Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:08   #26
NEOH212
Diesel Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by calviroman View Post
Man reading this thread makes me thank god I live somewhere where i can drive 20 minutes out to the wilderness (BLM land) and do whatever I want without any bedwetter policies like no drawing from a holster.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:33   #27
ADK_40GLKr

At my small local outdoor range, we shoot from under a pavilion with concrete floor,maybe 75' long or so. The longer range target stands are out on the left (for rifle) and handgun backstop at 25 yards on the right. I usually take a small target stand, and place it out to the right of that for closer pistol work.

If there's someone else there shooting, and I'm ready to change my target, I wait for a lull in the gunfire, yell over to the others, "Are we all clear?" and wait for consensus. "Got yer ears on?" is another good line before shooting.

No need to hurry, my ammo's all gone too fast anyway!

Carry? AFAIK anything goes.

Indoor range is the opposite extreme: organized IDPA practice with rather strict safety rules. All pistols on a bench facing the wall when owner is not taking his turn at the targets.

When someone finishes a stage, SO calls out "Range is clear!"

Carry here? Cased and unloaded, until time to shoot your stage. Drawing is part of IDPA game, so that's allowed.
Luke 22:36 He said to them, “... if you don’t have a Glock, sell your cloak and buy one."

NRA, GSSF, IDPA, NY voter.

Last edited by ADK_40GLKr; 12-15-2012 at 08:48.. Reason: Added Carry info.
ADK_40GLKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:02   #28
NMG26

Three guns on the table. One holstered CC, and the other two came in a backpack. After shooting I reholster my CC and put the other two in the backpack.

Not sure what the rules are. No one has ever confronted me about it.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:14   #29
MedicOni

Quote:
Man reading this thread makes me thank god I live somewhere where i can drive 20 minutes out to the wilderness (BLM land) and do whatever I want without any bedwetter policies like no drawing from a holster.
Which BLM land is still open for shooting? I know the Puerco was cracking down on it, and if you get caught in Indian land, even by accident you can kiss your guns goodbye

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-15-2012, 21:51   #30
Paul53
Geezer Boomer

I shoot at Fort Bliss. The Army's extensive rules say nothing about carry, only that you have to clear all weapons before entering the club house. Guess they just haven't thought of that yet.

Played tag with BLM for a while. The NMSP had an unofficial site just over the state line, lots of people used it till BLM blocked it off. A million square miles of "Fort Stinkindesert" and if word gets out that somebody's having fun somewhere, the feds crack right down on that.

Last edited by Paul53; 12-15-2012 at 21:55..
Paul53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 14:09   #31
KenMac

My range

Quote:

.......is my back yard. I couldn't stand having to find another place to shoot. Country boy and intend to keep it that way!

Last edited by KenMac; 12-16-2012 at 14:10.. Reason: proper spacing
KenMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 15:35   #32
Gallium
CLM Number 182
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMac View Post
.......is my back yard. I couldn't stand having to find another place to shoot. Country boy and intend to keep it that way!

What rules would you implement if you had folks over to shoot. A man living in isolation is great. As soon as the # of shooters at the same time >1 you need some sort of set of protocols to deal with everything, or anything.

That is the question here, not how cool it is to have a backyard range.
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 15:46   #33
RPVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by russoj429 View Post
at my local range (shoot straight) they allow you to conceal carry just like normal. but if you want to shoot it it has to be unholstered while on the fire line.
I shot at Shoot Straight (in Apopka) yesterday. Gonna try their Casselberry range next week.
Old 12-19-2012, 20:00   #34
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
That's good for you, sir.
Old 12-19-2012, 20:09   #35
calviroman

Mediconi....I live close to the Ojito Wilderness. In general, there are no firearm related restrictions on BLM land except for specific designated no shooting areas. If they ever change that
...I'll leave.
calviroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:49   #36
SCmasterblaster

I can shoot .22 CB caps in my back yard here in VT. The neighbors will complain if I start shooting my 9mm.

Tags
etiquette, range