Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 19:16   #101
joecoastie

Without being there I'm willing to give Yeager the benefit of the doubt regarding the video of the ambush he was involved in.

On the other hand I do think he is exceptionally close minded for someone wanting to be regarded as a professional trainer. The professional part seems to be what he struggles with. Last time I tried to watch one of his videos it gave me a kidney stone.
Old 12-08-2012, 19:40   #102
bac1023

There's nothing remotely professional about Yeager.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 12-08-2012, 20:02   #103
fallenangelhim
come get some

I sure love me some popcorn.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
The Kalashnikov Klub Member #1999
Old 12-08-2012, 20:07   #104
Jason D
Silver Membership
INFRINGED!

If they are good enough for Col Cooper....

Alexander Hamilton, author of Federalist No. 1. 10/27/1787
Old 12-08-2012, 20:25   #105
deadite
Groovy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ View Post
The other pistols owe well, but that busted P7 is bringing tears to my eyes
+1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-08-2012, 22:51   #106
Ruggles

Yeager vs 100+ years of real world combat testing.....hmm.....tough one.....I am gonna to have to go with history on this one.
Old 12-08-2012, 23:07   #107
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

I never really cared for the 1911. I have owned a couple and still have a Colt GC. I don't know why I didn't like them. Maybe because one was a lemon from the factory. Maybe because I was not raised on them. Maybe because I have spent more time with my Glocks and I have a hard time switching between the triggers and being accurate. At this point I am more accurate with my Glock, but if I put away the Glocks I could get pretty good with the 1911 again.

Again, no offense to those who LOVE the 1911, I don't care for it.
Old 12-08-2012, 23:15   #108
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Steve View Post
General Firearms Forum
What am I missing from this shot?
It looks smooth. So it is not a kaboom. It is a cutaway.
Old 12-08-2012, 23:22   #109
RWBlue
CLM Number 120
Mr. CISSP, CISA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPPER 348 View Post
glock fanbois are funny
You are better than this. We could find fanboys for HK, Sig, 1911s. But that is not an argument as to why one gun is better than the other.
Old 12-08-2012, 23:52   #110
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
I never really cared for the 1911. I have owned a couple and still have a Colt GC. I don't know why I didn't like them. Maybe because one was a lemon from the factory. Maybe because I was not raised on them. Maybe because I have spent more time with my Glocks and I have a hard time switching between the triggers and being accurate. At this point I am more accurate with my Glock, but if I put away the Glocks I could get pretty good with the 1911 again.

Again, no offense to those who LOVE the 1911, I don't care for it.
Perfectly fair. I feel the exact same about the Glock. The difference between you and me and the OP and Yeager is that we can not like a platform but still respect it as a viable choice. Others can not accept that if they don't like it (the 1911 in this case) then it must be a bad choice for all. As I said I have owned 2 Glocks (27 and 23) and did not care for them so they are gone. But the Glock is a world class firearm IMO.
Old 12-09-2012, 00:00   #111
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Perfectly fair. I feel the exact same about the Glock. The difference between you and me and the OP and Yeager is that we can not like a platform but still respect it as a viable choice. Others can not accept that if they don't like it (the 1911 in this case) then it must be a bad choice for all. As I said I have owned 2 Glocks (27 and 23) and did not care for them so they are gone. But the Glock is a world class firearm IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 12-09-2012, 00:28   #112
Jermzzzzzzz

Honestly as a new Glock owner I am surprised by the attitudes here in GT, I thought it'd be full of Gkocktards with the "if it ain't Glock it aint shiet" mentality. Y'all proved me wrong. Glock Talk rocks.

Sent from my DROIDX
Old 12-09-2012, 00:32   #113
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermzzzzzzz View Post
Honestly as a new Glock owner I am surprised by the attitudes here in GT, I thought it'd be full of Gkocktards with the "if it ain't Glock it aint shiet" mentality. Y'all proved me wrong. Glock Talk rocks.

Sent from my DROIDX
It gets that way sometimes in General Glocking, but General Firearms is totally different.

Old 12-09-2012, 00:54   #114
Ruggles

Quote:

Sent from my DROIDX
General Firearms is farther away from the GT kitchen than the General Glocking forum so it drinks less of the Kool Aid
Old 12-09-2012, 00:55   #115
Nestor
Lean & Mean

Quote:

Sent from my DROIDX
Just repeat after us - I'll never become a fanboy of one brand/design.
Ever.
It helps to keep your mind open.
I have the Glock 21, but I like 1911 even more (own the SA Mil-Spec) and I also love the revolvers (S&W M10 especially). Fanboys are so boring...don't become one, please.

R.I.P Jeff (23Skidoo), Chad (CJLandry) & Mark (Okie) You all will be missed.
Old 12-09-2012, 00:57   #116
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy

Can't believe y'all fed the troll for 5 pages. What a waste of bandwidth. For once, I'd love to see you guys show some restraints and let the troll starve to death with zero response, in these kinds of threads.

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:11   #117
Lior
GUNS=FREEDOM

It's my guess that in seventy years time there will be articles about kicking the tires of 100 year old Glocks and what to look out for and avoid when shopping for this vintage gun.

It is unsurprising how 1911s seem to dominate the noble sport of practical shooting. Sports guns have evolved somewhat from "life preserve" guns, although there is still considerable overlap between the twain. Although the Indian is more important than the arrow, I would love to see a Glock kitted out to compete well with an SVI Open Division 1911. That said, on uniformed duty I have carried Glocks but not 1911s, and the comparison between the two gun platforms remains valid - both are basically sound and an excellent choice for self defense.
Rust and bureaucrats. Freedom and vigilance. Front sight and trigger. Kindness and firepower. Situational awareness and tolerance. Safety and concealment. Taxes and allegiance. Love of man and surgical marksmanship. Once a soldier, always a soldier.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:18   #118
Berto
woo woo

Sometimes the best thing to do is read the mall ninja publications and then do the opposite.... you know, practice often, use tried and combat proven designs and methods and learn to shoot well vs trying to assume expertese on second hand info.
The internets and magazines said the external extractor Kimber 1911 was bad news, yet mine is coming up on it's first spring interval without ever an issue (3K rounds).
What am I doing wrong?
Old 12-09-2012, 01:22   #119
Ruggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12131 View Post
Can't believe y'all fed the troll for 5 pages. What a waste of bandwidth. For once, I'd love to see you guys show some restraints and let the troll starve to death with zero response, in these kinds of threads.
If that was the case there would be like 43 threads total in GT history
Old 12-09-2012, 01:28   #120
Berto
woo woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
If that was the case there would be like 43 threads total in GT history
Yeah, we could have a don't feed the troll thread where everyone tells each other not to feed the troll.

Closed Thread