Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-08-2012, 21:27   #1
sawgrass

Still Jonesing...

A Les Baer Stinger has been on my mind for some time now. Faawrenchbndr asked me a few good questions and made me pause before I spent my money. That worked out well because I stumbled upon a Springfield Pro without any wait.

About the same time I happened to be the first one to respond to an ad for an older all steel Springfield Compact. It's a CCO. I'm torn that it is too 'original' to mess with. At least for now. It kinda stinks that it had it's pretty little box with it.

My initial ache was for a Les Baer Stinger 45acp in stainless. That ache has not been satisfied. But the more that I read, I'm wondering if the Stinger in 38 Super might be the way to go for a 1911 that I intend to carry.

I'm 5'2" tall. Please don't tell me to stick with a full size 1911 for carry. I don't want to wear bigger clothes and I don't want to feel like I'm in a three legged race.

What do you think?
sawgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 21:30   #2
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan

I think you need this,.........

1911 Forums
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 21:36   #3
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post

1911 Forums
You are killing me with that picture. I look at the blued Compact and I think, I could have one of those. Do you have a pic of the end of the barrel? Is he taking any work? The Compact is almost unfired, I'm so torn. I do want a CCO to carry one way or the other. Then some TT leather...

I need a side job.
Old 12-08-2012, 21:39   #4
bac1023

I've learned over the years that if you don't get exactly what you want, you'll never satisfy the desire.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 21:48   #5
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I've learned over the years that if you don't get exactly what you want, you'll never satisfy the desire.
That's what I'm starting to believe and it's your fault.
I didn't even know what a 1911 was until I stumbled upon you pictures. I used to be happy collecting Winchester model 67's and searching for Beretta single stacks.

It bugs the heck out of me that I don't seem to have a local LB dealer.

If there is any consolation, you can justify a few in between purchases.
Old 12-08-2012, 21:48   #6
matt_lowry123

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post

1911 Forums

I've seen that pic a few times. Is that yours? It's bad ass!!
matt_lowry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 21:52   #7
Officer's Match
S.R.D. v

A SS Stinger in 38 Super would be ridiculously sweet.
btw, S.R.D. = Strategic Response Dog
Officer's Match is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 21:55   #8
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
I didn't even know what a 1911 was until I stumbled upon you pictures. I used to be happy collecting Winchester model 67's and searching for Beretta single stacks.

Do you still have that nice Beretta 87?

At least I think it was an 87...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 12-08-2012, 21:56   #9
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer's Match View Post
A SS Stinger in 38 Super would be ridiculously sweet.
No doubt

Old 12-08-2012, 21:59   #10
sawgrass

Quote:
Do you still have that nice Beretta 87?

At least I think it was an 87...
I have the 89, which is seemingly more uncommon.
Old 12-08-2012, 22:01   #11
sawgrass

Bac I've been waiting for a sig line for a long time.
Do you mind?
Old 12-08-2012, 22:09   #12
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:

If you're wanting a Baer, of ANY kind, call CJ. You WILL NOT find a better deal. He's a sponsor on Addicts. aka, Crazy John.

Last edited by glock2740; 12-08-2012 at 22:19..
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 22:15   #13
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_lowry123 View Post
I've seen that pic a few times. Is that yours? It's bad ass!!
Yes. That is Greg's bad ass Chuck Rogers SA.
Old 12-08-2012, 22:18   #14
sawgrass

Thanks. I have talked to him on the phone and he seems like a great guy. We ended up chatting about all kinds of things.

I really only want one 'other' CCO right now so I want it to be the right one. I had the STI Guardian but it wasn't the right one, so I sold it after about a week. I'm not ready to change the Springfield Compact and I keep coming back to a LB Stinger. Your pic of you GI CCo is beautiful. But I can't justify another grand over the LB. I guess I'm going through the process of making up my mind and I need a little help.
Old 12-08-2012, 22:21   #15
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
Thanks. I have talked to him on the phone and he seems like a great guy. We ended up chatting about all kinds of things.

I really only want one 'other' CCO right now so I want it to be the right one. I had the STI Guardian but it wasn't the right one, so I sold it after about a week. I'm not ready to change the Springfield Compact and I keep coming back to a LB Stinger. Your pic of you GI CCo is beautiful. But I can't justify another grand over the LB. I guess I'm going through the process of making up my mind and I need a little help.
Yeah. He can be kinda "chatty" but is a really nice guy. Have you ever given the DW CCO some consideration? GREAT gun. And VERY accurate.

This one has a set of VZ Operator's, Harrison Extreme short black solid trigger and a Chuck Rogers' flush crowned barrel.
1911 Forums

1911 Forums

1911 Forums

Last edited by glock2740; 12-08-2012 at 22:27..
Old 12-08-2012, 22:46   #16
Ruggles

Quote:
Yeppers, and with 1911 it is even worse IMO. I know that say one each of a Kimber, Ruger and Springfield 1911 make more "sense" than a single Wilson for the same money. But I still want the Wilson and if I did not buy it I would eventually anyways. I am weak.....
Ruggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 22:52   #17
sawgrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
Yeah. He can be kinda "chatty" but is a really nice guy. Have you ever given the DW CCO some consideration? GREAT gun. And VERY accurate.

This one has a set of VZ Operator's, Harrison Extreme short black solid trigger and a Chuck Rogers' flush crowned barrel.
1911 Forums

1911 Forums

1911 Forums
A couple of my LGS had an occasional DW. I haven't seen or held a DW CCO yet. I'm not opposed to the idea.
What do you think the differences between the DW CCO and a Springer are? And I am considering 38 Super for a carry gun. My understanding of this round is basically that it is a faster 9mm and you gain a round or two. ??
Old 12-08-2012, 22:57   #18
glock2740
Gun lover.

Quote:
A Les Baer Stinger has been on my mind for some time now. Faawrenchbndr asked me a few good questions and made me pause before I spent my money. That worked out well because I stumbled upon a Springfield Pro without any wait.

About the same time I happened to be the first one to respond to an ad for an older all steel Springfield Compact. It's a CCO. I'm torn that it is too 'original' to mess with. At least for now. It kinda stinks that it had it's pretty little box with it.

My initial ache was for a Les Baer Stinger 45acp in stainless. That ache has not been satisfied. But the more that I read, I'm wondering if the Stinger in 38 Super might be the way to go for a 1911 that I intend to carry.

I'm 5'2" tall. Please don't tell me to stick with a full size 1911 for carry. I don't want to wear bigger clothes and I don't want to feel like I'm in a three legged race.

What do you think?
I wouldn't worry over altering one. I have an early SA TRP Champion and have done a few thing to it and am about to have it hardchromed to boot.

From this...
1911 Forums

To this...
1911 Forums

(one on left)
1911 Forums
Old 12-08-2012, 22:57   #19
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
Yeppers, and with 1911 it is even worse IMO. I know that say one each of a Kimber, Ruger and Springfield 1911 make more "sense" than a single Wilson for the same money. But I still want the Wilson and if I did not buy it I would eventually anyways. I am weak.....
Most of us are pretty weak here, so you're in good company, my friend.

Old 12-08-2012, 22:58   #20
bac1023

Quote:
Bac I've been waiting for a sig line for a long time.
Do you mind?
Not at all, please do