Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2012, 14:10   #20
expatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
Protecting a military base (even at home) is a job for which weapons are needed. At the very least they shouldn't prohibit people from CCW for their own self-defense.

I guess maybe my complaint should more accurately read: Worse than the PC is the concept of "disarmed military personel."
I guess my point was more about how many people I hear that think the mil. just walks around base all day with weapons on them. True they should be able to CCW on base which they can't at this time. In reality however, I bet that the ratio of CCW licensed "Joes" vs. unlicensed is not far from the civilian population. This would mean that there would be very little difference when this sort of thing happens from when it happens off base. Hope you understand my point.

For the record, I also feel that "Joe's" should be allowed to CCW on base if they are legal in their state, or any state for that matter since it is Fed. land. That is a different thread topic though.