GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 15:31   #61
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 12,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaMatt View Post
Funny thing is, I didn't attack anyone personally in this thread, but all the christians came out with blistering personal attacks against me.

Its always a sign of victory when your opponent has nothing left to say but ad hominem.
It's called being held accountable for having no class and behaving like the disgusting person that you are. You don't like it, have no friends (as you have said), then perhaps you should reconsider your behavior.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."

Last edited by jdavionic; 12-15-2012 at 15:33..
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 15:45   #62
IndianaMatt
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavionic View Post
It's called being held accountable for having no class and behaving like the disgusting person that you are. You don't like it, have no friends (as you have said), then perhaps you should reconsider your behavior.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
This is the contrivance of your religion that you don't even know because you've been so brainwashed. Anyone that disagrees is "rude" or a heathen. Do physicists threaten people or get into rages when someone disagrees?

Everyone here is calling me names, saying I am disgusting. Why? Because I disagree.

I don't think you are disgusting. I just think you are brainwashed.

Last edited by IndianaMatt; 12-15-2012 at 15:49..
IndianaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 16:00   #63
jakebrake
cracker
 
jakebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: too close to philly
Posts: 7,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaMatt View Post
This is the contrivance of your religion that you don't even know because you've been so brainwashed. Anyone that disagrees is "rude" or a heathen. Do physicists threaten people or get into rages when someone disagrees?

Everyone here is calling me names, saying I am disgusting. Why? Because I disagree.

I don't think you are disgusting. I just think you are brainwashed.
why? because there are families trying to wrap their minds around incomprehensible loss, and you decide this is a great excuse to stick your finger in the eye of someone in a religion forum.

disagreement with religion is fine. usng this tragedy as a sounding board isn't.
__________________
God made man, Sam Colt made us equal, John Moses Browning made us civilized... freemasons club Number 57
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 16:02   #64
fgutie35
Senior Member
 
fgutie35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: deep southeast Texas
Posts: 2,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
What a laugh!

How dare you! First, you godless heathens: foster, aid, and abet an impossible-to-govern social situation; and, then, you dare to complain about the results.

With this sort of, 'higher reasoning' rampant among the general public, that crocodile I watched crying on TV, last night, is sure to end up effectively disarming 300 million people because of a few madmen's sins.

Look at it this way: Those of us who are left are going to have to deal with: Obamacare, continued congressional raids on Social Security assets, more and more godless atheists, and the very serious social problems these unbelieving heathens create. You shouldn't be complaining about a societal defect of which you are more a part of the problem than part of the solution.

I have to wonder: Who, the Hell, are you to criticize the Superior Being and Majesty of that, 'Creative and Creating Power' which you so very clearly fail to understand? Don't you know that, sooner or later, a man MUST stand-to-answer for his every single: word, thought, and deed!

(Adam Lanza is - according to the recorded teachings of The Lord Jesus Christ - finding this out, right now, as I type! Only a completely asinine and godless fool imagines that he can sin ever so despicably, shoot himself in the head, and escape all of the moral consequences. 5,000 years of recorded spiritual history state exactly the opposite result.)

You people shame yourselves with this sort of rhetoric; and, someday, you're going to have to answer to a Higher Power for this blasphemy, too. (Perhaps, even while you're still here!)

Smart men - even disbelieving smart men - would remain silent. So, how about doing those of us who are (and remain) Christian believers a favor and putting a lid on your smug self-righteous indignation. I'm sure you're, 'no particular prize' yourself; and, be patient: Undoubtedly God, in His infinite creative wisdom, will be getting around to you and your problems with divine comprehension sooner rather than later.
I don't think the post of a senseless atheist prick (OP) can be cancelled out with the post of a Holier than thou prick!

Don't you think?
__________________
A good firearm, is the one that puts food on the table.
fgutie35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 16:03   #65
hotpig
CLM Number 211
IAFF Local 4766
 
hotpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: SW / West Central Illinois
Posts: 4,459


Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaMatt View Post
Yep, we need more prayer.

All these school massacres can be attributed to not enough prayer in schools.

So your god, when not honored with enough "prayer," sends a psychopath to mow down 20 kindergarteners with a gun?

Nice god you got there.

Keep him.
It does not have anything to do with prayer or any certain God.

Pretty much all religions be it Christian or not teach some form of moral code or ethics.

As we move further and further into a Godless society actions like this are getting more common.

Kids have no moral code, they are alienated electronically and by psych meds. Many are not able to even have a face to face conversation with a real person. They do not play outside and rely on text conversations with the person sitting next to them.
__________________
Keep your guns stashed and your powder dry.
hotpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 16:25   #66
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 12,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaMatt View Post
This is the contrivance of your religion that you don't even know because you've been so brainwashed. Anyone that disagrees is "rude" or a heathen. Do physicists threaten people or get into rages when someone disagrees?

Everyone here is calling me names, saying I am disgusting. Why? Because I disagree.

I don't think you are disgusting. I just think you are brainwashed.
No. People are calling you names that accurately describe you based on your behavior. As for me being some representative of the Christian religion...I have never proclaimed such a thing. I have a lot of work to do there, since I still feel compelled to call people like you a disgusting disease and wish the worst for you. Yes....JD is a bad Christian...now print this out, fold it up to get as many sharp edges as possible, and shove it up your arse.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 17:31   #67
Lone Wolf8634
:):
 
Lone Wolf8634's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Under the bus
Posts: 6,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgutie35 View Post
I don't think the post of a senseless atheist prick (OP) can be cancelled out with the post of a Holier than thou prick!

Don't you think?
Just goes to show, doesn't really matter what you believe, a prick is a prick.
__________________
"Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self esteem, be sure that you are not, in fact, surrounded by A-holes." - William Gibson

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson
Lone Wolf8634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 18:59   #68
ksg0245
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,727
Why don't you all take a break from telling each other how stupid and hateful the other side is. Children died, and you're using that tragedy as a weapon; you should be ashamed.
ksg0245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 19:15   #69
brtarr
Member
 
brtarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksg0245 View Post
Why don't you all take a break from telling each other how stupid and hateful the other side is. Children died, and you're using that tragedy as a weapon; you should be ashamed.
This....
brtarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 22:54   #70
Gunhaver
the wrong hands
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,736
Blog Entries: 1
If ever there was a thread that should be collectively self locked, as in every person reading it just decided that responding would be a sad waste of time, this is the one.
Gunhaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:36   #71
chickenwing
Senior Member
 
chickenwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTRESORT20 View Post
There is no "Victory" here Matt for anyone.

Your thread stinks. You reap what you sow.
Well said.

There is no victory FOR anyone. A bunch of kids are dead. Go crawl in a hole somewhere(op).



End gun free zones. It's a magnet for these type of *******s.
__________________
Quote:
...don't give yourselves to these unnatural men, machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts! You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men!..
Charlie Chaplin -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by chickenwing; 12-16-2012 at 07:37..
chickenwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:38   #72
TruPatriot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northeast Texas
Posts: 194
We don't have a gun problem...

We have a moral & spiritual crisis...2 Chronicles 7:14

May God bless you and our nation!
TruPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:43   #73
Guss
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa
Posts: 2,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by packsaddle View Post
...

if you do not feel even the smallest hint of sadness, grief, or sympathy for the children killed, then you are not only a true atheist/evolutionist/materialist, you are just as big a POS as the shooter.
Why aren't the religious folks happy that the little ones got a head start on Heaven?
Guss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:54   #74
Bren
NRA Life Member
 
Bren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 36,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guss View Post
Why aren't the religious folks happy that the little ones got a head start on Heaven?
Seems like a legitimate question.

At the risk of siding with someone I really dislike, IndianaMatt's question is basically a classic - "if god is perfectly good and all powerful, why does he let bad things happen?"

This school shooting seem like a news topic for discussion, like any other, to me. I have to wonder if the people who keep saying it can't be discussed just lack a good answer. I read on the internet that people with no connection at all to this school are sitting home crying and traumatized about the shooting, but I don't know any people like that in the real world, so I have my doubts.
__________________
Quote:
This is the internet, where you could pretend to be anything you want; so how come so many people on this forum pretend to be limpwristed sissies?
- Me, 2014.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:22   #75
jdavionic
NRA Member
 
jdavionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 12,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Seems like a legitimate question.

At the risk of siding with someone I really dislike, IndianaMatt's question is basically a classic - "if god is perfectly good and all powerful, why does he let bad things happen?"

This school shooting seem like a news topic for discussion, like any other, to me. I have to wonder if the people who keep saying it can't be discussed just lack a good answer. I read on the internet that people with no connection at all to this school are sitting home crying and traumatized about the shooting, but I don't know any people like that in the real world, so I have my doubts.
You're leaving out two important considerations and why folks, like myself, were outraged. Go back and look at the a) what time he posted this, and b) look at how he posted it (which you can see on post#8). The kids were laying dead in the school when this scumbag decided it was a good time to ridicule (again, see his OP quote in #8) religion.

You want to debate the belief of whether God plays an active role in shaping current events...fine. However the manner and timing that he chose illustrates that this individual is a disgusting scumbag.

He has no genuine interest in debating the topic in a respectful manner. Look at the idiot's other posts here and in other threads. He's a troll that comes into various areas of the forum with the sole intent of stirring the pot. Here, he apparently decided it would be fun to "nail" people who have religious beliefs by poking fun in a disrespectful manner while children lie dead in a school.

You want to debate the subject...hey, knock yourself and post a general discussion about why such tragedies happen and how could God "allow" such a thing. I have my answers to such questions; however the OP has not earned respect from me (and many others) and I will not dignify his post by engaging in such a discussion. I will say that religious people often look to God for the same answer when they are touched by such a tragedy.

However the manner and timing of this Matt's post shows that he's just out there to troll & intentionally irritate people by ridiculing their religious beliefs immediately following the news of the incident while the bodies of the victims lie dead in the school. He then has the audacity to play 'victim' himself by citing that people are being mean or foregoing their religious beliefs in the manner that they've responded to his disgusting behavior. Guess what, it's called being held accountable for your behavior (you, meaning the OP). Sure, you're free to say most anything. However don't whine like a little ***** when someone throws the crap right back into your face.

Bren, I normally agree with you on many fronts. However hopefully you can see the other factors that play into this thread and why it would be deemed to be done in such bad taste. He's likely fortunate that he can hide behind the internet and that someone like another GT member who lost a relative in the shooting doesn't read his garbage and has no idea where and who the OP is.
__________________
- JD

"No matter how bad it gets, if you're still alive it's just another bad day."

Last edited by jdavionic; 12-16-2012 at 10:53..
jdavionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:35   #76
steveksux
Massive Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 14,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Seems like a legitimate question.

At the risk of siding with someone I really dislike, IndianaMatt's question is basically a classic - "if god is perfectly good and all powerful, why does he let bad things happen?"

This school shooting seem like a news topic for discussion, like any other, to me. I have to wonder if the people who keep saying it can't be discussed just lack a good answer. I read on the internet that people with no connection at all to this school are sitting home crying and traumatized about the shooting, but I don't know any people like that in the real world, so I have my doubts.
I agree with you. However asking it when he did shows almost a sociopathic lack of basic human decency and empathy.

You may also be partly right about the lack of a good answer on the part of the religious. I'm more of an atheist/agnostic, so I'm aware of the uncomfortable answer they want to avoid, however I'm just as thoroughly disgusted at the insensitivity of the OP. It's an exceedingly poor time to attempt to spike a football to win debating points.

Randy
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:59   #77
jakebrake
cracker
 
jakebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: too close to philly
Posts: 7,915
well, so far in this thread, 2 users have announced that they are scumbags.

and , looking at who they are, who's really surprised?
__________________
God made man, Sam Colt made us equal, John Moses Browning made us civilized... freemasons club Number 57
jakebrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:14   #78
ticktwrter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 194
I don't know what Indiana Matt's issues are. I KNOW God was in the school Friday. He was there when Victoria Soto, a 27 year old new teacher hid her kids and faced the gunman alone and thereby saved their lives. If this is not a true example of God's presence, I don't know what is.
ticktwrter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:20   #79
cowboywannabe
you savvy?
 
cowboywannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: on a planet near you
Posts: 21,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
I hope you get ass cancer you insensitive prick
member of the religion of peace i see.
__________________
with Sarah Jane, Leela, Romana, Nyssa, and Tegan.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:34   #80
packsaddle
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guss View Post
Why aren't the religious folks happy that the little ones got a head start on Heaven?
i posted something on my facebook page a few hours after the incident alluding to just that.

i wrote that while the nation was weeping for 20 beautiful, innocent children, those same 20 beautiful, innocent children were weeping for us because WE are the ones still stuck on this sick, depraved planet while they are soaring with angels.

even my atheist friends on facebook were polite enough to "like" my wall post, which showed they have a little class, unlike the POS that started this thread.
packsaddle is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:33.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 980
280 Members
700 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31