SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-09-2012, 15:18   #126
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruble Noon View Post
I might have to because statist's like you have destroyed freedom in this country.
May I suggest Somalia, I think their lawless ways might fit your desire for no government interference and guess what you can have your RPGs and FA AK47s as well

(Just saw I was the 2nd person to suggest this to you)

Last edited by Ruggles; 12-09-2012 at 15:20..
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 15:35   #127
holesinpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawScholar View Post
If you're not a fan of organized society, why not retire to the tropical anarchist's paradise of Somalia?

Nowhere else but on the Internet does not wanting every irresponsible moron at Wal-Mart to have a Minuteman silo and a Mark 19 make a person a statist.
Because before the NFA and GCA of 68 America was some sort of 3rd world version of a Thomas Hobbes wet dream?

All lawlessness and violence, brutish and nasty.

Bull Crap. You must be a lawyer.
holesinpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 15:48   #128
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by holesinpaper View Post
Because before the NFA and GCA of 68 America was some sort of 3rd world version of a Thomas Hobbes wet dream?

All lawlessness and violence, brutish and nasty.

Bull Crap. You must be a lawyer.
So all fluff aside do any of you guys who think the 2nd A is all inclusive think your views will ever be realized legally?
Old 12-09-2012, 16:00   #129
holesinpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
So all fluff aside do any of you guys who think the 2nd A is all inclusive think your views will ever be realized legally?
Better Q:

Will the United States exist in 100 years.

Magic 8 ball says: outlook not good.

Last edited by holesinpaper; 12-09-2012 at 16:00..
Old 12-09-2012, 16:06   #130
Ruggles

Quote:
Better Q:

Will the United States exist in 100 years.

Magic 8 ball says: outlook not good.
Well

1. We will both be dead so a bet between us does not make alot of sense.

2. Why do you think it will not? It has done fairly well so far.
Old 12-09-2012, 16:10   #131
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
If you're not a fan of organized society, why not retire to the tropical anarchist's paradise of Somalia?

Nowhere else but on the Internet does not wanting every irresponsible moron at Wal-Mart to have a Minuteman silo and a Mark 19 make a person a statist.
Thanks for pointing out how far America has devolved.
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 16:15   #132
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:
So my rights have no limits? What about when they clash with your rights, that tends to happen in a country of 360,000,000 sometimes. What then, fight to the death and winner has their rights?

Rights are not absolute when they conflict with the rights of others, they can't be in a civilized society.

Where do we draw the line? That is where the founders put processes in place to determine that. From the legislative and judicial branches is where, thought the people who elect them.
How does sawing the barrel off of a shotgun without the permission of the state conflict with the rights of others?
How does having an RPG or a grenade conflict with the rights of others?
Old 12-09-2012, 16:17   #133
TactiCool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray9898 View Post
How about bombs? Cannons? RPG's?

They are "arms".
They are explosives. And there is no 'explosives control,' but instead those substances and devices are outright banned by Fed. law. Not exactly the same thing as a sbr, mg, or suppressor.

So, the NFA being repealed would not magically allow anyone and their momma to possess bombs, grenades, and rpg's.

IMO, it was a presumtuous, misinformed, and short-sighted opinion for Scalia to use.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/842

Last edited by TactiCool; 12-09-2012 at 16:18.. Reason: grammatical error
TactiCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 16:21   #134
holesinpaper

Quote:
May I suggest Somalia, I think their lawless ways might fit your desire for no government interference and guess what you can have your RPGs and FA AK47s as well

(Just saw I was the 2nd person to suggest this to you)
Come on Ruggles.

Just skip to the standard gun banners argument.

"What, do you want NUCLEAR weapons in the hands of civilians?!?! Because we can 'regulate' nukes, we can 'regulate' semi-automatics and folding stocks."

Anti-gunner.
Old 12-09-2012, 16:21   #135
nmstew

Quote:
Yes.

The number of silencer companies has shot through the roof lately. Every time I got to an FFL that is also an SOT there is always at least someone paying for something and filling out the transfer paper work for a stamp (usually an SBR or SBS). With the increase in popularity, I think it is just a matter of time.
Old 12-09-2012, 16:29   #136
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogee View Post
I'm not sure about that. I've never seen a 30-06 at a theater and I go quite a bit. All I have seen are the silly, "Unlicensed possession blah blah blah" signs.
I have seen those. However, if you have a CCL, at least in this state, you cannot bring it to a sporting event or an amusement park. I think theaters fall into that descriptor as well. I have a CCL as well as well as the authorized firearms I use on duty. When I am off, I prefer to off, that is why I went out and got my own CCL.
Old 12-09-2012, 16:31   #137
Ruggles

Quote:
How does sawing the barrel off of a shotgun without the permission of the state conflict with the rights of others?
How does having an RPG or a grenade conflict with the rights of others?
As I said much earlier and often in this thread I am for some refinement of the NFA. I agree the barrel length of a shotgun is not a relevant issue for example.

But a RPG or a grenade are devices that I would deem too destructive to be on store shelves for you or I to buy like a box of ammo. IMO your/my right to own them do not outweigh societies right to be relatively secure from you/me using them in a crowed restaurant for example.
Old 12-09-2012, 16:33   #138
Kingarthurhk

Quote:

Yeah, we want a society ran by arrogant attorneys that want to figure out how to deprive as many people out their guaranteed freedom's to make a living reinventing society as they see fit from their gated communities.

Join the rest of us in society, the water is warm.
Old 12-09-2012, 16:34   #139
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
I have seen those. However, if you have a CCL, at least in this state, you cannot bring it to a sporting event or an amusement park. I think theaters fall into that descriptor as well. I have a CCL as well as well as the authorized firearms I use on duty. When I am off, I prefer to off, that is why I went out and got my own CCL.
Movie theaters are not a "no carry" zone in Texas. Quick Google check:

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/...163241606.html

You are correct about the sporting event and amusement park being no carry zones.
Old 12-09-2012, 16:36   #140
kenpoprofessor

Quote:
As I said much earlier and often in this thread I am for some refinement of the NFA. I agree the barrel length of a shotgun is not a relevant issue for example.

But a RPG or a grenade are devices that I would deem too destructive to be on store shelves for you or I to buy like a box of ammo. IMO your/my right to own them do not outweigh societies right to be relatively secure from you/me using them in a crowed restaurant for example.
Then surely we can regulate who breeds in society as well, there isn't any thing in the Constitution that wouldn't prohibit us from curtailing your need to breed.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
Old 12-09-2012, 16:37   #141
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmstew View Post
Yes.

The number of silencer companies has shot through the roof lately. Every time I got to an FFL that is also an SOT there is always at least someone paying for something and filling out the transfer paper work for a stamp (usually an SBR or SBS). With the increase in popularity, I think it is just a matter of time.
Oh no doubt, these types of things are becoming much more main stream than before. I do not think that we will see a acceptance of FA firearms losing any restrictions though. Barrel length is much more likely to be unrestricted IMO.
Old 12-09-2012, 16:45   #142
Ruggles

Quote:
Come on Ruggles.

Just skip to the standard gun banners argument.

"What, do you want NUCLEAR weapons in the hands of civilians?!?! Because we can 'regulate' nukes, we can 'regulate' semi-automatics and folding stocks."

Anti-gunner.
I did not go there because I did not have too. It is good to see that you (like me) draw a line on what the 2nd A covers. Although our lines as to what is and is not covered may differ we both appear to have them

And stop the black and white labeling of people already it is immature and silly. Just because I support some regulations on firearms does not mean I am a "anti-gunner" whatever that is exactly....I like most adults can use reason to determine things and do not have to resort to simple yes or no for a answer.

Just saw where you posted the same kind of crap in a different thread "BS LEO selective anti-gun nuts." Stop looking for "anti-gunners" behind every rock.
Old 12-09-2012, 16:48   #143
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Quote:

Yet I can buy as much diesel or gasoline as I want. Should we regulate the purchase of gasoline or diesel down to five gallons? We do want you to be relatively secure from your fears after all.
Old 12-09-2012, 16:48   #144
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
Then surely we can regulate who breeds in society as well, there isn't any thing in the Constitution that wouldn't prohibit us from curtailing your need to breed.

Clyde
You are like a blind drunk guy throwing darts.....all over the place. How did we go from the 2nd A to breeding?

Besides I already have 3 kids so too late
Old 12-09-2012, 16:49   #145
lunarspeak

you guys keep chirping about freedom but its starting to seem like you guys are just so paranoid that you think you need a RPG to be safe..

you dont have to look at "the people of walmart" to have a argument about why we dont need these rules appealed you only have to look at the people of glocktalk.

you guys are always talking about shooting anyone that comes into your yards..overthrowing the goverment,battleing
the forces of evil (or what you percieve as evil) your the ones that the NFA laws protect us from.
lunarspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 16:50   #146
kenpoprofessor

Quote:
I did not go there because I did not have too. It is good to see that you (like me) draw a line on what the 2nd A covers. Although our lines as to what is and is not covered may differ we both appear to have them

And stop the black and white labeling of people already it is immature and silly. Just because I support some regulations on firearms does not mean I am a "anti-gunner" whatever that is exactly....I like most adults can use reason to determine things and do not have to resort to simple yes or no for a answer.

Just saw where you posted the same kind of crap in a different thread "BS LEO selective anti-gun nuts." Stop looking for "anti-gunners" behind every rock.

But you are an anti gunner, and anti freedom, you just can't admit you're a statist. I'm far from being an anarchist, I believe there has to be structure and laws, but within the bounds of the Constitution and BOR. Many of the SCOTUS decisions have run contrary to the these documents, because there were/are people on the court like you.

Clyde
Old 12-09-2012, 16:53   #147
kenpoprofessor

Quote:
You are like a blind drunk guy throwing darts.....all over the place. How did we go from the 2nd A to breeding?

No, it's an identical argument, it's regulating a right that clearly says "shall not be infringed". There is no such matter concerning procreation, so, it can be regulated, under the commerce clause no less.

What a shame, I can only hope your children turn out to be better citzens than yourself.

Clyde
Old 12-09-2012, 16:55   #148
hogfish
Señor Member

Quote:

Never heard of the "slippery slope", huh?

"Almost no matter the question, capitalism and freedom are the answers, while government and religion are not." Syclone538
hogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 16:55   #149
Ruggles

Quote:
Yet I can buy as much diesel or gasoline as I want. Should we regulate the purchase of gasoline or diesel down to five gallons? We do want you to be relatively secure from your fears after all.
Buy away, nothing stopping you except local laws and regulations from storing what fuel you will.

But that has nothing to do with the matter at hand. Surplus RPGs, grenades, SAMs or surplus 500lbs bombs are not in the same category as your fuel example. Weak example of comparison and you know it. Again this is not a yes or no question, it is a question where there is a reasonable answer between the two.
Old 12-09-2012, 16:59   #150
Kingarthurhk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarspeak View Post
you guys keep chirping about freedom but its starting to seem like you guys are just so paranoid that you think you need a RPG to be safe..
I really don't think I need an RPG to be safe. However, I don't think it should be the government's place to to infringe on that right, as clearly stated in the 2A.

Quote:
you dont have to look at "the people of walmart" to have a argument about why we dont need these rules appealed you only have to look at the people of glocktalk.
It is not about having confidence in people with firearms. If it was an idiot test 50 percent of folks owning firearms would have to relinquish them. Then again, if it was an idiot test to breed we could shrink the populace by about 70 percent.

The right has nothing to do with ability. Frankly, ability has gone down hill because we are are more urban, do far less hunting, and typically aren't raised in a culture where firearms are viewed as what they are-tools. Media hype, ignorance, and fear have created an ineptitude and wusification when it comes to firearms.

Quote:
you guys are always talking about shooting anyone that comes into your yards..overthrowing the goverment,battleing
Wrong, I am talking about original intent, history, and what the 2A actually meant and means.

Quote:
the forces of evil (or what you percieve as evil) your the ones that the NFA laws protect us from.
Laws only protect society from the law abiding. The cirminal element has always had, and will always have these same said "scary weapons".