Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:06   #81
TSAX
USAF Vet

For those who have had issue with Kel Tec PF9. This was a good read and I thought Id share this article and the original article it reference. After reading these articles would you trust the Kel-Tec PF-9 or Kel-Tec at all.

Kel_Tec Fail

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...il/#more-15260

http://gunnuts.net/2012/12/11/kel-te...er-300-rounds/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

GSSF Member
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Member
TSAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:09   #82
mack0311

Tie between a 1936 mosin I bought thinking it'd be a fun plinker(got one in rather rough shape) and a keltec pf9. A Springfield 1911 GI I owned for two weeks is a close second tho. I ended up making money off of the Springfield and broke even off of the keltec. I ended up paying someone to take the damn mosin pretty much. Couldn't wait to free up the room in the safe.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
mack0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:45   #83
plouffedaddy

Worst ever---Kimber Ultra Carry II. Went back and forth with "CS" at Kimber for over a year before selling to a gunsmith who said he could fix it. I don't think it ever fired a full magazine without at least one malfunction. Combine that with atrocious CS and I'll never buy another and I tell everyone I know to stay away from them...

Certified Glock Armorer
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:58   #84
jdw174

A DA Beretta in .40 that was issued to my department just after I retired. I've never liked Berettas anyway, and after getting a chance to shoot the new issue, that just reenforced my dislike. The trigger was an abomination and any kind of accurate shooting with it was an impossibility. I found it a marvel that anyone could hope to qualify with one. (Dept now issues Glocks in .45 GAP)
jdw174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:22   #85
smokin762

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctfireman View Post
It was very strange. The 1st 1000 or so rounds went well then it all went to hell. Couldn't get thru a mag without an issue. Tried new mags, ammo, polished feed ramp, nothing worked. Sold it for a profit since i got it new for $230-ish.
Iíve got more than 1,000 rounds through mine, but I will keep an eye out for these problems.

Thanks for the heads up.
smokin762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:34   #86
CigarandScotch
Fartacus

Walther PK380- jammomatic POS. First gun I ever had that I had to work on right out of the box to get it running right. Once I was satisfied that it would operate reliably, I sold it at a pretty deep discount. Too bad, because it felt great in the hand, and was super accurate.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:52   #87
deadmanglocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
ive dreamt of a vp70z for 25 or so years i guess. Id tarde for one of i could find one somebody wanted to get rid of and wanted one of my guns....

What about yours did you not like?
Pm me if you're serious.
deadmanglocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:30   #88
Dubble-Tapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
For those who have had issue with Kel Tec PF9. This was a good read and I thought Id share this article and the original article it reference. After reading these articles would you trust the Kel-Tec PF-9 or Kel-Tec at all.

Kel_Tec Fail

Lmao at the guy calling the CMM a robot... It's a coordinate measuring machine, not a magic robot
Dubble-Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:52   #89
WarEagle32

A sporterized Mosin Nagant. Dreadful!
WarEagle32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:24   #90
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSmith View Post
Any 1911 or BHP. After all the hype I had heard my entire life, they absolutely did not live up to the hype

What 1911s did you try out of curiosity?
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:30   #91
garya1961

The Mosin is a good rifle if you get one with a good bore. A friend and I can burst 20oz Mellow Yellow bottles at 150 yards with no problem with ours. I have a M39 that will shoot groups less than 2 inches at 150 yards.
My Taurus PT1911 has never jammed and is as accurate as any of my other guns.
I have Universal M1 that's good to go. It's an early one below #70,000 and made with GI parts.
My ruger Mini 30 is as accurate as my Savage 270 Win up to 150 yards with remington ammo.
My Rossi 38 (made by Taurus) was my carry gun for years and never gave me a problem.
My Kel Tec P3AT has never failed.
My Kel Tec PF9 did have a couple light strikes after about 300 rounds but a good cleaning( including the firing pin channel)) took care of that.
I also have a Kel Tec P40 that's good to go.

Last edited by garya1961; 12-27-2012 at 12:33..
garya1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 13:14   #92
Just_plinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post

Kel_Tec Fail

Anything mechanical can fail at any time. That is a disappointing article, but other manufacturers have had similar snafus. My pf-9 works great. It ejects the brass strong which I hope is a sign it's not thinking about jamming. That being said, i don't wear it out at the range, but I'll trust it 'till it proves me wrong.
Old 12-27-2012, 15:50   #93
checkyoursix

The worst I owned was a Taurus Slim, I don't remember the exact denomination and I don't care. As unpleasant as it was unreliable. Had to save some more for a PPS, it was such a change.

The worst I ever shot? Taurus revolvers, a High Point, the usual. Bad, bad bad.

Bertrand Russell
checkyoursix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 15:55   #94
brickboy240

The WWII Italian M-38 Carcano.

Seriously....shoot one and you will all of a sudden think the JFK conspiracy folks are some very sane people!

Honestly...no way Oswald made those shots with one of these crappy rifles.

What were the Italians thinking? So close to Oberndorf and their allies were using Mausers. Why this POS?

-brickboy240
Old 12-27-2012, 16:04   #95
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
The WWII Italian M-38 Carcano.

Seriously....shoot one and you will all of a sudden think the JFK conspiracy folks are some very sane people!

Honestly...no way Oswald made those shots with one of these crappy rifles.

What were the Italians thinking? So close to Oberndorf and their allies were using Mausers. Why this POS?

-brickboy240
Horse puckey.

I have one that I hit melon sized targets with at the same distance as Oswald and I was using iron sights from a bench. I did that when I was a teen at my Father's insistence while I was going through a "conspiracy" phase that I quickly outgrew.

Dad insisted I know what I was talking about when I opened my yap, and we had a Carcano that was a family "bring back" heirloom.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 16:15   #96
VZ1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
Odds are limp wrist or bad magazine spring.

I have a DE44mag. I have issues shooting when tired (weak wrist). I also replaced a magazine spring that gave me issues.
I had issues with it since day one. And the second trip back they supplied 2 new mags. So it wasn't the mags.

I have to disagree with limp wrist as well. Other people shot it and had the same issues. I use a strong 2 hand hold in isosceles stance and have never suffered a gun malfunction due to limp wrist.

The gun simply was a $1200+ paperweight. It happens. It sucked, but it happens...

Proud Father of a United States Marine!
VZ1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 16:17   #97
vafish

Grendel P10, the precursor to keltec.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.
educate children." -- Confucius
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 17:03   #98
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZ1600 View Post
I had issues with it since day one. And the second trip back they supplied 2 new mags. So it wasn't the mags.

I have to disagree with limp wrist as well. Other people shot it and had the same issues. I use a strong 2 hand hold in isosceles stance and have never suffered a gun malfunction due to limp wrist.

The gun simply was a $1200+ paperweight. It happens. It sucked, but it happens...

There is of course the third option which I have never seen......

Lemon.
Old 12-27-2012, 17:53   #99
doktarZues
I'm anti-anti

Rossi (which I believe is owned by Taurus) .357 revolver. The cylinder was crooked enough to get hung up every now and again .. could easily see it wobble when you open the cylinder and give it a good spin, unfortunately I didn't do that when I bought it in fear of looking like a dork. That won't happen again...

Also have a S&W 15/22 that's a jammomatic .. consider myself lucky to get through a mag without a failure, 2 failures is probably the average. Happens with all magazines.

Those are the only guns I've ever had problems with. I would like to sort out the 15/22 one day, because it's actually a really cool little plinker when it has a good day.
Old 12-27-2012, 17:59   #100
Mach3

Taurus 9mm, only gun I have ever gotten rid of that I am glad it is gone.
Mach3 is offline   Reply With Quote