Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 07:46   #21
Baba Louie

My Butt Hurts, but no Hate

Quote:
...but all it did for me was scare me out of a 1911.
That happens to some people.
Quote:
...all common problems with 1911's... Things that should be expected with the 1911 pistol
I did have a front sight blow off a Colt Govt one time which I was not expecting. I kept shooting that day anyway. Got a new one staked in/on. Good to go. I also did have some cheap magazine feeding issues once. That can be annoying.

Speaking of kicking tires... 1911 - 1985 a very short service life granted. Only lasted thru one or two, maybe three or four major wars, ONLY, sheesh. OK, I'll give you that. Heavy, old fashioned, limited round count... sure. Heat treatment technology somewhat sketchy at first, OK, yeah there's that. For awhile, only a sole mfg for commercial sales, well doesn't that suck? Perhaps I should write "didn't" that suck?

But for some strange reason today, unfathomable to some, there are a lot of 1911 tires one can kick, from low cost units made somewhere else to pricey truly custom made one at a time tires, and everything in between.

Takes a Kickin and keeps on going BANG. But... with so many mfgs making so many of the damn things in different materials and processes (can you say MIM?), some things are bound to go wrong, sure.

HK's, I feel a tingle going up my leg I tell ya.

Glocks... well, here we all are at GlockTalk, so Gaston and his boys must have done something right. Or well. On the cheap.

But... what's that you say?
Some issues with some of the newer generations?
Wait just a minute Mister.
KaBooms in certain models once in a while?
No Way Dude! That's just another internet lie! It had to be the ammo, could never be an unsupported chamber barrel... even if I read it on the internet because I believe everything I read, don't you?

Never heard of Recoil magazine. Must look that up. and this Jerry Tsai?

It is nice to have choices tho' and who doesn't love to stir the fanboi hornets nest once in awhile?

You should get a 1911 to fear & hate coleslaw. They are out there. Some say Kimbers with exterior extractors and/or Paras will serve you best in this regard. Others hate the commie Chinese clones so much they were banned. Banned! From our shores! Banned. So apparently, someone else agrees with you there... or here.

Or do what Yeager tells you. Your call.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Old 12-08-2012, 07:47   #22
Green Dragoon

I'm reminded frequently that this forum is full of very young posters, who's gun knowledge and exposure is limited. Often limited to Glock's and nothing else.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:50   #23
Rally Vincent
Bipolar

Jerry Tsai comments? Must have missed that one.
Niners Club Member - #196
1911 Club Member - #001
"All evil comes from the old.They grow fat on ideas and young men die of them."
Old 12-08-2012, 07:51   #24
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post

Yeager is a moron and I've sent him some choice words on a few occasions.
Bac, you owe morons everywhere an apoplogy for lumping him in with them. even morons have standards.

as for the op. no, you've obviously never owned a 1911. if you are basing a purchase on an article from recoil magazine, perhaps you shouldn't.

as one astute glocktalker put it, it's fhm magazine with guns.

Last edited by jakebrake; 12-08-2012 at 07:54..
Old 12-08-2012, 07:53   #25
jakebrake
cracker

Quote:

What would I ever, ever do without my 1911...
shoot one of the other multitude of guns you own?
Old 12-08-2012, 07:57   #26
Rally Vincent
Bipolar

Quote:
I know the 1911 guys can get real butt hurt about any bad talk about the 1911 so I'll just apologize now and get it out of the way. I think James Yeager said it best with 1911 guys... "A 1911 that works correctly is just as rare as a Glock that doesn't"... Now let the hate speech rain down on me.
James Yeager? Who gives a crap what that sack of trash said. Someone needs to slap that sideways ball cap off his head.
Niners Club Member - #196
1911 Club Member - #001
"All evil comes from the old.They grow fat on ideas and young men die of them."
Old 12-08-2012, 07:58   #27
Nakanokalronin
JMB & MTK

"Factoids" coming from Recoil magazine and James Yeager taken to heart by someone who has never owned a 1911, enough said.

Funny how the problems Recoil mentions as the norm have never happened to any of my 14 1911s. Guess I'm just lucky....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:00   #28
Wil Ufgood
CLM Number 263
GTDS #88

Let's compare apples to apples. If you're going to use Glock or HK as a comparison, pick a 1911 produced by a specific manufacturer. Otherwise compare the 1911 platform versus striker fired pistols.

There are great 1911's, some not so much.

Same with striker fired pistols.

To simply state 1911's are all no good is ignorant.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:15   #29
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustin View Post
I don't think the op was trolling, it's just that he was frightened away from the wonderful world of 1911s by a magazine that most real shooters reject, and from a firearms trainer that most real shooters have no respect for. Look, I saw the article, but I've never seen, in person that is, any 1911's with cracked anything. The guns run and run and run. OP, 1911 guys are no worse than Glock guys. Get a damned 1911 and learn for yourself. (And bac is the perfect person to help you choose a specific 1911, plus hes an all around good guy as well.)
Thanks, my friend.

...but I will say that his last paragraph was definitely trolling, in my opinion.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:23   #30
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Coleslaw. Best served shredded.........

Old 12-08-2012, 08:30   #31
glock_19guy1983

OP apparently was beaten with a retard stick when he was a child
"Our situation illustrates the American idea that governments rest on the consent of the governed, and that it is the right of the people to alter or abolish them whenever they become destructive of the ends for which they were established."
Old 12-08-2012, 08:32   #32
ratf51

Just came across this thread-- I am tagging it to keep up with where this might go! This could be a fun ride...

Also, wouldn't it be wise to give adequate inspection to any used firearm purchase? (Provided that it is possible-- a hard thing to do with Gunbroker type of sales.) That is not just a "1911 thing".

And like my Momma would say when she would put a new food on my plate, "You don't know that you don't like it, you've never tried it."
Old 12-08-2012, 08:34   #33
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

Someone who forms his (uninformed) opinions based upon articles published in Recoil magazine. Check.

Someone who idolizes an immature coward who conducts live fire exercises with photographers downrange in between the targets. Check.

A thread in GlockTalk that further propagates the myths and fallacies about the 1911. Check.

Nothing to see here folks, just move on along and protect your IQ from further degradation.

Oh, and Have a Nice Day. Check.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:35   #34
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratf51 View Post
Just came across this thread-- I am tagging it to keep up with where this might go! This could be a fun ride...
It actually just started an hour or two ago.

Threads like this go crazy and then usually get shut down.

Old 12-08-2012, 08:48   #35
ratf51

Quote:
It actually just started an hour or two ago.

Threads like this go crazy and then usually get shut down.
Some of the best thrill rides are short!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:48   #36
Jermzzzzzzz

OH EEEEEMMMM GEEEEEEE this information came directly from James Yeager AND Recoil magazine so it must be true!!! :screwy: I bet if they both said the. 22LR is the perfect manstopper rounds you'd believe .

Sent from my DROIDX
Old 12-08-2012, 08:51   #37
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratf51 View Post
Some of the best thrill rides are short!
Yeah, these threads are entertaining!

Old 12-08-2012, 08:58   #38
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

A Sudden Realization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermzzzzzzz View Post
OH EEEEEMMMM GEEEEEEE this information came directly from James Yeager AND Recoil magazine so it must be true!!! :screwy: I bet if they both said the. 22LR is the perfect manstopper rounds you'd believe .

Sent from my DROIDX

You know, I never realized it before, but now it makes sense.

Yeager is really Gunkid! LMAO!!!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:59   #39
Jermzzzzzzz

I would like to know the OP's operational experience, or if he is an expert just cause he read a article in a stupid magazine by a stupid trainer.

Sent from my DROIDX
Old 12-08-2012, 09:09   #40
Nakanokalronin
JMB & MTK

James Yeager is a Glock Bot. If you ever drudged yourself through the 1911s suck video of his, you might see the other video on the side panel that say "All guns should be Glocks" or something similar in the title. The 1911 is too much for him to handle which is why he advocates that a G19 is the superior handgun on the planet.

In that video and posted by the uniformed, it's always a laugh where people try and claim 1911s need tons of money and maintenance to run correctly. Again, I must be lucky since my 1911s have run 100% out of the box since day one.

Last edited by Nakanokalronin; 12-08-2012 at 09:09..

Closed Thread