Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:15   #41
Spiffums
I.C.P.

Whatever I am issued by the militia that I join in our fight to reclaim the country in Revolutionary War 2/Civil War 2.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:29   #42
shadow_dog
Hilljack

A pic of Obama. That should scare away anyone.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:29   #43
Leper

My same AR I have now. I will be exempt. If I wasn't one of the .308 bolt action rifles I have now.
Leper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:41   #44
conpro

My ak.
conpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:47   #45
Tango 1Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmedman View Post
I will arm myself with one of my half dozen AR platform rifles...
Because I expect to completely ignore any and all infringements to my 2A.

It's the Bill of Rights. Not the Bill of Allowed.

SAME! Enough is ENOUGH!
Old 12-23-2012, 10:48   #46
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
Whatever I am issued by the militia that I join in our fight to reclaim the country in Revolutionary War 2/Civil War 2.
Black Rifle Forum

Old 12-23-2012, 11:33   #47
Gunnut 45/454

ksmedman
Agreed 100%!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:04   #48
arclight610

I just bought a Mini 14 today. Probably that.
arclight610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:20   #49
akgunnut

I will arm myself with the very same rifles I purchased before the ban. I'm not giving them up for anyone or anything.
akgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 13:23   #50
Made in Austria

There will be no confiscation. This would be insane. There is still a second amendment which they will and have to respect, even Obama, Biden, Bloomberg, Feinstein, etc. know that there is now way around it. There is just too much resistance from every side. They know that they are done if something like this would pass which is impossible at this time, maybe in a 100 years when humanity reaches a new stage of consciousness or something. We won't even see an new AWB ban.

But, I am sure we will see something. Probably some minor gun law restrictions/changes. The left thinks that they have to do something after those horrible incidents, they have to make the left happy with something, that way they can jump up and down for a few minutes and open a bottle of shampain or something.

They are too lazy and too unintelligent to work on the real problem. They just want to see us hand over our assoult weapons, which are no assoult weapons. But they won't because we and the founding fathers are still too strong.
Made in Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 13:24   #51
wolf19r
Problem Solved!

Send a message via AIM to wolf19r
Im thinking make a lever action 5.56. But anyways my good old 870
Old 12-23-2012, 13:46   #52
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf19r View Post
Im thinking make a lever action 5.56. But anyways my good old 870
How about a pump action 5.56?
Black Rifle Forum
Black Rifle Forum

Old 12-23-2012, 14:20   #53
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

David killed Goliath with a sling, not a slingshot, which is an entirely different animal.

Having come under fire from some Arabs with them on the Lebanese border of Israel, they're no joke. Anyone without a helmet (like I was) and half the guys WITH helmets could have been killed if those idiots had any accuracy. They were hurling cobblestone size rocks at 50-100m. The IDF was shooting back with rubber bullets. That was nice, because the Arabs were going for the lethal option, and I'd have just shot them.

David was using the smaller golfball sized rocks going by the descriptions, with serious accuracy and lethality. The Roman army used slingers with lead or fired-clay "bullets" for the same reason. Against a massed target (think rioting mob) what's basically a patch of leather and two strings can effectively deter or injure people at short rifle distances...accurately, with practice. Even lethal option if it came down to it. I don't think we're going to have a new magazine called Slings & Spears Weekly, but remember it's not weapons that are dangerous, it's people and their minds.

Technology and training go hand in hand. If semiautos got banned, we'd be using 100 year old technology with current optics and options and training. A good man with a bolt action can seriously raise hell. It wouldn't be as easy or as 'cool' as a modern AR, but a rifleman with a bolt or levergun teamed with a second person with a shotgun has pretty much all the bases covered.

Same thing armies did in the 40s and 50s, having 2-3 guys with SMGs and a squad of guys with bolt guns are semiautos to cover close and long range.

Ruger wouldn't be the only one building Scout-ish rifles in that instance, and there'd be a resurgence of popularity in leverguns, whether traditional tube feds or the '95 Winchester/Savage 99/BLR mag fed types.

A .308, 7mm-08, .270, any of the medium 7mm sized rounds, topped with aperature sights and an Aimpoint or fixed 2X would be the apex of WW1-WW2 technology level fighting rifles w/o going to a semiauto action. It'd be back to slightly heavier calibers and trying to ensure a first round hit was a channel changer, rather than multiple smaller caliber hits, fast in the same place.

Your average .30-30 or .357 levergun will still defend a house quite well, especially with modern updates (XS sights, a weaponlight) if it comes down to it.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."

Last edited by MrMurphy; 12-23-2012 at 14:25..
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 15:53   #54
Glock30Eric
.45 ACP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMurphy View Post
David killed Goliath with a sling, not a slingshot, which is an entirely different animal.

Having come under fire from some Arabs with them on the Lebanese border of Israel, they're no joke. Anyone without a helmet (like I was) and half the guys WITH helmets could have been killed if those idiots had any accuracy. They were hurling cobblestone size rocks at 50-100m. The IDF was shooting back with rubber bullets. That was nice, because the Arabs were going for the lethal option, and I'd have just shot them.

David was using the smaller golfball sized rocks going by the descriptions, with serious accuracy and lethality. The Roman army used slingers with lead or fired-clay "bullets" for the same reason. Against a massed target (think rioting mob) what's basically a patch of leather and two strings can effectively deter or injure people at short rifle distances...accurately, with practice. Even lethal option if it came down to it. I don't think we're going to have a new magazine called Slings & Spears Weekly, but remember it's not weapons that are dangerous, it's people and their minds.

Technology and training go hand in hand. If semiautos got banned, we'd be using 100 year old technology with current optics and options and training. A good man with a bolt action can seriously raise hell. It wouldn't be as easy or as 'cool' as a modern AR, but a rifleman with a bolt or levergun teamed with a second person with a shotgun has pretty much all the bases covered.

Same thing armies did in the 40s and 50s, having 2-3 guys with SMGs and a squad of guys with bolt guns are semiautos to cover close and long range.

Ruger wouldn't be the only one building Scout-ish rifles in that instance, and there'd be a resurgence of popularity in leverguns, whether traditional tube feds or the '95 Winchester/Savage 99/BLR mag fed types.

A .308, 7mm-08, .270, any of the medium 7mm sized rounds, topped with aperature sights and an Aimpoint or fixed 2X would be the apex of WW1-WW2 technology level fighting rifles w/o going to a semiauto action. It'd be back to slightly heavier calibers and trying to ensure a first round hit was a channel changer, rather than multiple smaller caliber hits, fast in the same place.

Your average .30-30 or .357 levergun will still defend a house quite well, especially with modern updates (XS sights, a weaponlight) if it comes down to it.
Yup you got it all info right.

A squadron of Marines became the devil dogs back in 1918 when they killed an offensive German army in a short range with their 1903A2 rifles. Germans were in fearful of those devil dogs because they could clean an army in a long range. Go marines!
Glock30Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 16:05   #55
Firefightermdc

Banned and ill keep my ar

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-23-2012, 17:55   #56
nipperwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post
How about a pump action 5.56?
Love mine!

Black Rifle Forum

Quote:
We've gone from Socrates, to Snooki.
Ducky, NCIS
nipperwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 18:18   #57
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipperwolf View Post
Love mine!

Black Rifle Forum

I have never shot one. How is the accuracy?

Fav loads?
Old 12-23-2012, 19:29   #58
Kirishiac

M1a, but I might have to remove the "evil" flash hider.
Kirishiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 20:11   #59
darkparadox

Going to pretend it's a ban on all semi auto rifles.

Marlin 336 30/30 likely with a 1-4 variable power optic and a light.

k31 for around the house

A lightweight bolt action 308 16-18 inch barrel with detachable magazine would be my go to SHTF rifle.
darkparadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 20:11   #60
nipperwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockdude1 View Post

I have never shot one. How is the accuracy?
Excillent. Fixed, free floated barrel. Heres a couple scoped groups at 50yds with Black Hills Match;

Black Rifle Forum

Quote:
We've gone from Socrates, to Snooki.
Ducky, NCIS
nipperwolf is offline   Reply With Quote