SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:49   #76
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolenphot0 View Post
I didn't even know who he was until someone posted a "James Yeager isn't a Coward and challenges you to a duel" video on FB. Still don't know exactly where this report is that led everyone to call him a coward, nor do I frankly care I guess, because I didn't feel the need to break out my Google-Fu.

Seeing him respond by challenging people to a duel made me realize he's not the person I would want training from. Seemed like Kindergarten playground crap, which isn't how you should run a business. All this is my opinion.
You are not alone. I would expect a trainer in this field would try to preach and practice self control and calm in a stressful situation. To think with logic and not emotion. Not 6th grade "oh yeah....call me that to my face" crap....
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:07   #77
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

I like putting photographers down range when shoot and spamming youtube with videos of me trying to say im manly and tough. I also hide in a ditch during gunfights, my buddies can absorb the bullets for me.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:17   #78
Averageman

I watched the video of the ambush.
There was so much fail happening in that I wouldn't know where to post the blame.
At what point in a war zone do you sit and wait for an ambush to happen in an unarmored civilian car?
Averageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:22   #79
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
I like putting photographers down range when shoot and spamming youtube with videos of me trying to say im manly and tough. I also hide in a ditch during gunfights, my buddies can absorb the bullets for me.
I will preface my next comment by saying I have never been in the military or any LE agency, and I have also never been in a gunfight. That being said, it is revolting to watch him run and hide in a ditch. Every other person in that video was either mortally wounded, tending to the wounded, or firing back. His colleagues were all in harms way and he didn't move a muscle until after the gunfire stopped.

Watching that, then watching him pretend to be Randy Couture making threats from behind his keyboard just makes it even worse. Not even mentioning him putting a photographer on a live range while students are being instructed. I wouldn't take his class if he paid me to. He comes off as negligent and stupid with just about every video of his I have seen.
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:50   #80
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

all his videos are hm talking about how hes an alpha male and wants to fight people. Comes off as the worlds biggest tool.
Old 12-28-2012, 13:06   #81
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolenphot0 View Post
Seeing him respond by challenging people to a duel made me realize he's not the person I would want training from. Seemed like Kindergarten playground crap, which isn't how you should run a business. All this is my opinion.
Well, at least he is now permanenetly barred from holding political office or being a law enforcement officer in Kentucky

Are we the only state that makes every officer and office holder swear "that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as second in carrying a challenge, nor aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God"? That is the majority of the constitutionally required oath of public office here.
Old 12-28-2012, 13:09   #82
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
I watched the video of the ambush.
There was so much fail happening in that I wouldn't know where to post the blame.
At what point in a war zone do you sit and wait for an ambush to happen in an unarmored civilian car?
Even more clearly his fault, however - at what point do you take the car out of gear, then panic so bad you forget you need to put it in gear and, as an absolute rule - WHEN does the driver leave the vehicle? Apparently getting out and hiding behind the car, instead of driving it, is tha part that got others shot and killed while they were in the back seat waiting for their driver to move out of the kill zone.
Old 12-28-2012, 13:10   #83
TactiCool

http://www.deathvalleymag.com/

Last edited by TactiCool; 01-12-2013 at 00:51..
TactiCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 13:15   #84
NIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto1958 View Post
James Yeager is a smart guy blah, blah, blah......

Who is this single-celled amoeba of FAIL who started this thread. And what is this, an advertisement for the 1st Annual James Yeager 100 yard dash and hide?
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 13:42   #85
Averageman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Even more clearly his fault, however - at what point do you take the car out of gear, then panic so bad you forget you need to put it in gear and, as an absolute rule - WHEN does the driver leave the vehicle? Apparently getting out and hiding behind the car, instead of driving it, is tha part that got others shot and killed while they were in the back seat waiting for their driver to move out of the kill zone.
I didn't get all of that from the video, but I did fast forward through some of it.
I believe that I would have been backing way up and turning around about 2 minutes in to waiting.
What I watched was a lot of waiting for some obstruction to move and I believe I heard something about a Police Officer?
It's as if they were sitting there waiting for the bad guys to get their **** together enough to hit them.
Here nor there, I guess it was all bad.
Was that Baghdad near the airport?
Old 12-28-2012, 13:59   #86
ltj9296

I do not claim to be a expert in this area, but finding better cover to return fire sounds like a real good idea to me. All I have done is seen the video, and not sure of the facts. I would not feel comfortable judging anyone. I guess what I am trying to say is if you are taking heavy fire, and can find safer cover to return fire, would that not better?
Old 12-28-2012, 14:14   #87
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
I didn't get all of that from the video, but I did fast forward through some of it.
I believe that I would have been backing way up and turning around about 2 minutes in to waiting.
What I watched was a lot of waiting for some obstruction to move and I believe I heard something about a Police Officer?
It's as if they were sitting there waiting for the bad guys to get their **** together enough to hit them.
Here nor there, I guess it was all bad.
Was that Baghdad near the airport?

Yes, on route Irish. IED had gone off Army convoy stopped ahead, they decided to keep distance between them and the Army element, but not turn around and return to a safer area.

Driver took car out of gear, applied parking brake, and then forgot it was engaged, and stalked his car during action. Then he never restarted it, he simply bailed and hid in the ditch while the action was happening.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 14:18   #88
ancient_serpent

There is nothing but room to maneuver around RTE Irish. Nice wide shoulder areas, multiple egress routes available. Don't get me wrong, it gets crowded at times, but I've never seen it when there was no room to move when you need to.
Actually not even that long of a road, dangerous though it was, once upon a time, between BIAP and the GZ.
ancient_serpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 14:27   #89
Averageman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Stick View Post
Yes, on route Irish. IED had gone off Army convoy stopped ahead, they decided to keep distance between them and the Army element, but not turn around and return to a safer area.

Driver took car out of gear, applied parking brake, and then forgot it was engaged, and stalked his car during action. Then he never restarted it, he simply bailed and hid in the ditch while the action was happening.
Ive been down that road a couple of times.
I drove a General Officer around Germany right after Gen Dozier was kidnapped and the rule of thumb was pretty much don't stop for anything. If you are the driver, drive.
I can't imagine not putting that car in reverse and getting out of Dodge immeadiatly. Waiting there is what got them.
If this guy hid in the ditch and did nothing but screw up, he has a lot of cojones with the stuff he is spouting.
I think if I were on that team I would have left him in that ditch.
Old 12-28-2012, 14:46   #90
hogfish
Señor Member

Never heard of James Yeager, and I don't understand why this thgread has gotten so long (only read the 1st couple of lines in the o.p.), but it's obvious he knows what he's talking about if he understands that the Glock 19 is better than any 1911.

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 15:17   #91
SouthpawG26

Quote:
Are we the only state that makes every officer and office holder swear "that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as second in carrying a challenge, nor aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God"? That is the majority of the constitutionally required oath of public office here.
"In light of the above, I therefore must challenge you hereby, good sir, to a duel in PHOTOGRAPHY, TO THE DEATH, at the ignorant hands of at least one of my marvelously incompetent apprentices in the art of handgun shooting, by standing no further than 12 yards away from aforementioned handgun muzzles in live fire, and only mere inches away from their intended targets, in much the same way as one would face the firing squad as per this State's method of execution of capital punishment. He who last flashes his Nikon, will be proclaimed the winner of this duel.."
Old 12-28-2012, 15:29   #92
ditto1958

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB View Post
Who is this single-celled amoeba of FAIL who started this thread. And what is this, an advertisement for the 1st Annual James Yeager 100 yard dash and hide?
NIB, I started this thread in good faith when I read another thread here in the 1911 section where people were getting all riled up over a YouTube video by James Yeager entitled "1911's Suck." My only point in my thread was to tell people that Yeager does that kind of stuff with an agenda in mind. He is trying to be controversial, because it is good for his business. I guess I should have known better. It seems as though quite a few folks who have responded have completely missed the original point.
ditto1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 17:00   #93
NIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto1958 View Post
NIB, I started this thread in good faith when I read another thread here in the 1911 section where people were getting all riled up over a YouTube video by James Yeager entitled "1911's Suck." My only point in my thread was to tell people that Yeager does that kind of stuff with an agenda in mind. He is trying to be controversial, because it is good for his business. I guess I should have known better. It seems as though quite a few folks who have responded have completely missed the original point.
Don't give me none of this good faith original point crap, James Yeager is a name that should never be mentioned in a gun board ever again.

He ran and hid while his men were taking fire. That is called a COWARD! And he wants to act tough and challenge anyone to a "dual" for disagreeing with him.... F him!
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 18:34   #94
SouthpawG26

But wait!!!

There's more!!!!

"Five shots into the little stupid retarded moron, five shots...."

Last edited by SouthpawG26; 12-28-2012 at 18:35..
SouthpawG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 18:42   #95
SouthpawG26

By the way,

Don't you just love the 007 poster material moves for "observe and assess"?

Oh, and now for the Tactical Response response to the ensuing Tactical Safety Outrage:
Old 12-28-2012, 18:54   #96
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawG26 View Post
But wait!!!

There's more!!!!

"Five shots into the little stupid retarded moron, five shots...."
2009 6 25 Tactical Response photographer - YouTube
It just gets worse and worse with this guy. If we could somehow combine him with the CTD threads going on it would be bigger than the cardboard box thread of legend.

Last edited by Ruggles; 12-28-2012 at 18:55..
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 18:56   #97
SouthpawG26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
It just gets worse and worse with this guy. If we could somehow combine him with the CTD threads going on it would be bigger than the cardboard box thread of legend.
It's not unsafe, it's STRESS INOCULATION!
Old 12-28-2012, 18:58   #98
Kilrain
Señor Member

Quote:
Bren, I think that your state just made that up for you.......

- Sterling Archer
Kilrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 19:17   #99
KalashniKEV

Here's his grandma telling us he's not a coward:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=xg7lX7-HoTw

Look how nervous and overcome by emotion he is.

This is why you should not just accept training from anybody.

Pat Rogers was a Fraud.

Gabe Suarez is a welfare rat and a convicted felon.
KalashniKEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 19:19   #100
TactiCool

the real james yeager

Speechless...

TactiCool is offline   Reply With Quote