are released that show most Americans don't support an AWB and even more Americans are opposed to a handgun ban, the less likely I think Congressman are to cave under the pressure of Sandy Hook.

However, anyone that doesn't think that stricter gun control of some kind isn't a VERY real possibility, simply have their heads buried in the sand.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:24   #16
deadmanglocking

If you don't like the price don't buy. It's simple as that. It's not "price gouging" it's free enterprise. Price gouging would be raising the price on water,food or some other necessity during a time of shortage.
deadmanglocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:47   #17
BP44

Send a message via AIM to BP44 Send a message via Yahoo to BP44
Lots of folks crying about this but I'm sure if I offered a $50 AR lower you would jump all over it and not say a word.......
I hate a cry baby. If you were not prepared/ stocked up then shame on you and don't cry to us because you didn't have the desire to be prepared for such an event.

Please give excuses about how this came at a bad time or your wer $5 from buying an AR a few weeks ago.........
BP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:08   #18
ScottieG59

I also stocked up quite a bit. It still disturbs me to see things get this way. I do not like the political environment and where things are going.

The panic buying goes way beyond 30 round mags and ARs. Even small carry gun mags are running low.

The law being proposed has me upset and worried about the future. I have always walked the straight and narrow. Now, the government wants to say I am to be treated like the nut cases, robbers, rapists and terrorists? The want me to register weapons and not be allowed to sell them? My kids will be unable to inherit many of my guns?

I am still working out how to deal with this. I am okay with deeper background checks if they make sense. I am okay with drug testing. I am okay with finger printing. I do all this and more for my job.
Just do not try to infringe on my rights.
ScottieG59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 16:14   #19
attrapereves

The bad thing is that panic buying hurts local businesses. When there is no supply available from distributors, local gun shops can't get anything in stock, and don't have much to sell. In mid-2009, two local gun shops closed because they were having trouble getting stock, and the stock they did have was way overpriced.
Old 01-02-2013, 17:00   #20
BenjiEDF

"price gouging" is a GOOD THING!

We didn't have enough so called "price gouging" that is why you cannot find a single AR-15 magazine right now on the entire internet.

Did midwayUSA and Brownells do the right thing by selling off the rest of their stock of mags for $10-15 The answer is HECK NO!

The very same people that complain about "price gouging" are the same people that cry out: "panic buying" and didn't act soon enough. A low price (artificially low) causes massive demand, and result is a fire-sale, a complete dumping of all stock. However if the price was higher, you and your friends could still buy magazines! Just look at a supply and demand graph:

The Furball Forum

The Furball Forum

If you don't understand the graphs take the time to research it, it's simple stuff. Don't just have a knee-jerk "but that's not fair!" that's what the libtards do.

"Life is good" ~Hickok45

Last edited by BenjiEDF; 01-02-2013 at 17:16..
BenjiEDF is offline   Reply With Quote