SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-19-2012, 18:49   #26
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyP View Post
I'm betting there will be no sunset in AWB 2.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
You're probably correct.
Old 12-19-2012, 20:47   #27
James Dean

If there is a problem getting ammo the great thing about .45 acp JHP or ball doesn't matter to me. With .380, 9MM or .40 its JHP for self defense. If there is an ammo shortage or regulation it will cut down on my range time. Thanks to Glock forum and its members two years ago I followed advice here and started to stock pile ammo and mags.
James Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 21:08   #28
mj9mm

got enough to have most scenario's covered. now lets keep a thumb on our legislators and let'em know we are still a formidable voting block.
mj9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 21:43   #29
jkf74

Mag limits do not change the fact that the ballistics are minimal at best between major service calibers using modern defensive ammo. There will be no need to switch. That said, if hollowpoint ammo becomes scarce or restricted, then things may change and larger calibers definitely get the nod.
jkf74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 21:43   #30
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj9mm View Post
got enough to have most scenario's covered. now lets keep a thumb on our legislators and let'em know we are still a formidable voting block.
My federal legislators are all liberal Democrats. They are all anti-gun. VT is MA north.
Old 12-19-2012, 21:46   #31
Triple7

Most likely I'll be a law breaker.

Gen 2 Glock 17
Gen 4 Glock 17
Triple7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 22:09   #32
SARDG

I'm an (old) girl. Women's fashions don't allow for huge handguns like Glocks, plus I live in FL where we wear less than many most of the year. My EDC is a Kahr PM-9 (6+1). Face it... all you mall ninjas are more inclined to go your entire life without EVER needing to pull your gun in self, or other's defense and your carry piece will never get a practical workout in your lifetimes. For this reason I am prepared, but not uncomfortably prepared, and having an EDC that I will carry under all conditions is more important to me than one I would leave at home because it was too big or otherwise inconvenient on any given day.

No, no changes expected for me whatsoever. BTW, today, Florida went over 1 million CWPs issued statewide - 1,000,645.
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 22:11   #33
Just_plinking

I'd try a 7 round s&w 686 (.357 mag), But i've wanted one of those anyway.
Old 12-19-2012, 22:12   #34
SARDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj9mm View Post
Hmmm... where was this formidable voting block last month??
SARDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 22:16   #35
M 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldMyHat View Post
I like your style. Unfortunately I am new to handgunning so I have not been as fortunate to stock up normal capacity magazines.
Thanks. I hope that things clear up enough to allow you the chance to do so.
Old 12-19-2012, 22:47   #36
countrygun

Well for a couple of months now, despite having concealable 13+rd 9mms, that are concealable, several sizes of .45 acp and .40 S&W, when I have carried an auto it's been either a S&W 3913 or 908 soo.... of course I regularly carry a 5 shot .44 special or 6 shot .357 loaded with +p .38s.

I don't expect one stop shots from any handgun I just pick my gunfights to match the gun I'm carrying

countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 23:06   #37
Chainlink

Depends on my mood....some days it's a 9 others a 40 but most it's a 10mm G29 which is 10 rounds anyway

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Chainlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 23:14   #38
SoldMyHat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Heck anyone could just take apart the mag and when needed they would just put it back together and not care for the law if something were to happen. You think if a criminal is gonna do something bad their gonna stop and grab a 10 rounder because they respect that law and not the murder laws.

If a bad guy dosent care about murder/robbery/assault laws, why they hell would they care about a hi cap mag ban.

Oh I agree. Just trying to look at this from a law abiding citizen viewpoint of how potential new laws would change our caliber of choice.

Also, I am sure +2 baseplates will not be grandfathered in. Which sucks.
Old 12-19-2012, 23:18   #39
Triple7

I'll make sure to pick up some shell casings if it ever comes to that.... there must have been another CCHer.

Gen 2 Glock 17
Gen 4 Glock 17
Triple7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:23   #40
beforeobamabans
FYPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkf74 View Post
Mag limits do not change the fact that the ballistics are minimal at best between major service calibers using modern defensive ammo. There will be no need to switch. That said, if hollowpoint ammo becomes scarce or restricted, then things may change and larger calibers definitely get the nod.
You can bet that AWBII will include an attempt to ban hollow points. Why, the military can't even use those bullets which are designed only for one purpose: to kill people deader. Why would we want those loose on the streets?

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty." Ben Franklin
beforeobamabans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:47   #41
jhc37013

I had a conversation with a friend today who was planning on buying a new Glock and he asked my opinion.

I told him to buy a Glock 30SF because the mags are already 10 round and he would probably always be able to buy them post AWB unless he planned on buying a crap load of 15/17rd "standard" mags but even if he did who knows how long the ban would last and could he afford to buy enough mags to last 20+yrs or even find that many at this point.

If your in his same situation this is a serious question to consider I'm glad the OP brought it up.

Also I believe it is possible this will calm down and nothing will come of it but that way of thinking is that these type of shootings will not happen again in the near future and if it does their could be some sort of EO or rush to ban, and as terrible as the idea sounds I think their will be more, I really really hope not though it is a tragedy and depressed me I have a 6 year old in about the same grade as these poor children.

Also when I say more I don't necessarily mean a mass shooting because every little bit of gun violence is going to be exploited 10 fold by the liberal media and their self serving agenda trying to look like they know something or they care so much about the poor people afflicted by these tragedies it makes me sick.

Last edited by jhc37013; 12-20-2012 at 01:49..
jhc37013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:16   #42
Spiffums
I.C.P.

No I have enough normal cap mags to last till I die.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:45   #43
BuckyP
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARDG View Post
Hmmm... where was this formidable voting block last month??
Last month, these same pol-lie-ticians were insistent that there were no need for new gun laws. I've seen many libs on this forum criticize anyone that even suggested Obama would support an AWB.
BuckyP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:52   #44
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyP View Post
Last month, these same pol-lie-ticians were insistent that there were no need for new gun laws. I've seen many libs on this forum criticize anyone that even suggested Obama would support an AWB.
There are LIBERALS in this gun forum?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:58   #45
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by M 7 View Post
Having lived through the '94 AWB, I have acquired several lifetimes worth of 17 round G17 magazines and will be sticking with the 9mm for the foreseeable future regardless of what the jerks in DC do to us.
SUre, until you get caught on the street with them. Depending on how they write such crap laws, possesion could be a crime. So at least, confiscated mag, fine & at worst, some jail time. Yeah, I'll just caryy the old 1911.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:02   #46
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Heck anyone could just take apart the mag and when needed they would just put it back together and not care for the law if something were to happen. You think if a criminal is gonna do something bad their gonna stop and grab a 10 rounder because they respect that law and not the murder laws.

If a bad guy dosent care about murder/robbery/assault laws, why they hell would they care about a hi cap mag ban.

That is the rub w/ any gun law, it only affects the law abiding. Handguns are banned in Chicago, doesn't stop the 100s of handgun shootings each month by criminals. But we all know that. It's the boobs in Washington, people that know nothing about guns, that are trying to craft laws to control us. The really sick thing, they use the bodies of 6yr olds to push their agenda. That alone should make anyone turn in their Dem union card. Pathetic really, but those are the people running things. If you helped by not voting or voting libertarian last election, you should be ashamed.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 12-20-2012 at 10:04..
Old 12-20-2012, 10:11   #47
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygun View Post
Well for a couple of months now, despite having concealable 13+rd 9mms, that are concealable, several sizes of .45 acp and .40 S&W, when I have carried an auto it's been either a S&W 3913 or 908 soo.... of course I regularly carry a 5 shot .44 special or 6 shot .357 loaded with +p .38s.

I don't expect one stop shots from any handgun I just pick my gunfights to match the gun I'm carrying

i just have to ask, how does one pick their gunfight? I am pretty sure they pick you. Reallity, a mag ban doesn't bother me, I often carry a 1911PD, spare mag, pretty sure that gets me out of 99% of things that may happen on the street. If I need more than 16rds, I am doing something really stupid. CCW is a fight to get away, not a license to go looking for trouble.
It just pisses me off that the govt is going to stick their nose in & chip away until they get a total ban. We all know limiting mag cap does nothing. So when the violence continues, they'll say "it's still a gun problem & we just need to limit everyone to single shots", or some such BS. So best to never let them have concesion on any gun issue. There are no bad guns, only bad people. Bad people are what the 2A was designed to allow us to protect ourselves form. Of course, liberals aren't much on the Constitution, unless it benefits them.
Old 12-20-2012, 13:21   #48
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
No I have enough normal cap mags to last till I die.
So do I, thank God.
Old 12-20-2012, 13:26   #49
Kalmah
Supreme Member

Both my CCWs have less than 10 round capacities. Any new ban won't affect my carry choices.
Old 12-20-2012, 14:07   #50
M 7

*** Double tapped. Deleted.***

Last edited by M 7; 12-20-2012 at 14:09..
M 7 is offline   Reply With Quote