Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:01   #41
Altaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
...And just to clear things up.

It's the present surface of the Earth that's about 10,000 years old, not the entire Earth.

What a nice way to try to shove the young earth fiction into the scientific data that already shows how old the planet really is.

So how deep do you have to go in your earth to go from the 'surface' to the rest of the earth? 10ft, 100ft, 1mile, etc?? How old then is the earth that is underneath the surface? If only the surface is that young, do you have a single shred of evidence to back up that claim?
Altaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:42   #42
Japle
John, Viera, Fl

Quote:
It's the present surface of the Earth that's about 10,000 years old, not the entire Earth.
This is JB, making it up as he goes along ....
Old 12-29-2012, 11:23   #43
dbcooper

I'd tell him I have a few questions to ask but I don't want him to answer. I want the answers to come from a 5 inch high talking unicorn that he is going to make appear in the palm of my hand.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:17   #44
JBnTX
God Bless Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post

Oh? Do tell...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaris View Post

If only the surface is that young, do you have a single shred of evidence to back up that claim?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japle View Post

This is JB, making it up as he goes along ....

The flood of Noah washed the surface of the Earth clean about 6,000 to 10,000 years ago. Then life started over.
JBnTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:22   #45
Louisville Glocker
Urban Redneck

Scientific evidence.

You can google "scientific method" if you don't know what that is. But the "faith" stuff just doesn't cut it.

I continue to be amazed that people believe in the fairy tales of the different religions. Each religion has its own stories. Oh, yours is correct and the other ones are all wrong. Why do you believe that? Because of your parents/society. They told you that, and you believed it.

Suckers....sorry, but it is true.

Last edited by Louisville Glocker; 12-29-2012 at 12:26..
Louisville Glocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:38   #46
JBnTX
God Bless Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Glocker View Post

Each religion has its own stories. Oh, yours is correct and the other ones are all wrong. Why do you believe that? .

The Abrahamic religions are just variations of a central theme that focus's on one supreme God that created everything. They're not that different, just different interpretations.
Old 12-29-2012, 14:03   #47
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
The Abrahamic religions are just variations of a central theme that focus's on one supreme God that created everything. They're not that different, just different interpretations.
So why not just be a Muslim or a Jew or even a Mormon if they're all the same? Do all of those believers get to go to the same heaven that you do?
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 14:43   #48
RyanBDawg

Quote:
The flood of Noah washed the surface of the Earth clean about 6,000 to 10,000 years ago. Then life started over.
Yes because we all know it was prefect logical to house a pair of every animal on Earth and have enough food to feed them for the months that they were just floating around.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 15:07   #49
Japle
John, Viera, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX:
"Clean", it seems, means "right down to the bedrock". No life. No animals. No plants.

Funny thing, though:

10 And he stayed yet other seven days; and again he sent forth the dove out of the ark;
11 And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.

So, JB, if you're not just making this up, where did the dove find the olive leaf?
Old 12-29-2012, 15:20   #50
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
"Clean", it seems, means "right down to the bedrock". No life. No animals. No plants.

Funny thing, though:

10 And he stayed yet other seven days; and again he sent forth the dove out of the ark;
11 And the dove came in to him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off: so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth.

So, JB, if you're not just making this up, where did the dove find the olive leaf?
Religious Issues
Old 12-29-2012, 15:27   #51
Altaris

Quote:
So the flood waters killed all of the fish and water faring plants as well?

Lets just say for the hell of it that you actually are right(which you aren't)..... That still doesn't make the earth 10000 years old.
Old 12-29-2012, 17:26   #52
JBnTX
God Bless Texas

Clean = Free from sin.
Old 12-29-2012, 17:39   #53
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Clean = Free from sin.
It just boggles the mind what you think passes for a sufficient response sometimes.
Old 12-29-2012, 17:50   #54
Glockgeezer

Sometimes it's hard to be a believer when you see all the evil, pain and misery in todays world, but, all one has to do is look around and see the perfect beauty of the world around us and the order of the universe as we know it, in spite of what men do to each other especially in the name of God. No one with a brain can deny a divine hand in every thing you see. I believe God is far more complex than we mere mortals have tried to make the concept and that's why we must have faith. Some of us have more than others and some have none at all. It's easy to see what the Godless are trying to do to this country and the world.
Glockgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 19:33   #55
Glock36shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockgeezer View Post
No one with a brain can deny a divine hand in every thing you see.
Actually you are exactly wrong. We are at a point in our development where we know a great deal about our world, our universe, our origins and that of the universe. And the only thing we keep finding over and over again is that all of it happened completely naturally and without a divine hand. The more we learn the more we know that our existence simply didn't require a God. He just isn't necessary.

Quote:
It's easy to see what the Godless are trying to do to this country and the world.
Free it from religious slavery.

Theory:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Grace:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Big Bang:
Glock36shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 19:48   #56
Altaris

Quote:
Clean = Free from sin.
So cleaning it of sin starts the time table over again on a planet?

My house was built in 1999. If I took a hose out and washed all of the sin off of it, would that mean my house is now brand new? Do you think I could get a realtor to fall for that if I tried it?

Last edited by Altaris; 12-30-2012 at 00:28..
Old 12-29-2012, 20:16   #57
Japle
John, Viera, Fl

Quote:
Posted by JB:

Clean = Free from sin.
The above posts are a fascinating example of delusional thinking. We can all be very happy that JB wasn’t raised in a religion that encourages suicide bombers.
Old 12-29-2012, 20:56   #58
muscogee

1. God could explain how all the things in the Bible that can't possibly be true are true.

2. God could post the location of the Garden of Eden, complete with flaming sword, on the Internet.

3. He could apologize to everyone on Earth for taking revenge on all of us for the sins of Adam and Eve. After all, it's been thousands of years and we didn't do it.

4. He could stop punishing us for the sins of Adam And Eve.

5. He could give me a talking snake that wasn't dangerous.

Leona Helmsley

Last edited by muscogee; 12-29-2012 at 20:57..
muscogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 21:18   #59
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
5. He could give me a talking snake that wasn't dangerous.
I'd opt for the talking donkey. Can you imagine the fun you'd have at parties with your own personal Mr Ed?

Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 21:23   #60
Geko45
CLM Number 135
Smartass Pilot

Quote:
The above posts are a fascinating example of delusional thinking. We can all be very happy that JB wasn’t raised in a religion that encourages suicide bombers.
Excellent observation. The only real difference between JBnTX and an Islamic extremist is the happenstance of the location of his birth. He seems willing to believe just about any absurdity.

Geko45 is online now   Reply With Quote