GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-28-2012, 00:05   #51
Ruggles

Not sure how much clearer #10 could have been.

"the battle that ensues when they try to confiscate our guns.

That's going to be a GREAT DAY!!!!!"

It's got a dancing banana for God's sake, as if it's a carnival or football game he is talking about.

Either way you are right preventing a new AWB is the course to pursue. But I have yet to read of any suggestion of it not being a Grandfather clause so confiscation is not even in play in a new AWB. Seems to be a whole lot of conjecture leading to bravado over something no one is even talking about in D.C.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 00:19   #52
Gills63

So NEOH is going to lead a revolution that will destroy all her enemies. And then take the country back. Hmmm, who are you going to place in a seat of power? And you are excited about this great day? Complete anarchy that will forever destroy this country and create generations of civil unrest and internal fighting. I'm not sure I want to live in Somalia.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Gills63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 00:41   #53
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gills63 View Post
So NEOH is going to lead a revolution that will destroy all her enemies. And then take the country back. Hmmm, who are you going to place in a seat of power? And you are excited about this great day? Complete anarchy that will forever destroy this country and create generations of civil unrest and internal fighting. I'm not sure I want to live in Somalia.
And you are?

Oh let me guess, one the those libatards I referred to above that likes to twist and bend our words?

Who the hell said anything about leading some kind of revolution?

Where the hell did I say I was excited about Anarchy or civil unrest?

Face the reality of the situation. If things got that bad, wouldn't you love to see your enemies brought down?

Think about every other dictator that confiscated guns and what happened shortly there after.

Look at history. I know if things got that bad, I wouldn't stand to live in a nation where I couldn't be armed and would fight to protect my right to be armed.

Either way, you'll be fighting someone sooner or later if your guns are taken. Weather it be the people that try to take them or the people that still have theirs after the law abiding sheep turn theirs in.

You might as well fight to keep them! Of course I wouldn't expect a lib to understand that.

Amidst all the things they would have ruined at that point. After all the things they would have just taken from you. After all the rights that would be striped away from you at that point, wouldn't justice give you satisfaction?

I know it would me.

Furthermore, isn't the pursuit of justice the moral obligation and the right of those of which had their rights violated?

Your damn right it is!

Who would I place in a seat of power you ask?

Who the hell said anything about that and what the hell does that have to do with fighting to keep your gun rights?

Do you have issues with comprehension or something? Or was it your intention to go off topic?

All that I recall stating is that I would fight to keep my guns.

You went off in left field with all the rest of that crap.

Now go tell the Jews and Russians that lived through gun confiscation, genocide, and oppression that we're off base with the way we feel about this.

Unless your one of those people that will claim communism never killed anyone and the Holocaust never happened.

Last edited by NEOH212; 12-28-2012 at 01:04..
NEOH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 00:46   #54
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Not sure how much clearer #10 could have been.

"the battle that ensues when they try to confiscate our guns.

That's going to be a GREAT DAY!!!!!"

It's got a dancing banana for God's sake, as if it's a carnival or football game he is talking about.

Either way you are right preventing a new AWB is the course to pursue. But I have yet to read of any suggestion of it not being a Grandfather clause so confiscation is not even in play in a new AWB. Seems to be a whole lot of conjecture leading to bravado over something no one is even talking about in D.C.

Cuomo is talking about it and you know damn well if he's thinking about it, so is some commie in DC. You can't tell me their not.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2012/12/...n-option-12029

Also, maybe the dancing banana is his way of saying if they want to pick a fight when it comes down to it, bring it on because we're not afraid of you.

Maybe it should be taken as a warning to those would attempt unconstitutional acts against the people.
Old 12-28-2012, 00:52   #55
1337-G
Armed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawolf View Post
Incremental liberalism. I have seen it in AZ. As the kalifornicators have moved into AZ they want to get away from high taxes, so they leave the PRC, and then bring their lib ideas and are slowly turning AZ into a blue state.
And Nevada has also fallen to the creeping liberal crud.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:01   #56
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOH212 View Post
Cuomo is talking about it and you know damn well if he's thinking about it, so is some commie in DC. You can't tell me their not.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2012/12/...n-option-12029

Also, maybe the dancing banana is his way of saying if they want to pick a fight when it comes down to it, bring it on because we're not afraid of you.

Maybe it should be taken as a warning to those would attempt unconstitutional acts against the people.

Dancing bananas as a sign of defiance! Yeah you are reaching more than Reed Richards trying to explain the meaning of that post
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:02   #57
Gills63

I guess my point was that if you start a physical fight to protect your guns, it will not end neatly and cleanly. Your post made it sound like you are willing to take on the entire US military and Federal goverment. Those would be your enemies in this scenario. If you win and actually stop them all, then what do you would follow? Yup, anarchy.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:13   #58
GunHo198

This kinda reminds me of July 4th 1776. Maybe the Firearms community needs to get together and write a Declaration of Independence and send it to DC......

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 12-28-2012, 01:14   #59
Gills63

[QUOTE=NEOH212;19788315]Maye it can mean it will be great day in the sense that we finally know where we stand and what we have to do.

Also, it would be a great day to see the enemy fall that's brought us to that point.

It would also mean there's a chance that we could be in a real position to take our country back since we didn't have to worry about operating with in the confines of the law or system anymore since the system would have failed at that point.

We wouldn't have to worry about doing what had to be done at that point. We wouldn't have to worry about going to work. We wouldn't have to worry about taking the car to the shop, making ends meet, going to some party, ect.

Sounds like anarchy to me.

We would have to spend all out time and efforts taking back what's ours and exterminating the enemy that took it from us.

Unrealistic? Improbable? Not doable? Maybe but when we have noting left to loose, which would be the case at that time if everything went brown and SHTF, having the opportunity under those circumstances to get rid of the bastards that ruined our country would make for a pretty damn good day!

Who are these "bastards"? How do plan to get of them?

It would finally mean it's come down to the nasty of nasty times and we would realize the gloves have to come off.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:15   #60
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post

Dancing bananas as a sign of defiance! Yeah you are reaching more than Reed Richards trying to explain the meaning of that post
Maybe your just reading it to mean what you think is means and not with the intent that the OP had.

That's kind of like what the left wingers do when the read the Second Amendment and say Militia is the military and the word people doesn't mean anything.

(Not to imply your a left winger.)

So are you saying I gave that banana a good reach around?

Old 12-28-2012, 01:23   #61
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Who are these "bastards"? How do plan to get of them?
I don't know who they are or who they would be.

All I'm concerned with is preserving my freedoms including my right to keep and bare arms.

If people want to, "Get them" that's up to them. I'll leave that up to those that want Anarchy and whatever else.

I just want to keep and protect what I already have and I can't do that without being armed.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:48   #62
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
I guess my point was that if you start a physical fight to protect your guns, it will not end neatly and cleanly.
First of all, I wouldn't be the one starting the fight. There wouldn't be a fight as long as no one tries to disarm me. I've done noting illegal that would warrant my guns being confiscated so no one has the right to do so. As such and that being the case, I'll defend my right to be armed.

Quote:
Your post made it sound like you are willing to take on the entire US military and Federal government. Those would be your enemies in this scenario. If you win and actually stop them all, then what do you would follow? Yup, anarchy.
Again, it comes down to what was in your mind when you read it, not what I wrote.

It's funny how that works isn't it?

Plus, your assuming that our military and law enforcement would be used. I don't think whoever would give them the order to do so would have any great success in getting them to comply.

Now it's time for a little lesson. Ready?

Anarchy

Noun

1. A state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.

Definition one would only apply when one has the authority to do something in the first place. A unconstitutional law/order holds no authority what so ever. So, in that situation there is no authority to be recognized.

Hence, definition one wouldn't apply.

2. Absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal.

Just because there is resistance, it wouldn't automatically make the existing Government in power null and void .

Besides, for a nation to be truly free, good leadership is necessary and I'm not sure that we could have absolute freedom without a Government in place.

So definition two doesn't apply either.

So, I don't see where your getting Anarchy out of all of this nor where anyone even mentioned it, let alone is advocating it here.

Last edited by NEOH212; 12-28-2012 at 01:50..
Old 12-28-2012, 01:54   #63
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Sounds like anarchy to me.
No, it's called stating the obvious.

And it's not Anarchy and again, no one is advocating it here.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:59   #64
Gills63

Fair enough. I can't argue with any of that. My concern is that a lot of folks (not necessarily you) are talking tough as of late and some of them don't seem to be looking far enough ahead. A persons mind is their most powerful asset, guns are just tools right? Guns don't preserve freedom, people preserve freedom (sometimes with guns).

I'm not saying people should be cowards or not stand up for freedom, but be smart about it. The whole "cold, dead hand" things sounds cool...except your dead....and you lost your gun.

Folks can do whatever whatever they want. Just make sure you know if you are the cavalry or the Sioux if you choose to have your own Last Stand.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:13   #65
Gills63

As far as anarchy goes. I guess I assumed you were fighting to win. In which case, that would involve the complete overthrow of the US government.

I assumed since you mentioned nobody would work or pay their bills that a complete break down of society would occur. Once all essential service stopped, anarchy would occur.

I'm not sure I understood what you meant by the nastiest of the nasty and the gloves coming off. If you did not mean a total destruction of the US government, what were you talking about doing? Do you think if you kill a few federal agents or local LEOs, then people would just leave you be? That they would move on to the next house? I'm just curious on who people think they will be fighting and what the end result would be.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:16   #66
cowboy1964

If it comes down to it I believe states like Texas will be deputizing a LOT of people so that they can avoid confiscation. Train then, background check them silly, pay them $1 per year. They wont have any police powers. What should we call them?

- State Peace Officers
- Armed Civilian Corps
- State Militia (has a nice tie-in with the second Amendment)

Chime in with other name ideas!

Last edited by cowboy1964; 12-28-2012 at 02:34..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:21   #67
Gills63

LOL. I love it. Now somebodys thinking!

Old 12-28-2012, 02:24   #68
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Fair enough. I can't argue with any of that. My concern is that a lot of folks (not necessarily you) are talking tough as of late and some of them don't seem to be looking far enough ahead. A persons mind is their most powerful asset, guns are just tools right? Guns don't preserve freedom, people preserve freedom (sometimes with guns).
I agree totally.

Quote:
I'm not saying people should be cowards or not stand up for freedom, but be smart about it. The whole "cold, dead hand" things sounds cool...except your dead....and you lost your gun.
Again, I totally agree. Many people seem far to eager to resort to violence right away. I believe that everyone should be prepared to defend their rights by whatever means necessary and not be afraid to do so, nor by shy about being ready and willing to do so.

However, as Americans we have both a moral and civic duty to ourselves and each other to exhaust all other options first before we make the decision to use any kind of force.

I think there is still hope for us, and we're not even close to a point where a armed response would be warranted or deemed necessary. (Thankfully.)

Quote:
Folks can do whatever whatever they want. Just make sure you know if you are the cavalry or the Sioux if you choose to have your own Last Stand.
If we all stand together now and use every legislative and political means available to us, nobody will ever have to even consider a last stand.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:36   #69
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
As far as anarchy goes. I guess I assumed you were fighting to win. In which case, that would involve the complete overthrow of the US government.

I assumed since you mentioned nobody would work or pay their bills that a complete break down of society would occur. Once all essential service stopped, anarchy would occur.

I'm not sure I understood what you meant by the nastiest of the nasty and the gloves coming off. If you did not mean a total destruction of the US government, what were you talking about doing? Do you think if you kill a few federal agents or local LEOs, then people would just leave you be? That they would move on to the next house? I'm just curious on who people think they will be fighting and what the end result would be.
Your still assuming our military and law enforcement would be involved and used for this purpose. I don't think most of them would comply with a order to do so. Some will but not the majority. (That's just one girls opinion though.)

Also, not everyone in the government is bad and against us. Furthermore, I never said anything about killing anyone.

I simply conveyed a hypothetical scenario as an example and it does not necessarily reflect or depict the events that would take place should something like this ever occur.

I'm also not sure the anarchy you keep referring to would result in the destruction of the government.

Lastly, people that think they could overthrow the government are seriously deluding themselves.

Last edited by NEOH212; 12-28-2012 at 02:38..
Old 12-28-2012, 04:15   #70
BicycleDay43
00 Buck dude

Quote:
I guess my point was that if you start a physical fight to protect your guns, it will not end neatly and cleanly. Your post made it sound like you are willing to take on the entire US military and Federal goverment. Those would be your enemies in this scenario. If you win and actually stop them all, then what do you would follow? Yup, anarchy.

I don't intend to win the fight. I just intend to follow in the footsteps of the men that secured this country as a free one. When tyranny, greed and power tried to overcome the common man, they fought back and a lot of them were obliterated brutally. They died by the hands of a foreign governments soldiers. Died by musket, buckshot, bayonet, and other unforgiving dismemberment.

Why is it so hard for you to just accept the inevitable outcome of living life: death; And not to mention for the cause and decent principle of upholding and securing what those men, hundreds of years ago died for in order to retain a true, free way of living for their children, for generations to come after them?
BicycleDay43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:38   #71
barth
six barrels

General Firearms Forum
barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:08   #72
OrangePwr9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicycleDay43 View Post
I don't intend to win the fight. I just intend to follow in the footsteps of the men that secured this country as a free one. When tyranny, greed and power tried to overcome the common man, they fought back and a lot of them were obliterated brutally. They died by the hands of a foreign governments soldiers. Died by musket, buckshot, bayonet, and other unforgiving dismemberment.

Why is it so hard for you to just accept the inevitable outcome of living life: death; And not to mention for the cause and decent principle of upholding and securing what those men, hundreds of years ago died for in order to retain a true, free way of living for their children, for generations to come after them?
Well said! Amen and Amen.
OrangePwr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:16   #73
Comedian

Police and military personnel would be the ones to conduct confiscation. They always are and they almost always do as they are told. Remember Waco?
Comedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:51   #74
dukeblue91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicycleDay43 View Post

Well said.
And no it won't be a great day for anyone.
But is that not the real reason that we have the 2nd amendment to protect us and give us rights to not live by the rules that are proposed.
dukeblue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:31   #75
Baba Louie

One Scenario

Just look to our own history. It will, more than likely, repeat itself.

Taxation without representation to pay off debts occured by deficit spending (all King George III wanted was to pay off the debt the French & Indian War brought about to GB, and since the Colonists were the recipients of that outcome he felt they/we should be the ones who paid)

Grumbling amongst colonists, a little small act of rebellion or two (TEA Party anyone?)

Occupation by Troops (notably in Boston... see Tea Party above)

A small massacre in Boston as a result of a hullabaloo riot as it were.

People fleeing Boston had to turn over their arms to the British guarding the city who then turned them back into the seiged town, now disarmed.

Confiscation of ALL arms and ammunition (one if by land, two if by sea. TO ARMS TO ARMS THE BRITISH ARE COMING)

Concord Bridge (disperse ye damn rebels BANG -- Its On CUZ!)

Declaration of Independence the following year after 13 months of sporadic fighting.

Hell on earth for the next few years in the colonies who took on the single mightiest force in the world. Militia typically did not fight too well as I recall reading. Tories were all about the Kings rights.

Rebels had to borrow money to fight, had to coax the French into helping, who then wisely waited for any type of victory first to see if it was worth their while.

That was then.

Today about half of the population live in cities with maybe 7 days of food on the shelves, water and power easily controlled, cities easily isolated via National Defense Highways (we call them freeways but Uncle Sam owns them).
You want to leave town to go visit Uncle Joe out in the sticks??? Ok. But first... You want to go into town to buy supplies? Ok. But first...

Of course, in the aftermath, when all the old school 2nd amendment Patriots are dead and villified for bringing on all the heartache and trouble to the poor poor starving souls remaining, now being fed and clothed, given medical care by a grateful govt who always stood behind the little people, the helpless and meek... I suppose life on the plantation would go on as usual. Maybe a few more police overseer types to keep an eye on troublemakers who would quickly be neutralized, but life... would go on. The survivors will be glad. and unarmed. Maybe. Possibly. Probably. For the Children.

So let us do all we can politically via soap box and ballot box before push comes to shove.

Use Common Sense (didn't Thomas Paine write something about that? )
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Baba Louie is offline   Reply With Quote