Old 12-27-2012, 08:44   #1
The Fed

LA Gun Buy-Back a Great Success!

Yeah, right. http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...success/60349/
The Fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:06   #2
glock2740
Gun lover.

One guy shows up with 22 handguns in his trunk and takes $50-100 each for them? And I'm sure there is a no questions asked policy that goes with this process. See, that's how libs think. It's ok to let a known criminal/murderer walk away...with cash in hand, tax payer cash BTW, just to have that warm fuzzy feeling knowing that there's one less gun on the street. Fools. I wonder how many of those guns were stolen from law abiding citizens? How many were used in crimes? How many used in murders? How many ex-felons were paid to hand over a gun they they couldn't legally posess? The bad guys laugh at this BS. They just got paid to hand over a gun that could convict them with zero consiquences. What a joke. It's hard to fathom that the mayor's of three of the biggest cities in this country (New York, L.A. and Chicago) are three of the biggest bafoons out there.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:45   #3
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

L.A. is not known for the intellegence of its folks.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 13:56   #4
DonD

Yeah, Villaraigosa is a typical big city, liberal jerk. Anti gun to the core but accomplishes nothing in terms of making the city safer.

Wow, more than 1670 guns in a city the size of LA, that's a pitiful drop in the bucket and how many of them were inoperable?

$200 for a working AR, what a joke, if it was in good shape they could have made a big profit on it.

Anti gun clowns. Don

Last edited by DonD; 12-27-2012 at 15:14..
DonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 14:21   #5
spork
Caffeinator

I know a couple of folks who have gone to these events and watched what came in. From what I am told, lots of bb guns, pellet guns, broken guns, etc., are brought in. Occasionaly, old heirloom guns that bolonged to someone's deceased family member come in.

If we had them in my city, I would probably go by and see what I could pick up. Hell, I have a bunch of gift cards from Christmas. I'll gladly trade a McDonalds gift card for your deceased father/husband/crazy uncle's gun that you inherited and don't want anymore. Hell, bring me an M1 Garand and I'll throw in a trip to the nearest McDonald's and buy you a McRib. Bring me a nice old pistol like a 1911, Luger, etc., and I'll upsize it to a value meal.
Old 12-27-2012, 14:26   #6
AZson

It is because unemployment is so rampant there this is the only way they can make a few bucks.
Old 12-27-2012, 14:49   #7
Texas357
CLM Number 224
Señor Member

Heck, a trunk full of liquor might make bargaining even easier

"I nominate you for President of Texas!" - Dr. Octagon
"I accept your nomination, and thank you for your vote."- Texas357
Texas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 15:58   #8
Bruce M

Quote:
L.A. is not known for the intellegence of its folks.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.

Last edited by Bruce M; 12-27-2012 at 15:58..
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 16:18   #9
Mercedesrover

I can't wait for the next one to come to CT. I have a horrible old rusty Mossberg bolt shotgun that's missing the magazine and a crappy old $5 revolver. I can get $100 for those two and I'll turn right around and buy ammo or magazines.
Mercedesrover is offline   Reply With Quote