SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-28-2012, 22:12   #26
stevelyn
NRA Life Member

There are some traitors in our ranks.
Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey
stevelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 22:15   #27
Armchair Commando
Long Range Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4570 View Post
I don't know any rabbit hunters, dove hunters, or deer hunters who ran out to buy an AR15.
The people who are buying those guns are a small specialty group. My Marine friend who just came back from killing hadgis in the sandbox says he has "all that he needs". That's about 4 mags.
Every gun owner i know owns a ar15 or ak47 and their all hunters.
Old 12-29-2012, 00:03   #28
PAGunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
Every gun owner i know owns a ar15 or ak47 and their all hunters.
The gun owners I know if they don't own an AR or AK they like them and would/will probably eventually buy one.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:58   #29
sum-dum-guy

Nazi Gun Registration Program of 1938:

- Classified guns for "sporting purposes"

- All citizens who wished to purchase firearms had to register with the Nazi officials and have a background check.

- Presumed German citizens were hostile and thereby exempted Nazis from the gun control law (meaning officials could have guns, citizens could not).

- Gave Nazis unrestricted power to decide what kinds of firearms could, or could not be owned by private persons.

- The types of ammunition that were legal were subject to control by bureaucrats.

- Juveniles under 18 years could not buy firearms and ammunition.

Yeah, that does not look familiar....nothing to worry about there....move along.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:29   #30
4949shooter

From what I have been seeing, there have been hunters AND non hunters going out and buying AR's. From my experience, if they didn't already have an AR, they were going out and buying one.

When people hinted at why I wasn't buying one, I told them I already own three.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:48   #31
Blast
'nuff said

The Okie Corral

The Okie Corral
Old 12-29-2012, 03:59   #32
nipperwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum-dum-guy View Post
Wow. I had not idea.

According to Alexix Mcgill Johnson from the Americans Value Institute, the great majority of gun owners systematically support assault weapon bans

I stand corrected

/sarcasm
Got a link???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper View Post
That's sad if it's true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbrass View Post
It's not. Gallup just came out with a poll a few days ago showing the majority of Americans (not gun owners only, but all persons) oppose another AWB.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159569/am...pose-bans.aspx

Quote:
We've gone from Socrates, to Snooki.
Ducky, NCIS
nipperwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:39   #33
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

duck hunters and skeet shooters are notorious for selling out other gun owners....

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:30   #34
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by raxar View Post
yes, most gun owners supporting an AWB makes so much sense, it must be why there's hardly an AR-15 left on a shelf in North america, they're so desperate to get them off the streets they're buying them all.
Well, you have to understand.... to the media and their ilk.. "Most gun owners" are people who *say* they are NRA members, and that's their polling base... or even better the "Pro Gun Democrat"

Truth is, a LOT of FUDDs support the AWB, and frankly don't care about pistols. So long as you don't take their shotguns and muzzle loaders, they don't care and have no problem selling others down the river. What they don't realize (or just don't care to recognize) is the 2nd amendment has jack to do w/ hunting.
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:02   #35
Baba Louie

Just a sound bite she offers at the end of the interview, "surveys show...". As to specifics, nothing. Her solution is "more Police" who are trained...

Larry Pratt wasn't bad but his steroid comment and snide salute to Sen Feinstein was off putting to me somewhat, as I prefer to see pro rights advocates stay focused, on point and avoid snark when discussing serious matters. He did point out the "gun free zone" fallacy and 20 minute Police response, use of semi autos for self defense, etc so kudos to him for bring that into light.

But as it aired on Fox's O'Reilly, most likely preaching to the choir.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

Last edited by Baba Louie; 12-29-2012 at 06:03..
Baba Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:02   #36
Baba Louie

my bad. double post
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

Last edited by Baba Louie; 12-29-2012 at 06:03..
Baba Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:40   #37
random southpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbrass View Post
It's not. Gallup just came out with a poll a few days ago showing the majority of Americans (not gun owners only, but all persons) oppose another AWB.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/159569/am...pose-bans.aspx
As emotions continue to run high, we can expect more distortions of "What gun owners really think" etc.

Thank you for discrediting the assertion that gun owners support any AWB!

Do not swallow any wild claims without verifying them first.
random southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:45   #38
okie
GT Mayor

That has to be a crock of you know what
okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:46   #39
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
What are you talking about?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I'm just saying we're outnumbered. If we want to keep our rifles and mags we all have to write our politicians. If we all don't do the work, we are going to loose, when we could have prevented it.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:50   #40
badge315

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetMan View Post
That is what I thought in 1994.
And how many more people own so-called "assault rifles" now than in 1994?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
The gun owners I know if they don't own an AR or AK they like them and would/will probably eventually buy one.
This has been my experience as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
duck hunters and skeet shooters are notorious for selling out other gun owners....
And yet every time I visit a shooting facility with rifle and clay target ranges, those shooting black rifles always vastly outnumber those shooting skeet. On the rifle line there is a lot more plastic than wood...and even the wood stocked rifles tend to be old military rifles, not modern hunting arms. At the range I normally shoot at on match day, there might be half a dozen people shooting trap...and 100+ are shooting IDPA. We're not the same marginal demographic we once were.

- The Loc-Nar
badge315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:01   #41
M&P15T
Beard One

No one thought it would happen in 1994.
GTers did not think that Obummer Care would pass.
GTers thought that Obummer Care would be ruled against the law by the USSC.
GTers did not think that Obummer would be re-elected.

And now GTers think that there will be no anti-gun legislation.

Me thinks that GT is a great, fun place to chat, talk about stuff. Not so good of a place to try and read the political tea leaves.
M&P15T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:03   #42
Fox
Varmit Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbuncle View Post
Divide and conquer, the oldest tactic in the book. The statement is made to seed the concept of concession and failure, and to isolate those who resist as a fringe minority. We're better than falling for this, let's stick together and keep fighting.
You got that right.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:12   #43
eagle359

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
This is how I remember it from the '94 AWB. I know a bunch of hunters who did not think that they had any skin in the game with the first AWB. "Tactical" is a lot more popular now, so there may be more support. Do not think for one second that some of our fellow gun owners will lift one finger to save your AR or AK.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:12   #44
sigman69

Quote:
I don't know any rabbit hunters, dove hunters, or deer hunters who ran out to buy an AR15.
The people who are buying those guns are a small specialty group. My Marine friend who just came back from killing hadgis in the sandbox says he has "all that he needs". That's about 4 mags.
Well i know alot of prairie dog hunters that do...as do people who varmint hunt... I have several friends back from the kitty litter box and got semi auto AR's so what is your point?
Old 12-29-2012, 08:15   #45
G36's Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum-dum-guy View Post
Wow. I had not idea.

According to Alexix Mcgill Johnson from the Americans Value Institute, the great majority of gun owners systematically support assault weapon bans

I stand corrected

/sarcasm
I going to assume you understand that this isn't true.

Anyone buying AR's and mags at this point are first time buyers. They realize they waited almost too long, again...

I don't see much chance of this ban, of any sort, going through the House at this point anyway.
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:24   #46
Bullwinkle J Moose
Quick! Duck!

Yea, yea, just like gun control nuts, Obama and the rest of his Red Brigade and all the republicans support the Constitution.

This entire country is being Delphied. This is a proven process which is used to convinced groups to choose an outcome that has already been determined, so the group believes they have a choice and ownership in the agenda. Part of the process is the attacking of those who oppose the predetermined outcome with the goal of making them appear foolish, inept, or aggressive (a la Alinski). You see this a lot in forums including GT these days and many of these attackers are shills, whose purpose is to guide the sheep by showing them that having such heretical ideas will result in their being made into fools and thereby silence opposition to the march to the slaughterhouse, as well as to make people with the unauthorized ideas waste their time arguing on forums and blogs, so they won't be out doing something that might actually help their cause. So bring on the tin foil hat and other ridicule, little boys.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:56   #47
Dreamliner787

Need to look into more of what their data sample pool is and what or whom it consists of as well as the question(s) that was asked. If you ask guy in San Francisco vs. a guy in Dallas you're going to get different results. With that said and if the results of the last election said anything, I have no confidence in the folks in those "blue" states.
Dreamliner787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:49   #48
ca survivor

remember how the cigarette ban started ? and how is now, in some states can't even smoke in your house, I voted against the ban and I'm not a smoker.
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:52   #49
sum-dum-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&P15T View Post
No one thought it would happen in 1994.
GTers did not think that Obummer Care would pass.
GTers thought that Obummer Care would be ruled against the law by the USSC.
GTers did not think that Obummer would be re-elected.

And now GTers think that there will be no anti-gun legislation.

Me thinks that GT is a great, fun place to chat, talk about stuff. Not so good of a place to try and read the political tea leaves.
Note to self: must bold and underline "/sarcasm"

If nothing else, the llbs/Dems have proven that they are the masters of managing the optics of issues. Conservatives thought they knew what they knew and they were gonna do ok...and they have been wrong too many times now.

Although it is like torture, I really try to listen to what the libs have to say and how they say it because it gives you insight into how they manage their message. Whether it is true or not does not matter. EVERYONE I knew thought obama was going to lose big in the last election....and we were all wrong by a big margin.

EVERYONE I know thinks there is no way an AWB will pass....let's not be wrong about this one too.
Old 12-29-2012, 18:04   #50
pat701

Not this gunowner.
pat701 is offline   Reply With Quote