SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:26   #21
HexHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
didnt we control the house when obama care was pushed through?

didnt the scotus change obama care so that it fell as a tax instead?

didnt obama use executive orders to change a lot of things while he holds the office?

do you still believe that the house of reps will stay conservative?

do you still believe the scotus will stand by the constitution and not revise it?

do you still believe obama wont threaten others with executive orders and other things?

dont be naive about the levels the democrats will sink to in order to get their way and change America from made it great.
Wow, for starters don't you remember Speaker Pelosi telling everyone they needed to vote for 0bamacare to see what's inside it? No, the Dems controlled the House and Senate and it was passed without a single Republican vote.

The SCOTUS said the penalty was a tax, and Congress had the authority to levy taxes. The Penalty was the question before them. They also said the States couldn't be blackmailed into expanding their Medicaid. I guess that part of their decision went right over your head too?

0bma hasn't changed much with executive orders. They aren't an unlimited power.

The House is standing pretty firm on the Fiscal Cliff. The Pubbies know they'll never get reelected if they throw guns under the bus.

SCOTUS doesn't have the power to revise the Constitution. Only Congress does, with a supermajority and it also requires a supermajority ratification by a majority of states. You really don't know how our government works judging by your questions.
HexHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:54   #22
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

The ban would turn all handguns into nfa weapons thus making them illegal to carry.
Old 12-27-2012, 14:00   #23
Gunnut 45/454

fuzzy03cls
And the evil black rifle was found in the trunk of his car unused in the killing of the children! Funny how that little detail wasn't on the news ! Now how could that happen with Obamamoa truth telling media!
Old 12-27-2012, 14:13   #24
cowboy1964

I don't see how NFA registration and no transfers (especially no transfers) survives court challenges. Unless Obama picks a new Supreme. Then we're screwed.

Elections have consequences.

Last edited by cowboy1964; 12-27-2012 at 14:13..
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 14:27   #25
DNS

The house speaker has already said it's time to put gun control on the table!
DNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 14:47   #26
Palmguy
Boom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel McBadass View Post
The ban would turn all handguns into nfa weapons thus making them illegal to carry.
Citation.
Palmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 14:58   #27
The Fed

Beware the government's ability to change existing federal regulations. They do not need to make new laws - they can easily amend BATF regs. I personally wrote changes to federal procurement regulations.
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 14:58   #28
Ruggles

I hope everyone predicting no new AWB is right. I am not as optimistic. I read a lot of post on her in Oct & Nov about how Romeny was going to win as well...all with these great little facts and reasons why.....

I think we might escape on this year but 2014 maybe not so much.......
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 17:10   #29
TheLoonyMonk

How to prevent school shootings

[URL]http://www.northeastern.edu/news/in-the-news/how-to-prevent-school-shootings/[/URL]
TheLoonyMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 17:28   #30
skyboss_4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMTactical View Post
However unlikely you think it is, we must treat it as if it is a great threat. Our response to this proposal should be very clear and very loud.
Agreed! We cannot get caught with our pants down!
Old 12-27-2012, 17:55   #31
pag23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient_serpent View Post
Gentlemen, this was posted in another thread, but http://1389blog.com/2012/12/23/larry...e-and-for-all/

Give that a read over, I think you'll feel better. I was, and it makes me realize that there are a lot of us in America that feel the same way.
Great article written by that guy. I completely agree with his points.
Old 12-27-2012, 18:15   #32
skyboss_4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient_serpent View Post
Gentlemen, this was posted in another thread, but http://1389blog.com/2012/12/23/larry...e-and-for-all/

Give that a read over, I think you'll feel better. I was, and it makes me realize that there are a lot of us in America that feel the same way.
Excellent article! Thanks for sharing, Serpent.
Old 12-27-2012, 18:25   #33
porschedog

Just one more reason to join the NRA

NRA Life Member / Creepy-Ass Cracker
Florida Glockers #172126
porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 21:09   #34
Made in Austria

I always wondered how much political influence firearm manufacturers actually have. I mean, it's still a multi-billion dollar industry with lots of employees all over the nation. Not to mention all the gun stores which would be in deep trouble if such a new ban would pass, as well as firearms and firearm accessories manufacturers.

Makes me wonder if some of the bigger firearm manufacturers created/create some kind of alliance which talk/$$$ law makers out of stupid ideas such as bans and other business harming restrictions. Remember how many people would lose their jobs in the firearms industry, and how much tax revenues will stop flowing in uncle sam's pockets.

Last edited by Made in Austria; 12-27-2012 at 21:19..
Made in Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 22:05   #35
t4terrific

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
didnt we control the house when obama care was pushed through?

didnt the scotus change obama care so that it fell as a tax instead?

didnt obama use executive orders to change a lot of things while he holds the office?

do you still believe that the house of reps will stay conservative?

do you still believe the scotus will stand by the constitution and not revise it?

do you still believe obama wont threaten others with executive orders and other things?

dont be naive about the levels the democrats will sink to in order to get their way and change America from made it great.
The Democrats had majorities in the house and senate for Obamacare. Obamacare passed without a single Republican vote.
t4terrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 22:07   #36
WoodenPlank
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4terrific View Post
The Democrats had majorities in the house and senate for Obamacare. Obamacare passed without a single Republican vote.
Even then, they had to get the last votes by hook and by crook.
Old 12-27-2012, 22:34   #37
Jumper

Great article! One of the best I've ever read on the anti logic of gun control.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
10 Ring Member #661944

You can have my guns when I run out of ammo. Which wont be happening anytime soon.
Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 22:55   #38
Diesel McBadass
Tactically Epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
Citation.
my state bans carrying nfa weapons
Old 12-27-2012, 23:33   #39
rservin77

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMTactical View Post
However unlikely you think it is, we must treat it as if it is a great threat. Our response to this proposal should be very clear and very loud.
Correct.
rservin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 00:02   #40
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

1) We control the House
It makes no difference. We only control it for now and not all Republicans are pro-gun and not all Dems are anti-gun. The gun issue does cross party lines. Heck, Both Harry Reid and Howard Dean have A ratings from NRA. Even if the House held firm for now, wait for the next election to see how it goes if we lose the House, which is a real possiblity with the way the voter fraud and uninformed voters swinging this last election.

2) SCOTUS ruled the 2nd amendment is a RIGHT
Again, the current Court said it as much but left it up to the states to regulate within their interpretation, so you still have people living in states and cities with very restrictive rules about owning guns, much less carrying. Again, wait for one current Justice to retire, and Obama appoints another Justice, and this issue will be revisited right quick with the anti-gunners to get another interpretation that there is no right.

3) The Liberals are panicking as they lose their gun control narrative!
Not as much as we think they are. They don't care for the most part because they have the leftist machine behind them. They will ride this wave for all its worth because you never let something like this go to waste without using it to further your agenda.

4) Executive Order will accomplish nothing as obama has no authority to issue new law! He's out of place here and will easily lose any court battle!
Nobody has really challenged him so far on deciding how he executes the laws, including non-enforcement of immigration laws and he doesn't even need to issue any EO's on this. All he has to do is have DOJ, BATFE, and other administrative agencies issue new onerous regulations and enforce them like crazy to run gun businesses out of business. Ammo? Just have EPA issue regulations restricting gun powder and lead or Department of Interior or Parks regulate the same and eliminate a huge chunk of the market to kill off ammo manufacturers. It ain't rocket science.

5) The gun control tide is losing steam and were winning the majority of all gun control polls, And the NRA is gaining as many as 8K new members a day!
Doesn't mean a thing. NRA can lobby and petition and ***** and moan, while the liberal MSM ignores them or makes them out to be crazies like the hit job on the Tea Party. The NRA also is not any part of the government that makes any difference when it comes to the AWB. While I support the NRA and have been a life member for decades, I don't have any illusions about what the NRA can and can't do.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote