Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 02:12   #121
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 9,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto View Post
Yeah, we could have a don't feed the troll thread where everyone tells each other not to feed the troll.
True enough.
Ruggles is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 02:49   #122
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 94,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestor View Post
Just repeat after us - I'll never become a fanboy of one brand/design.
Ever.
It helps to keep your mind open.
I have the Glock 21, but I like 1911 even more (own the SA Mil-Spec) and I also love the revolvers (S&W M10 especially). Fanboys are so boring...don't become one, please.
I agree.

The 1911 is my favorite design, but I'm no fanboy. I like many platforms and I love variety.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 02:51   #123
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 94,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
If that was the case there would be like 43 threads total in GT history


Very true!
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 06:21   #124
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan
 
faawrenchbndr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: east of East St. Louis
Posts: 34,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12131 View Post
Can't believe y'all fed the troll for 5 pages. What a waste of bandwidth. For once, I'd love to see you guys show some restraints and let the troll starve to death with zero response, in these kinds of threads.
faawrenchbndr is online now  
Old 12-09-2012, 06:53   #125
jb1911
Senior Member
 
jb1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,201
I own a G26 and a 1991A1 and love them both. I look at the G26 as a tool and carry it 100% of the time. The 1991A1 is a work of art IMO, the gadget freak in me really appreciates the design.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up on Recoil magazine. I'll not read it if I ever see one.
__________________
Chuck Norris wears Hickok45 pajamas

Black Rifle Club Member "LE6920Colt"
jb1911 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 06:57   #126
Green Dragoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestor View Post
Just repeat after us - I'll never become a fanboy of one brand/design.
Ever.
It helps to keep your mind open.
I have the Glock 21, but I like 1911 even more (own the SA Mil-Spec) and I also love the revolvers (S&W M10 especially). Fanboys are so boring...don't become one, please.
I agree. I find it a little odd when somebody says "I'm a Glock man", implying their sidearm defines them. Or when they say something to the effect: "I've made the switch too.....", implying they'll only shoot one platform.
Green Dragoon is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 07:51   #127
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 94,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragoon View Post
I agree. I find it a little odd when somebody says "I'm a Glock man", implying their sidearm defines them. Or when they say something to the effect: "I've made the switch too.....", implying they'll only shoot one platform.
I feel sorry for those people. Life is too short to not experience good variety.

Having a favorite platform is fine, but don't be one-dimensional.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 08:28   #128
CAcop
Senior Member
 
CAcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: California
Posts: 22,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragoon View Post
I agree. I find it a little odd when somebody says "I'm a Glock man", implying their sidearm defines them. Or when they say something to the effect: "I've made the switch too.....", implying they'll only shoot one platform.
My two favorite firearms are 1911s and Sigs. There is very little in common with them.

I see Glocks and Smiths being variations on the same theme.

Of course I love my Smith revolvers too. One day I need to pick up a Ruger and a Detective Special.

The hardest part of liking all kinds of guns is finding the time and money to do it as much as I would like.
__________________
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 08:34   #129
Green Dragoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 765
CAcop and Brian: agreed on all accounts. I just took my 18 year old daughter to the range yesterday (her first time).

We shot a Ruger MKII, S&W 686 (loaded with .38 wadcutters so it wouldn't beat her). I shot a 1911 and HK45.

Like you said Brian....life is too short.
Green Dragoon is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 08:39   #130
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 94,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragoon View Post
CAcop and Brian: agreed on all accounts. I just took my 18 year old daughter to the range yesterday (her first time).

We shot a Ruger MKII, S&W 686 (loaded with .38 wadcutters so it wouldn't beat her). I shot a 1911 and HK45.

Like you said Brian....life is too short.
Yep...
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 08:55   #131
ratf51
Senior Member
 
ratf51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NW GA
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragoon View Post
CAcop and Brian: agreed on all accounts. I just took my 18 year old daughter to the range yesterday (her first time).

We shot a Ruger MKII, S&W 686 (loaded with .38 wadcutters so it wouldn't beat her). I shot a 1911 and HK45.

Like you said Brian....life is too short.
Excellent! Took my 21 y.o. daughter to the range for the first time last week. MKIII, 686 (with wadcutters), and walked it up to my G23 and G22. She handled the recoil admirably. She finished with my Colt Combat Commander in .45. When I asked her which of the guns she would want to shoot more at our next range trip she said, "The Colt."
ratf51 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 10:18   #132
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 94,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratf51 View Post
Excellent! Took my 21 y.o. daughter to the range for the first time last week. MKIII, 686 (with wadcutters), and walked it up to my G23 and G22. She handled the recoil admirably. She finished with my Colt Combat Commander in .45. When I asked her which of the guns she would want to shoot more at our next range trip she said, "The Colt."
Very cool indeed
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 15:37   #133
RJ's Guns
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 791
[QUOTE=bac1023;19712158]Sounds like you need to gain some real world knowledge before posting. Why post when you're obviously clueless of the subject matter?

QUOTE]


This is a consistent and persistent situation on this forum. Perhaps it is because I am old, but my overall impression is that a majority of individuals posting on this forum are inexperienced and have little, if any relative frame of reference. I am astounded how often the threads deal with such elementary issues that I (incorrectly) assume are common knowledge and repeatedly it seems to be a case of; “the blind leading the blind.”

I find that individuals continually bloviate about matters and subjects on this forum, without any foundational basis, because they can and it makes them feel important and boosts their egos. Even when they are criticized and/or attacked it serves their purposes as at least someone is paying attention to them.

But now I am sounding like a freshman in college that is taking psychology 101, so I will cease with my amateur psychoanalysis.

RJ
RJ's Guns is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 16:14   #134
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
So I don't know if RECOIL is still popular with Glocktalk folks after the Jerry Tsai comments, but I still like to read it.

Anyway the last issue of the year came out and there is a article title "Kicking Tires On A 1911 Pistol" in which the author helps potential buyers of a 1911 pistol what to be weary of when buying used. I think the article was supposed to excite the reader about buying/owning a 1911 but all it did for me was scare me out of a 1911.

The problems/issues that the 1911 is plagued with has made me realize how blessed I am that I own Glocks and HK's. It made me realize truly how much the polymer pistols have changed the game. The author listed problems such as cracked frames, cracked grip panels, loose plunger tubes, barrel bushing cracks, and even damaged extractors and slide stops are the norm. The author mentioned that these are all common problems with 1911's... Things that should be expected with the 1911 pistol. And this is too throw on top of the more vigorous maintenence you must do to a 1911 to keep it running as effecient as a dirty Glock. I've never owned a 1911, but I've always wanted too just because the cool factor, beauty and history but I think I'll stick with my low maintenence polymer guns.

I know the 1911 guys can get real butt hurt about any bad talk about the 1911 so I'll just apologize now and get it out of the way. I think James Yeager said it best with 1911 guys... "A 1911 that works correctly is just as rare as a Glock that doesn't"... Now let the hate speech rain down on me.
Is coleslaw your name or is that what's between your ears?
glock2740 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 16:18   #135
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
Geez. I see your ego really is invested in your 1911. I'm quoting a guy with a proven track record... What is your track record? How many people have you trained?

Super sensitive Forum warrior says a well renown proffesional is a moron... Yea I'm really gonna take your word.
First off bad training is just that. Bad training. Is Yeager your hero? Do you have a poster of him on the ceiling above your bed? And since I only speak English, please translate what "well renown proffesional" means in English. Thanks.
glock2740 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 16:21   #136
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,914
[quote=RJ's Guns;19717206]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Sounds like you need to gain some real world knowledge before posting. Why post when you're obviously clueless of the subject matter?

QUOTE]


This is a consistent and persistent situation on this forum. Perhaps it is because I am old, but my overall impression is that a majority of individuals posting on this forum are inexperienced and have little, if any relative frame of reference. I am astounded how often the threads deal with such elementary issues that I (incorrectly) assume are common knowledge and repeatedly it seems to be a case of; “the blind leading the blind.”

I find that individuals continually bloviate about matters and subjects on this forum, without any foundational basis, because they can and it makes them feel important and boosts their egos. Even when they are criticized and/or attacked it serves their purposes as at least someone is paying attention to them.

But now I am sounding like a freshman in college that is taking psychology 101, so I will cease with my amateur psychoanalysis.

RJ
RJ, another great post, which I've noticed, has been the norm for you. Why don't you check out 1911 Addicts some time? I think you'd feel right at home there.
glock2740 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 16:22   #137
LawScholar
Senior Member
 
LawScholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
think James Yeager said it best
Ugh. And we're done.
__________________
Beretta PX4 .40 - Colt 1968 Detective Special .38 Spc.- Ruger LCP .380 - Daniel Defense M4V1 Carbine 5.56 - Ruger 10/22 .22LR - Remington Express Tactical 870 12GA
LawScholar is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 16:24   #138
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 94,306
[quote=glock2740;19717351]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ's Guns View Post
RJ, another great post, which I've noticed, has been the norm for you. Why don't you check out 1911 Addicts some time? I think you'd feel right at home there.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 16:24   #139
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakanokalronin View Post
"Factoids" coming from Recoil magazine and James Yeager taken to heart by someone who has never owned a 1911, enough said.

Funny how the problems Recoil mentions as the norm have never happened to any of my 14 1911s. Guess I'm just lucky....
Hell, I've never even heard of Recoil magazine. Maybe there's a reason for that.
glock2740 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 16:24   #140
bac1023
Senior Member
 
bac1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 94,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawScholar View Post
Ugh. And we're done.
Yeah, that was the deal breaker for me too.
__________________
.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline  

 
  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:57.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 527
135 Members
392 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31