Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-06-2012, 18:30   #221
Henry's Dad
woof, woof

Without passing any judgment on the underlying merits of the case, I just pray that this makes it to the US Supreme Court, if only so that I can hear Chief Justice Roberts announce the following from the bench:

"This morning we will hear argument in Bucksnort v. Wisconsin."

Last edited by Henry's Dad; 12-06-2012 at 18:30..
Henry's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 19:07   #222
eaglefrq
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkglock32 View Post
I have been in my fair share of trouble so i am not gonna start throwing rocks in a glass house, but... you were drinking, driving and carrying a firearm. I am not a lawman nor am i an attorney but that sounds like it don't mix. If i were in this situation i wouldn't be trying to ramp up the prosecution, getting them in a tissy. I would suggest being calm and trying to go into the courtroom respectfully and say "hey i wasn't causing any trouble, can we reevaluate this situation". One thing i have learned with all my "legal issues" is that you can argue, fight and fuss till you're blue in the face, but you catch more flies with honey. As to all that have openly criticized the OP, you really don't know what the OP went through and it is hard to put every detail in one of these threads, especially when you are having to defend yourself from everyone pretty much. i say , instead of snarky remarks we offer him advice and maybe with our actions it might help him calm down and make good decisions, cause like another poster said he represents us all who carry. I am not taking sides I just know how stressful it can be to have made a mistake and try to reconcile it quickly and efficiently. As far as the OP's attitude towards LE, i am only going to say that these guys put there life on the line everyday to help protect us and just like any soldier that fights for this country: May God bless you and thank you.
The problem with the bold section is, he has been asked by numerous members for additional information so they can offer advice. He has ignored those repeated requests, provided vague information or responded with snarky comments that do not help his case that he is the innocent victim of a police conspiracy.

If the events happened, then the OP has no one to blame but himself. He drank alcohol, carried a firearm and got behind the wheel of his car.

Last edited by eaglefrq; 12-07-2012 at 06:50..
eaglefrq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 20:59   #223
Jgriggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksnort1959 View Post
I sorry you feel that way. Would it be any better having a gun unloaded with the mag readily accessible? Do you think the 2 seconds to charge and rack is any different or would make a diff?
I'm interested.
Also curious
1: have you ever consumed alcohol within 4 hours of operating a motor vehicle?
4 hours being the time it takes for an beer to be dissipated completely from your system?
2: Do you think your ability to hold a steady aim is worse, the same, or better after having a beer?
Graciously waiting your answer
Don't be sorry. There is no apology necessary.
To answer your questions.
No, it wouldn't be better for a drunk driver to be speeding around town with an unloaded gun and it's magazine sitting on the seat next to him. Honestly, I can't believe you had to ask that question. You are focusing on the gun, the point is the DUI and the cop's reaction to seeing the gun - unloaded or not.

Do I think the 2 seconds it would take to load the weapon would make a difference? I don't know what you're talking about. I never said anything about that, but since you brought it up, why did you feel the need to have one in the pipe as it were? Were you worried that the 2 seconds it would take to load the firearm would be too much time, now I'm curious.

Question number 1, which it seems is really question number 3. No I have never operated a motor vehicle within 4 hours of consuming a drink. I know you won't believe me because you need to feel like you did nothing wrong, I mean everyone does it, right? Well no, not me. I have a CDL, a DUI mean my license is suspended on the first offense, and I lose my job. More than that, I lose my profession because no one will hire me for years and years. At that point I will probably need to go to truck driving school again to gain recent experience. So no sir, not ever. It is not worth my house and cars to have a beer.

Q2 or is it 4. Hold steady aim?? WTF.
Again with the gun. What difference does it make if I can hold my aim after a beer? the point is that you see nothing wrong with drinking and driving or drinking and shooting. I stand by my statement, and you have said nothing that does anything other than reenforce my opinion, You will not see there is a lesson to be learned, but will instead blame everyone around you.

Have a beer on me. . .what could it hurt.
Jgriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:10   #224
bucksnort1959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgriggs View Post
Don't be sorry. There is no apology necessary.
To answer your questions.
No, it wouldn't be better for a drunk driver to be speeding around town with an unloaded gun and it's magazine sitting on the seat next to him. Honestly, I can't believe you had to ask that question. You are focusing on the gun, the point is the DUI and the cop's reaction to seeing the gun - unloaded or not.

Do I think the 2 seconds it would take to load the weapon would make a difference? I don't know what you're talking about. I never said anything about that, but since you brought it up, why did you feel the need to have one in the pipe as it were? Were you worried that the 2 seconds it would take to load the firearm would be too much time, now I'm curious.

Question number 1, which it seems is really question number 3. No I have never operated a motor vehicle within 4 hours of consuming a drink. I know you won't believe me because you need to feel like you did nothing wrong, I mean everyone does it, right? Well no, not me. I have a CDL, a DUI mean my license is suspended on the first offense, and I lose my job. More than that, I lose my profession because no one will hire me for years and years. At that point I will probably need to go to truck driving school again to gain recent experience. So no sir, not ever. It is not worth my house and cars to have a beer.

Q2 or is it 4. Hold steady aim?? WTF.
Again with the gun. What difference does it make if I can hold my aim after a beer? the point is that you see nothing wrong with drinking and driving or drinking and shooting. I stand by my statement, and you have said nothing that does anything other than reenforce my opinion, You will not see there is a lesson to be learned, but will instead blame everyone around you.

Have a beer on me. . .what could it hurt.
Thanks for your honesty on the question on whether you've ever taken a drink and then drove
bucksnort1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:46   #225
Bruce M

Quote:
Thanks for your honesty on the question on whether you've ever taken a drink and then drove

The last few pages and that's it??
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.

Last edited by Bruce M; 12-07-2012 at 06:47..
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:53   #226
eaglefrq
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
The last few pages and that's it??
Yes, that's the way TROLLS are, they pick and choose who they want to respond to.

Last edited by eaglefrq; 12-07-2012 at 07:16..
Old 12-07-2012, 10:21   #227
Jgriggs

Quote:

You're welcome.

For the record, with a CDL the limit is .04 and bottle to throttle is 8 hours. There is only one "side" to my license, not a commercial "side" and a car "side." Therefore the same rules apply no matter what I'm driving. Some may argue that and LEO might cut me a break based on the vehicle, but the technicality is that with this lic. it's .04/8hrs. Believe what you want, but that's why I never do it.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:57   #228
Cream Soda Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy03cls View Post
Sounds like a disgruntled person to me. Own up & identify your mistakes & learn from them. A beer, a car, speeding... lots that could have avoided the whole thing if even true.

Good luck. & yeah stop posting about it.
Yep. I agree wholeheartedly.
Cream Soda Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:43   #229
Apetrulis01

ugh

It is amazing how certain people lump all cops into the same category. If they had a bad experience with one then all cops are bad and they are out to abuse your civil rights.

Image if the cops use the same logic on the general population. Wow, everyone must smoke crack, this guy was a a-hole on a traffic stop so everyone is a a-hole, the last guy I stopped fought me so let me just club this guy like a baby seal because he has to be like everyone else. Good thing most cops don't think like that.

It is starting to get to where being a cop is not even worth it, everyone seems to be out against you.

I got it, lets just fire every cop in the country, I am sure no it will be all sunshine and rainbows for everybody.

Adam

Deputy Sheriff: Duty Gun Glock 22, S&W Magpul Midlength 16" AR, Remington 870, Glock 27, BUG: Ruger LCP
Apetrulis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:07   #230
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apetrulis01 View Post
It is amazing how certain people lump all cops into the same category. If they had a bad experience with one then all cops are bad and they are out to abuse your civil rights.

Image if the cops use the same logic on the general population. Wow, everyone must smoke crack, this guy was a a-hole on a traffic stop so everyone is a a-hole, the last guy I stopped fought me so let me just club this guy like a baby seal because he has to be like everyone else. Good thing most cops don't think like that.

It is starting to get to where being a cop is not even worth it, everyone seems to be out against you.

I got it, lets just fire every cop in the country, I am sure no it will be all sunshine and rainbows for everybody.

Adam
A lot of leo bunch people in as the "enemy". It is sad but true. Then we have people who truly have never been involved in a false arrest and know nothing about the system. What irks me is when people have done something..ie an incident and then get beaten and money but the people who are truly falsely arrested..ie no incident but lies by police and others don't get a darned dollar. See,s a little out of whack to me. Sometime I will tell you a true story of a man that was arrested five times and didn't do a darned thing and when he finally threatened to shoot them the charges were all dropped. I personally treat everyone as individuals but we could in realty say that all people were bad and be correct.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:12   #231
bucksnort1959

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglefrq View Post
Yes, that's the way TROLLS are, they pick and choose who they want to respond to.
wow, now the names.
I shall call you sailor boy.
SB
Interpret the jury instructions as if they were given to you to judge.
Have you ever had a beer and then operated?
It seems to have gotten real quiet when these questions are asked.
Lots of circular arguments that get boring.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:17   #232
Jgriggs

I suspect it has gotten real quiet in here because after ten pages most have gotten bored and moved on.

I have a question for you.
Is it legal in your state to carry while you're drinking?
Is it legal to carry in an establishment or an area whose primary business is to serve alcohol?

If not, then your 'who hasn't had a few drinks and sped all around town with a weapon' argument is moot.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:26   #233
JuneyBooney

Quote:
I suspect it has gotten real quiet in here because after ten pages most have gotten bored and moved on.

Is it legal to carry in an establishment or an area whose primary business is to serve alcohol?

If not, then your 'who hasn't had a few drinks and sped all around town with a weapon' argument is moot.
If he is born in 1959 he is around 53-54 and less likely to be a weed hound but nothing would surprise me. If he had a jury trial with a good attorney it would cost him at least 5k in most areas or more. If he had a jury trial the state would have thought it was a strong case or they would have nolle the case. I don't drink and drive because I don't drink but I co carry the personal protector.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
Old 12-07-2012, 12:30   #234
eaglefrq
NRA Member

Quote:
wow, now the names.
I shall call you sailor boy.
SB
Thanks for proving my point about trolling.

Last edited by eaglefrq; 12-07-2012 at 12:40..
Old 12-07-2012, 12:48   #235
RussP

Quote:
Why is this so damn important? Why does everyone have to give their interpretation?

The interpretation/application to your case cannot be made without the rest of the story, the testimony by the officers on scene, the technician who drew the blood, the officers or deputies who processed you, the bartender where you had your "one beer."

What other instructions were given to jurors?

First, however, answer this. Were you put on trial for the alcohol charge?
Quote:
The quiet is your fault. There are many, many questions put to you that you refuse to answer. We're "quietly" awaiting those answers.
Quote:
No, not circular arguments, just the same questions we asked earlier being repeated.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 13:02   #236
Fox
Varmit Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
Here in Miami we have these fresh out of High School, 18 year old cops, who don't even know what a Yield sign stands for....good luck to you.
Minimum age should be 25yo for a cop because it's a job that requires maturity IMO.

The young guys 18 to 24yo are encouraged to join the military for the life experience.

Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 13:12   #237
bucksnort1959

Quote:

Yes and yes
Old 12-07-2012, 13:20   #238
bucksnort1959

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Why is this so damn important? Why does everyone have to give their interpretation?

The interpretation/application to your case cannot be made without the rest of the story,
Interpret it so we have a basis for having one beer makes one "intoxicated" per some posters.
Good that some don't drink or can't handle booze.
I commend them for being completely sober.

I answered the questions to the extent that others have advised is enough. Even some of you questions were answered but you might have missed them.
As the wannabe cop was spouting the wrong laws it's just amazing peeps want to give their opinion of guilt or innocence but won't opinion a jury instruction, not mine in particular, but in general. Not really hard to do.
And it's not too hard to say you've operated and drank ma beer is it?
Old 12-07-2012, 13:27   #239
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Interpret it so we have a basis for having one beer makes one "intoxicated" per some posters.
Good that some don't drink or can't handle booze.
I commend them for being completely sober.

I answered the questions to the extent that others have advised is enough. Even some of you questions were answered but you might have missed them.
As the wannabe cop was spouting the wrong laws it's just amazing peeps want to give their opinion of guilt or innocence but won't opinion a jury instruction, not mine in particular, but in general. Not really hard to do.
And it's not too hard to say you've operated and drank ma beer is it?
People who don't drink do ti for a reason. Most people either want sex or to fight when drinking. If you swerved on the dashcam they would have reasonable suspicion that you were drinking. Most jury instructions are standard and then changed a bit for each case. But it has been my ecperience that a government will spend 100k on lawyers before they pay you one dollar. If you can't prove you are 100 percent right you will lose the civil rights case on a 1983 1985 case. I think that is why people are curious about this thread. In some ways you have done like a woman..dancing around teasing everyone.

Cool songs:

Cool car:
Old 12-07-2012, 13:29   #240
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Minimum age should be 25yo for a cop because it's a job that requires maturity IMO.

The young guys 18 to 24yo are encouraged to join the military for the life experience.
The military likes young guns because they take orders and don't question authority..as we get older we question authority and "WHY".

Cool songs:

Cool car:

Tags
ccw arrest, ccw followup